• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Toki767

For people who ordered from Zavvi before, when you pre-order a bunch of things that have different release dates like the Wave 5/6 amiibo, do they ship them as they release? Do you also only pay for shipping once?

Not amiibo related but possibly of interest: Nintendo UK shop are offering a Kirby plush with the new Kirby game preorders now. £35.

I just pre-ordered and in my confirmation mail it says the plushy i sold out.

I've had so many issues in the past with the Nintendo UK store i have zero faith in them, they get something wrong with every order.

For people who ordered from Zavvi before, when you pre-order a bunch of things that have different release dates like the Wave 5/6 amiibo, do they ship them as they release? Do you also only pay for shipping once?

Ship as they release, but they might miss or mess up one of the items. They did in my case for the last wave.

I've had so many issues in the past with the Nintendo UK store i have zero faith in them, they get something wrong with every order.

Yup, I've ordered with them 3 times, and they've not only fucked up each time, but twice also stuffed up their attempts to fix their mistakes. Really a quite phenomenally shite site.

JoeM86

The next waves of amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. Collection will soon be available to pre-order from the ‪#‎NintendoUKStore‬! Make sure to check out the amiibo store hub from the times listed below to secure your order. http://store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo.list

Wednesday 15th April from 3pm
Greninja & Jigglypuff

Thursday 16th April from 3pm
Dark Pit, Ganondorf, Palutena & Zero Suit Samus

Well we're boned

Yup, I've ordered with them 3 times, and they've not only fucked up each time, but twice also stuffed up their attempts to fix their mistakes. Really a quite phenomenally shite site.

To make matters even worse, their customer support is atrocious.

My Majoras mask 3ds got lost, it took them ages to find me a new one.They made me sign a legal form to get a new one. Like i had to print, sign, scan and return. Amazon do this shit at the drop of hat.

I got it, eventually, but not the skull kid figure, which was the reason i orderd it from them in the first place.

After lots of bitching one turned up, but it seems that was because they had extra and sent them out to the 3ds ambassador edition owners. As i got one, i didn't bother trying to get the other one from the actual game order.

I didn't get my theme 3ds code for Xenoblade Chronicles. I've been in touch with them twice, no reply.

I would never order from the Nintendo UK store over Amazon if they didn't have exclusive items that i wanted. At this point, they are even worse than GAME. I never thought i would be saying that.

/Rant

JoeM86

Glad I have my ShopTo backups, just in case.

Thankfully, I work at home, so can be around then, but I know a couple of friends who are stuck at work at that time.

Why they had to announce a time they're doing it, I have no idea

EmiPrime

Sold out on my email too.

I have only used them for the Ambassador n3DS and at least that arrived in one piece.

Spades

Here is the email for those that didn't get it:

11QHpPk.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
3pm? Do they forget that people tend to be working at that time?

Good thing I'm not really interested in any of them.

JonnyKong

I remember when I pre ordered the Majora's Mask 3ds it always said the free charger that came with it was sold out, but I still got it, so maybe that will happen with the Kirby plushes.

Yazoo91

Neo Member
I remember when I pre ordered the Majora's Mask 3ds it always said the free charger that came with it was sold out, but I still got it, so maybe that will happen with the Kirby plushes.

Yeah I was the same with the Mario statue they bundled with the New 3ds, email said sold out but I got it no problem, not too concerned about Kirby.

Flintty

I'm on holiday with no phone signal in the area. Just found some free WiFi and managed to get my order in for green Yoshi and the game, thank fuck. That is all I really wanted.

I can't recall - the UK Nintendo shop charges you at the point of preorder, doesn't it? I want to shift my Greninja/Jigglypuff preorders to a domestic shop, but if I have to pay for them now it might be a little tight funds-wise.

Mob

I can't recall - the UK Nintendo shop charges you at the point of preorder, doesn't it? I want to shift my Greninja/Jigglypuff preorders to a domestic shop, but if I have to pay for them now it might be a little tight funds-wise.

I get charged either the day before despatch or the day of despatch for credit card & debit card orders from the UK Nintendo store. I've never paid them with PayPal so not sure what they do for that.

I think they authorise the amount on card orders at the time you place the order though, then take payment closer to despatch.

Shtebenus

Neo Member
Recently fancy getting a Lucina. Preorders are all taken up. Any way I can get this on launch without a pre-order? Where's best?

UK here.

Recently fancy getting a Lucina. Preorders are all taken up. Any way I can get this on launch without a pre-order? Where's best?

UK here.

Smyth's first thing on launch day is a good bet, since they don't do in store preorders.

Assuming they actually get everything in that wave of course, since Nintendo apparently fucked them over without warning with the Shulk wave according to my local store manager.

Zafir

That's because it's before the time I guess. I wouldn't have known if I hadn't randomly checked on my phone just now. (I'm not home)

That's because it's before the time I guess. I wouldn't have known if I hadn't randomly checked on my phone just now. (I'm not home)

Not really, stores almost always drop this kind of thing sometime early, even if its just as unlisted items. I normally start refreshing & searching ~30mins before.

GAME was supposed to open pre-orders at 3am one night but they were available sometime before 2am. It didn't take long for that site to crash so this looks like it bodes well for tomorrow.

Preordered Jigglypuff. Loathed as I am to trust Nintendo UK's store, I'll cancel my Game preorder the week before release if neither get cancelled in the meantime, since this is 4 quid cheaper.

Top Bottom