• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Evilmaus

Okay, so I've got my copy of Splatoon pre-ordered at Game, packed with the Squid Amiibo, a separate pre-order with Game for the Inkling Girl Amiibo, and a back-up pre-order for the Inkling Girl Amiibo with ShopTo which I'll cancel as soon as I'm confident Game won't be having any problems.

This should hopefully have me covered!

Yazoo91

Neo Member
The Nintendo UK Store is just Zavvi/The Hut, everything is pretty much the same. I use Zavvi a lot, they have good prices and deals every now and again. No issues on my end with them, but you can never say really. I always fear that shops don't close the gates quick enough and let people order even when they have sold out, but you'd think that it'd be automatic, right?

Oh ok, thank you! I would hope so haha, we'll soon see...

Zafir

They just tweeted "Just to let new customers know that we have now sold out of #amiibo figures. Follow us for future amiibo updates! pic.twitter.com/j8RtDMWlfh"

Pretty ridiculous. They obviously didn't get much of an allocation. That combined with even international people ordering them as backups.

Cappa

Banned
They just tweeted "Just to let new customers know that we have now sold out of #amiibo figures. Follow us for future amiibo updates! pic.twitter.com/j8RtDMWlfh"

Pretty ridiculous. They obviously didn't get much of an allocation. That combined with even international people ordering them as backups.

Are you really shocked by this at this point? I doubt much of an allocation is an issue since they allowed international orders, free delivery(for most), and the prices were reasonable compared to others.

Zafir

Are you really shocked by this at this point? I doubt much of an allocation is an issue since they allowed international orders, free delivery(for most), and the prices were reasonable compared to others.
Well, I didn't say I was shocked. ;)

I just said it's ridiculous, which quite frankly, it is.

MicH

Any European site that ships overseas will get bombarded in minutes if they put up Amiibo. Our best bets are local retailers that doesn't shop outside your country/EU at this point

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Amazon.it and Gamestop.it still haven't put anything up while IBS is sold out of eveything, even of Bowser Jr, Olimar etc.

FUCK

69wpm

Any European site that ships overseas will get bombarded in minutes if they put up Amiibo. Our best bets are local retailers that doesn't shop outside your country/EU at this point

Except they don't get many amiibo if any. Talked to one of ours, they still don't know how much or if they get anything Splatoon related.

"we can't guarantee orders due to the speed that they sold out"

lol, do they realise how moronic that sounds. literally makes no sense whatsoever. clown parade as usual from zavvi

blazeuk

£35 for the Yoshi bundle?? I've got a Smyths order for £50! Ouch. Had no chance with Zavvi though, was on my way home from work.

Rosur

wonder the amount of site order hoping thats occuring. shopto->GAME->zavvi(...->amazon/nintendo). I got both game and zavvi atm, dont like GAME pricing but zavvi feels unreliable.

I've had issues with Zavvi when preordering before (fine for normal orders though) which is why I didn't pic any of their amiibo preorders.

Zafir

"we can't guarantee orders due to the speed that they sold out"

lol, do they realise how moronic that sounds. literally makes no sense whatsoever

Well, I think it does. They'll have a limit on how many orders they can accept before it swaps to sold out. That's fine if it's not really busy. But with Amiibos multiple people will be purchasing them at the exact same moment, so some people may have gotten through despite there actually not being the allocation for it. In other words there could have been one left, two people click to buy it at the exact same time, it goes through because the check said there was one left, but there isn't.

it makes sense. the system might not update quick enough when it sells out, to stop excess orders.

It should automatically cancel any orders that were basketed before the cutoff but purchased afterwards. Only makes sense if their system is garbage. Which it probably is because zavvi

Well, I think it does. They'll have a limit on how many orders they can accept before it swaps to sold out. That's fine if it's not really busy. But with Amiibos multiple people will be purchasing them at the exact same moment, so some people may have gotten through despite there actually not being the allocation for it. In other words there could have been one left, two people click to buy it at the exact same time, it goes through because the check said there was one left, but there isn't.

It's not going to be "the exact same time" in computer terms though.

true Gek

Here in Italy I'm not able to obtain any copy of Charizard, Greninja, Ganondorf or Samus Zero Suit. The situation is simply crazy -_-'

It should automatically cancel any orders that were basketed before the cutoff but purchased afterwards. Only makes sense if their system is garbage. Which it probably is because zavvi

yeah the hut group are terrible, if it wasnt for the fact they run the official nintendo webstore, i'd have nothing to do with them anymore

jeffers

Computer terms no, giant server bank terms yes.

Zafir

Well it depends how they've programmed it. It depends how the checks are done, if the check happens when you press pay, but it isn't deducted from the stock till the payment goes through. Then theoretically people could get through because the payment may not be instant.

Course all of this speculation.

Well it depends how they've programmed it. It depends how the checks are done, if the check happens when you press pay, but it isn't deducted from the stock till the payment goes through. Then theoretically people could get through because the payment may not be instant.

Course all of this speculation.

Payment doesn't go through until shipping unless using PayPal.

No, but they have to do an authorisation to make sure it's a valid payment method.

True.

Computer terms no, giant server bank terms yes.

They should be doing a final check before sending anything to the banks to authorise though - it should never hit them unless there is stock.

I'm pretty sure they just don't know how much stock they have and are just guessing with their allocation number

jeffers

They should be doing a final check before sending anything to the banks to authorise though - it should never hit them unless there is stock.

I'm pretty sure they just don't know how much stock they have and are just guessing with their allocation number

server bank as in an array of servers. When they have to talk to each other and keep running fast, issues can arise. Just one of many places these issues can happen, and I'm sure they arent gonna tighten it up for the sake of the tiny set of cases of high high demand super limited products :p

Mob

Careful with Zavvi. They fucked me over with Meta Knight and I ordered him day one.

Did they cancel it nice and quick at least or did they wait until day before release like Nintendo UK did with my Shulk, MK & KD?
As they are both Hut Group I'm guessing the latter.

Flintty

Did they cancel it nice and quick at least or did they wait until day before release like Nintendo UK did with my Shulk, MK & KD?
As they are both Hut Group I'm guessing the latter.

I first had an email a day or two before release saying there would be a delay because they were understocked. about a week later I got the cancellation email. I was also charged twice for Megaman and still waiting for that refund.

Mob

I first had an email a day or two before release saying there would be a delay because they were understocked. about a week later I got the cancellation email. I was also charged twice for Megaman and still waiting for that refund.

Wow that's worse than how they handled the Nintendo UK cancel. They straight up cancelled mine the day before release and I had the refund by the close of business next day.

It sucked but I wasn't hanging on for a week at least :(

Flintty

Wow that's worse than how they handled the Nintendo UK cancel. They straight up cancelled mine the day before release and I had the refund by the close of business next day.

It sucked but I wasn't hanging on for a week at least :(

Yeah, a rather disappointing experience, one of a few problems I had with them recently. I will avoid them wherever possible in the future.

t2s3I8y.jpg

Got a new cupboard for the Amiibo because I had nowhere to store them. Missing Villager, Shulk, Meta Knight, Rosalina and Dedede. If anyone can help that would be great :p (Yoshi and Bowser (classic collection) are on their way)

Top Bottom