• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Son Of D

May be due to his exclusivity in USA that they are buying from EU (and panicking local EU customers at the same time).

Gotta say, I hope UK roll out Yoshi pre-orders soon!

Not to mention he's the least known Pokemon of the Smash roster. So his stock probably won't be as high as Charizard, Pikachu, Puff and Mewtwo.

TheMoon

Has it been confirmed?
I think it's a safe assumption to make that the yarn and the SSB yoshi's will have the same functionality, but i haven't seen anything official about it.

It doesn't need to be confirmed. They're the same amiibo in different colors. They would've said so if they did different things.

May be due to his exclusivity in USA that they are buying from EU (and panicking local EU customers at the same time).

Gotta say, I hope UK roll out Yoshi pre-orders soon!

Isn't Jiggly equally exclusive in the US though?

In other news, amazon finally added pictures for the two pokemons, impressive.

Costia

It doesn't need to be confirmed. They're the same amiibo in different colors. They would've said so if they did different things.

I thought he was talking about the SSB and mario party yoshi's vs. the yarn one.
The different colors of the yarn yoshi are the same.

69wpm

Man, the Splatoon LE is 45€ in other German shops and amazon.de asks 60€. Shipping is also more expensive. Hopefully the price will go down, if not, I still have a pre-order at amazon.fr as backup.

Edit: Just got word from our local retailer that they'll get the LE for around 40€. Weirdly their site lists a May 22nd release date, a week earlier than expected.

TheMoon

I thought he was talking about the SSB and mario party yoshi's vs. the yarn one.
The different colors of the yarn yoshi are the same.

The original question was whether the "other two Yoshis do the same as the green one" which are not the SMB and Smash Yoshis since they are both also green.

Shy

surprised the nintendo store and amazon uk are taking so long
Since that nintendo direct i've had both amazon and GAME openin separate tabs for yoshi and splatoon bundles.
I got the splatoon one now i'm just waiting for yoshi. The wait is going to kill me. lol

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
As far as I know IBS prepared the pages but didn't start any pre-orders yet - I checked everyday their pages (well, a lot of checks everyday) since they put greninja - (which was the first amiibo to appear in their site soon after nintendo announced the new waves) so I believe they will start to take pre-order very soon - just keep on mind that for April wave they kept preorders opens from early march till very start of April - so I hope they will soon open them - unless they changed something in their policy. In addition, IBS has shelf dates based on US marketing days and not European ones - as you could easily check comparing them with Italian Amiibo lineup page - therefore, I think these are only placeholders pages (Palutena has got duplicated pages, as well) and I'm pretty sure pre-orders didn't start yet... finger crossed

Well I'll be darned if that ain't the best news to start my day with, thanks!
IBS threw me a curveball since it wasn't that way afaik with the last wave and you can already fully preorder stuff like Devil's Third or Zelda U while the upcoming amiibos are a no-go.
I've also sent you a pm, who knows maybe you might be interested in joining forces for the greater good of amiibo hunting all over The Boot ^_^

Raitaro

Since that nintendo direct i've had both amazon and GAME openin separate tabs for yoshi and splatoon bundles.
I got the splatoon one now i'm just waiting for yoshi. The wait is going to kill me. lol

I just put in an order for the Splatoon bundle + 2 Inkling Amiibo with GAME as well, but now I'm wondering if there's still a chance they might not get enough despite their strict one per customer rules etc. I've never tried ordering Amiibo through GAME before actually. What do you think, are we set?

Edit: I do wish I could preorder the Dr. Mario Amiibo as well while I'm at it, but they don't allow for that yet, just like Amazon.uk...

Ulysses 31

Don't know how well your german is but Amazon DE had splatoon and yoshi LE's and amiibo up twice now.

Each time it was friday afternoon when they put them up.

Rosur

Its annoying GAME having pages for the yoshi stuff but no option to preorder, are they an in-store only thing?

Its annoying GAME having pages for the yoshi stuff but no option to preorder, are they an in-store only thing?

I believe that they might not have gotten their stock allocation.They know they will eventually and so have it all pre pared, but they will only start offering pre orders when they get their allocation.

Mob

They're available to order in store now but apparently will be available online at some point.
I ordered in store just to get it done so I can forget about it for now.

Mob

was the tripple pack their? (might have to pop in before heading to my mates this afternoon).

I asked for the triple pack but they couldn't find that, they found the 3 individuals easily though.

They didn't have the usual prints for preorders when I was in store, they manually searched the system for me, if the preorder prints have arrived now they might all be on there.

They're available to order in store now but apparently will be available online at some point.
I ordered in store just to get it done so I can forget about it for now.

Yup, was just about to post about this. All 3 Yoshi Amiibos are available to place deposits on, the codes aren't in the folders yet so if the staff tell you that they aren't available tell them to search for Yoshi under the Pre-Order Deposits section. The triple pack SKU can still be found searching for Wooly, but it isn't a deposit code yet so it won't be functional.

Shy

I just put in an order for the Splatoon bundle + 2 Inkling Amiibo with GAME as well, but now I'm wondering if there's still a chance they might not get enough despite their strict one per customer rules etc. I've never tried ordering Amiibo through GAME before actually. What do you think, are we set?
God i hope so, if not i'll have to pre-order the splatoon amiibos from somewhere. :(
Don't know how well your german is but Amazon DE had splatoon and yoshi LE's and amiibo up twice now.

Each time it was friday afternoon when they put them up.
I'd rather wiat for them to come to uk amazon, but thanks for the heads up.
It really is. and i'm not sure about them being a in-store exclusive thing. sorry.

Spades

Don't forget that GAME had all of the new Amiibo listed with no option to pre-order at first. They only added the option to the ones which they knew their allocation for. I'm sure the Yoshi's and final Smash wave will be available to pre-order soon. They'll go up on ShopTo at the same time, I'd imagine.

Tried to pre order them at my local GAME (in Scotland) and they said they couldn't because they didn't have the pre order codes yet. Sigh

They do have the codes, that staff member is either being incredibly lazy or lacking any kind of initiative. Tell them to search for Yoshi under the Pre-Order Deposits section via the Query option on the till.

They do have the codes, that staff member is either being incredibly lazy or lacking any kind of initiative. Tell them to search for Yoshi under the Pre-Order Deposits section via the Query option on the till.
I did ask but they didn't want to budge on it so I just left. I'll try again today with a different staff member.

Mob

I did ask but they didn't want to budge on it so I just left. I'll try again today with a different staff member.

That sucks:(

Luckily the guy I dealt with is always super helpful, there are one or two in my store that probably wouldn't have looked outside the folder though.

Trying my GAME store again. Wish me luck~

Edit: and it worked. They wouldn't believe me that it would be in the system but I pleased with them to check and it showed up. :D

Trying my GAME store again. Wish me luck~

Edit: and it worked. They wouldn't believe me that it would be in the system but I pleased with them to check and it showed up. :D

Good to hear, sorry you had an uphill struggle with your local staff though. The deposit folder listings aren't even close to complete, or up to date, they really should have searched for you.

Good to hear, sorry you had an uphill struggle with your local staff though. The deposit folder listings aren't even close to complete, or up to date, they really should have searched for you.
It's okay :p just glad I have them. And yeah, they should be more willing to search if asked. I'd understand if it was super busy but it was quiet the first time and about the same the second (and successful) time.

Thank you for all the help :)

Flintty

You missed multiple signs already. If you have to come in and ask, you're not dedicated enough to the hunt. :D

I'm trying I'm trying! Damn life getting in the way lol.

I have the Game page pinned to my phones start screen and checking when I can. I hope I don't miss it!

TheMoon

So the product pages for some of the new amiibo are up on amazon.es. Does anybody know if they were already in stock/sold out?

Which ones? Can't find any via search (even using the Spanish names). Neither do the ASINs from the Splatoon/Yoshi ones work (taken from amazon.de)

Top Bottom