• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Do Grainger Games sell amiibos at all? I've got £2 in vouchers spare and I'm wondering if I can use them to get an amiibo for ~£8.

I bought a Yoshi and Samus from a Grainger Games recently, but those two and Mario were all they had. They were £10 each though, so that was very much appreciated.

Bydobob

Good old Tesco came good with Meta Knight. 24 hour turnaround between ordering and collecting at my nearest store which is pretty damn good if you ask me.

Elsewhere Dedede is back in stock at Game, but after getting my previous 3 orders cancelled by them and an asking price of £15 I'm walking away this time.

All Wave 4 amiibos are also available for pre-order at Shopto for £10.85.

Bydobob

Yeah... no they're not man.

They're "available for pre-order" in that you can try to pre-order them, but none of them are in stock, and haven't been pretty much since they went up on the site.

OK, but isn't that how pre-orders work? Item isn't physically in stock but the outlet accepts pre-orders based according to how much stock they are allocated. Or are you saying they have no idea how much stock they will be getting and taking pre-orders anyway? If so that seems like a sneaky tactic to get customer's details.

Mr-Joker

Banned
OK, but isn't that how pre-orders work? Item isn't physically in stock but the outlet accepts pre-orders based according to how much stock they are allocated. Or are you saying they have no idea how much stock they will be getting and taking pre-orders anyway? If so that seems like a sneaky tactic to get customer's details.

Shopto honestly is very dodgy and there's a good reason why they are banned on gaf.

I never felt comfortable shopping there.

I think I'm out. I've been keeping up with Amiibos on both threads but I've noticed I haven't even bothered to search for Amiibos over he last two week. I'm sill goin to collect them but I've really lost interest. Nintendo really need to get this sorted.
It was good.

octopiggy

He means that when you click on the pre-order button it won't let you go any further.

I've never had a problem with shopto by the way.

JonnyKong

I just don't understand what happened with Argos getting the latest wave in stock?

Any of you guys got much stuff pre ordered from the Mario Party range?

RiggyRob

No, they're not taking preorders for the Wave 4 amiibo anyway. I've tried preordering Robin there, no dice.

EmiPrime

They opened pre-orders, got flooded with them and stopped taking them after just a couple of hours. Wave 4 don't show up on their in stock nor their amiibo pages. I don't think they are being sneaky.

I was able to pre-order all of wave 4 through Shopto.

nemisis0

Oh, good job I didn't bite then, thanks.

I have had orders from them years ago and well over 80 orders, mostly get my stuff a day or two early from them, used to be really cheap not anymore sadly, they are safe and have a quite good costumer service system From my personal experience.

Ricky 7

I think I'm out. I've been keeping up with Amiibos on both threads but I've noticed I haven't even bothered to search for Amiibos over he last two week. I'm sill goin to collect them but I've really lost interest. Nintendo really need to get this sorted.
It was good.
Agreed, constantly monitoring stock just adds unnecessary stress over something that's supposed to be a fun hobby. If there wasn't any stock problem I literally would have bought them all.

Bydobob

They opened pre-orders, got flooded with them and stopped taking them after just a couple of hours. Wave 4 don't show up on their in stock nor their amiibo pages. I don't think they are being sneaky.

Maybe not, but you don't find out until you register and give your details. Clicking the 'buy' tab takes you straight to the registration page.

Any road, I'll desist from discussing further given its status on 'GAF. Any indicators yet on which will be the rare ones from Wave 4?

EmiPrime

Maybe not, but you don't find out until you register and give your details. Clicking the 'buy' tab takes you straight to the registration page.

Any road, I'll desist from discussing further given its status on 'GAF. Any indicators yet on which will be the rare ones from Wave 4?

If you're into amiibo you should have accounts with all the major retailers anyway. I really don't see the problem.

Ness will be a unicorn, probably the Fire Emblem characters too.

Koren

The super mario range are up on amazon.co.uk for pre-order. I have linked to toad, because I think he is the popular one.
They're up for preorder *again*, or is it the first time for UK?

I've preordered them on Amazon.fr, but if they're opening the preorders again a couple days before release, that could mean they received a bit more stock than they expected, and we could hope some wave 4 preorders again in mid-april?

Oh, dammit. I always miss these... -_-
Darn it, would have been up for that Meta Knight... kudos to you nibblemonkey.

Guess my next chance will be at MCM expo next weekend.

Okay... well these are the Meta Knights I managed to get:
2015_03_14_20_29_36.jpg

1 For my collection, 1 for my girlfriend's collection, 1 was always intended to go to someone who needs it here on Gaf, and the other one was meant to be for a friend at work, but I spoke to him this morning and he managed to get hold of one from Tesco too in the end.

Basically that means I have another spare now. So Kyonashi, as you were first to post then of course i'll give you the chance to have it! Just drop me a PM :)

mcmmaster - sorry, I wish I had another spare to give to you but hopefully you manage to grab one at MCM, It's probably the best chance anyone will have at the moment! But of course if either nibblemonkey or Kyonashi don't want it for any reason then you're next in line!

Kyonashi

Okay... well these are the Meta Knights I managed to get:
2015_03_14_20_29_36.jpg

1 For my collection, 1 for my girlfriend's collection, 1 was always intended to go to someone who needs it here on Gaf, and the other one was meant to be for a friend at work, but I spoke to him this morning and he managed to get hold of one from Tesco too in the end.

Basically that means I have another spare now. So Kyonashi, as you were first to post then of course i'll give you the chance to have it! Just drop me a PM :)

mcmmaster - sorry, I wish I had another spare to give to you but hopefully you manage to grab one at MCM, It's probably the best chance anyone will have at the moment! But of course if either nibblemonkey or Kyonashi don't want it for any reason then you're next in line!

Dropped you a PM! You're a true amiibro/gal!

Bazry

My Meta Knight order from Tesco was shipped on Saturday for delivery today, I won't believe it until I see it

I opened up a ticket with shopto about a week or go about my missing Pikachu order, still heard nothing back from them. I don't want to rock the boat there as all my next wave is pre ordered with them :D

My Meta Knight order from Tesco was shipped on Saturday for delivery today, I won't believe it until I see it

I opened up a ticket with shopto about a week or go about my missing Pikachu order, still heard nothing back from them. I don't want to rock the boat there as all my next wave is pre ordered with them :D

I'm sure it'll turn up don't worry :p All 4 that I got were form Tesco and they arrived safely :)

As for the pikachu, try giving them a call, I've found their customer service over the phone to be very good in past - I ordered The Last Of Us and noticed when it was actually being packaged and processed that I had put the wrong address on the order - phoned them up, the guy personally took a note over to the warehouse to get them to change it before they sent it out as they had all been packaged up already!

Bazry

I'm sure it'll turn up don't worry :p All 4 that I got were form Tesco and they arrived safely :)

As for the pikachu, try giving them a call, I've found their customer service over the phone to be very good in past - I ordered The Last Of Us and noticed when it was actually being packaged and processed that I had put the wrong address on the order - phoned them up, the guy personally took a note over to the warehouse to get them to change it before they sent it out as they had all been packaged up already!

Funnily enough its turned up this morning from shopto, looks like they used my works address, but my home post code, weird. I've checked my confirmation emails and they both have the correct post code on there, must have been a glitch on their system or something

GAME are currently readying my preorders to go! Toad, Luigi and Yoshi so far, but I'd expect the others later today or in the next day or so. Seems to be about a week or so earlier than I expected.

Funnily enough its turned up this morning from shopto, looks like they used my works address, but my home post code, weird. I've checked my confirmation emails and they both have the correct post code on there, must have been a glitch on their system or something

Nice :p Ahh yeah I've had that exact same issue with my Sonic and Megaman pre-orders from them! Work address but home postcode... they really should sort that out.

...and that's Bowser too. I suspect GAME got the whole lot in and are just working their way through them today. If you were in on the first wave of pre-orders when they went up on GAME I'd guess you'll be getting your notifications today too.

Just had dispatch notice for all of the Super Mario Bros. collection from GAME. :)

Excellent! I've had readying notices about all but Peach and Mario, and a dispatch email for Yoshi. Good to know it's all gone relatively smoothly so far - hopefully GAME's preorder window will be larger for future waves as being able to order all of the Super Mario range and Wave 4 at GAME and (fingers crossed!) it all being handled well has made collecting them a far less painful experience!

Top Bottom