• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Decider

No sign of my Mario Bros collection from GAME, but ShopTo did come through with my Mario Party bundle:

dvxrtII.jpg

CgzTCS3.jpg

Great packaging.

Apart from the USK logo blighting the box again, yeah.

Kyonashi

Brian★;156699574 said:
just a repost.

amiibo25bklv.png

I'll add it to the OP!

On a different note, did anything ever come of Argos showing some rarer amiibos as in stock online the other day? It was reported on Twitter but I never saw anything personally on my end.

Hi everyone!

I came here to see if the EU packaging for the Mario series' amiibos has a numbering system. It appears that they do not! Even though I'm in the US, I use the EU numbering system to determine the order that my amiibos are on display. What do I do with these!!!??? How are you all going to display them?

TheMoon

Hi everyone!

I came here to see if the EU packaging for the Mario series' amiibos has a numbering system. It appears that they do not! Even though I'm in the US, I use the EU numbering system to determine the order that my amiibos are on display. What do I do with these!!!??? How are you all going to display them?

copy the order of the equivalents from the Smash line. Mario = 1, etc

Spades

It's my daughters 1st birthday today, but daddy was the one getting all the presents:

SCwBZYv.jpg

xdUwrrC.jpg

She'll thank me one day when they all belong to her!

She had plenty of presents of her own today, don't worry!

Koren

I came here to see if the EU packaging for the Mario series' amiibos has a numbering system. It appears that they do not! Even though I'm in the US, I use the EU numbering system to determine the order that my amiibos are on display. What do I do with these!!!???
Use the product number?

In the smash line, both are closely correlated...

Cappa

Banned
I really didn't want the SMB line... but Bowser, Luigi and Yoshi were just sitting there in Carrefour and my GF convinced me to grab them... I think she's more addicted to these things than I am lol.

Also, pre-ordering Wave 4 in Spain is impossible. GAME doesn't seem to have a fucking clue(it's like the filth that is Gamestop exists everywhere in the world). I called one GAME who said they sold out instantly.... other GAMES said pre-orders arent up and they have no idea why.

Meh...... my girlfriend found a local store that carries Amiibos and they are not a retail chain... so I'm hoping they get some legit stock of these things.... they call her everytime Amiibos come in but it's Amiibos I already have.

They do have a bunch of metaknights.

MouldyK

Bought 5 of the 6 new ones.

I am missing:

- Sheik
- Sonic
- Shulk
- Bowser (Smash Version)
- Meta Knight
- Peach (SMB Version)

Yeah...i'm screwed with 3 Sonic, Shulk and Meta Knight, right? :(

Zafir

Bought 5 of the 6 new ones.

I am missing:

- Sheik
- Sonic
- Shulk
- Bowser (Smash Version)
- Meta Knight
- Peach (SMB Version)

Sonic is easily available in the UK. Just order from there?

iFirez

I have an addiction...

Currently missing Meta Knight, Shulk and Robin. But I'll wait for them. More worried about next wave as I didn't mange to get all of them preordered... Time to start saving up!

Decider

My Mario Party Luigi has tiny, pinprick holes through his ears that I only noticed when I held him up to the light. Has anybody seen this?

Also, I'm stunned that the new Bowser is even bigger than the Smash Bros variant.

Koren

As said before, Sonic is available in many places, but Shulk, MK and Dedede are Wave 3 trinity and ten times harder to find than the original trinity...

Been looking everywhere for a King Dedede Uk version, can't find one anywhere :(
I've been looking for one (and Shulk) daily since release day (last month), in the whole Europe, and yes, no luck...

Currently missing Meta Knight, Shulk and Robin. But I'll wait for them. More worried about next wave as I didn't mange to get all of them preordered... Time to start saving up!
Robin isn't released yet, it's a Wave 4 one, no?

Jofamo

So is anyway at the MCM expo in Birmingham? Nintendo have a section there and an official store, and someone mentioned that there'd be Amiibos for sale. Wonder if they kept anything good for the visitors?

Mob

So is anyway at the MCM expo in Birmingham? Nintendo have a section there and an official store, and someone mentioned that there'd be Amiibos for sale. Wonder if they kept anything good for the visitors?

They had Villager in a bundle with a Wii U, think it was £200.
Marth bundled with Smash Bros 3DS for £50.
Wii Fit Trainer bundled with Smash Bros 3DS for £50.
They had some commons bundled with carry cases too, no single amiibo though.

They also had the Zelda Majoras Mask 3DS XL, the LE game & Skull Kid figure.

Amiibo's putting the fun in fundamentally flawed production run and distribution. I like them, but I would like to just walk into a store and pick up the ones that I want.

Koren

I don't mind looking for them.

But the fact that you actually CAN'T find some of them in stores AT ALL and you have to *snipe* preorders take all the fun away.

taranatar

Finally got my King Dedede yesterday. The only one I'm missing from them all is Meta Knight. Seriously cannot find him anywhere and scalpers can do one with asking for 30-40 quid on ebay,

Saiyan-Rox

What's the chances Ninty will bring more shulk out with the release of the game on 3DS?

Seems incredibly stupid they'd advertise the shulk amiibo compatibility with the game and yet no one can actually manage to get one!

Phoenixus

What's the chances Ninty will bring more shulk out with the release of the game on 3DS?

Seems incredibly stupid they'd advertise the shulk amiibo compatibility with the game and yet no one can actually manage to get one!

I hope they do, it's the last one I really want. :/

Kyonashi

Anyone got a status update on Rosalina? I never saw her for sale, not even once. Was keeping an eye on Argos/Tesco, but nothing.

MicH

More Shulk are supposedly coming in June

Anyone got a status update on Rosalina? I never saw her for sale, not even once. Was keeping an eye on Argos/Tesco, but nothing.

Rosalina was briefly on sale at game during launch. However, since i believe she has not been in stock. I was lucky to get her when she did come up.

Spades

Just in case anyone is looking for them, I still have these two (boxed) for sale:

Wii Fit Trainer
Toon Link

Asking £15 each - what I paid myself.

As an aside, I think the new Peach is my favourite Amiibo so far.

B1tvQDT.jpg

Peach is my favourite Nintendo character anyway, and I like this Amiibo a lot more than the Smash Bros one.

Just got the cancellation email from Nintendo for Robin. I was able to pre-order him within minutes of the nowinstock.net email. How people are able to get there even quicker is beyond me.

Got £10 worth of codes so far though.

Koren

So wave 4 just a dream because they are nowhere to be found
At the same time, in FNAC, about wave 4 preorder
Lors de la validation de votre commande, nous avions prévu l'expédition de votre colis le 06/03/2015. Cependant, le délai d'approvisionnement de notre fournisseur ést plus long que prévu. Votre colis vous sera ainsi expédié d'ici quelques jours.
Which means:
"When you validated your order, we planned the shipping of your parcel for 03/06. Unfortunately, it takes our supplier more time to provide us some stock. Your parcel will be shipped in a couple of days".

A couple of days? Really?

They're really clueless... I'm not even sure why I bother preordering them there (my wave 3b preorder have been cancelled last week)

I love how people can do custom amiibo like this:
Nice idea, that's one I'd be eager to try...

Cappa

Banned
Do you guys think any of the Super Mario collection will end up being rare? I've got a feeling that Toad might.

Impossible to find Toad(or any Amiibo for that matter) in Spain. I ended up ordering a Toad from the US, the packaging is the same with the exception of the 6+. He's the only one I'm missing and I used to live in the US so I just shipped it to my parent's house and when I go in the summer I'll just bring back over. :)

Still no sign of Wave 4 pre-orders.

Top Bottom