• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

H1PSTER

Ahh what the hell!? My Lucina from ShopTo just got cancelled... despite the fact that I got the email this morning that it had been dispatched! What are they up to? That's so frustrating, I thought I was all safe but nope.

Well... at least I should have a spare Ness so would happily trade it for a Lucina if anyone is lucky enough to have a spare of her! :)

This makes me even more nervous.

This makes me even more nervous.

Yeah, doesn't seem like anything is safe now :/

I got this email at 9:41am today:
6dfc559dd5.png

Then this one at 5:41pm...
b3f2c3a023.png

It's like they packaged it up then changed their mind :mad:

Spades

6dfc559dd5.png

b3f2c3a023.png

If that was me, I would be going absolutely postal on their customer service team. At the very least, I'd expect them to compensate your account with credit to the value of an Amiibo for the massive inconvenience.

If that was me, I would be going absolutely postal on their customer service team. At the very least, I'd expect them to compensate your account with credit to the value of an Amiibo for the massive inconvenience.

Oh I will be don't worry, on my way home form work now so will be composing a lovely email for them after dinner! haha

Spades

Oh I will be don't worry, on my way home form work now so will be composing a lovely email for them after dinner! haha

FYI they do have an online live chat service during office hours. I'd follow up on there and not leave until you have a satisfactory outcome.

Koren

At least Wario and Charizard will be pretty common... The rest, not so much.
I'm not even sure... The couple of shops here that did received wave 4 characters sold all of them in a couple hours. Last time (3b), Sonic and Megaman weren't difficult to find, and you can still find them in some stores.

I expect Wario and Charizard to be restocked at least once, but common? Doubtful. I'm not even sure that "uncommon" would fit.

I only went to one store, but they had still some Pacman/Ness left, while I grabbed the last Robin/Lucina.
You're luckier with brick'n mortar shops than me. I've visited 14 today, either they still haven't received anything, or they sold the few they received in minutes. And most shops don't even order them, it seems.

Robin, Ness, Lucina and Charizard all cancelled by GameWare.
I'm surprised that only my Ness/Pac-Man order was cancelled at GameWare, although I don't have a shipping notice for the Robin/Lucina one either...

Semajer

Has anyone had Ness or Pac-Man sent from ShopTo yet? My Wario and Charizard have already shown up, and Robin and Lucina have been dispatched, but nothing on Ness or Pac-Man yet.

MKUltra

I'm not feeling confident about Robin, Ness and Lucina. They're the first three I've missed preorders on so far so will need to look in store which won't be until after work at around 18:00. I'm planning to check an Argos, Smyths and Toys R Us but GAME will be closed so I'll have to check on Saturday morning, this is definetly more stressful than it should be though.

My Wario has shipped from Nintendo UK. My Charizard has not. Worrisome...
I have the same two preordered from Nintendo UK as well but only have an email for Wario, but have been charged for both, quiet strange...

jeffers

I'm not feeling confident about Robin, Ness and Lucina. They're the first three I've missed preorders on so far so will need to look in store which won't be until after work at around 18:00. I'm planning to check an Argos, Smyths and Toys R Us but GAME will be closed so I'll have to check on Saturday morning, this is definetly more stressful than it should be though.

I have the same two preordered from Nintendo UK as well but only have an email for Wario, but have been charged for both, quiet strange...

charizard and pac-man from nintendoUK, neither shipped or anything.

edit: ok now pac-man has shipped but not char-char.

Koren

Apparently, my FNAC order is waiting for me, although Ness isn't in it.

I'm more surprised by the fact I got most of them than by the fact that they can't provide (again) one of the amiibos. Actually, 5 out of 6 is a nice surprise.

I hope there's no mistake and that I'll be able to find a Ness somewhere for a decent price...

You have got to be kidding me... ShopTo just did the same thing with my Ness that they did with my Lucina. Dispatched then cancelled. If they don't turn up i'm going to go full rage with their customer support.

6dfc559dd5.png

b3f2c3a023.png

Just received the exact same thing from them for my Ness order. I spoke to them about via the Live Chat and expressed how unhappy I was, especially as they had already taken payment and told me the item had shipped. All the guy said was that Ness, along with the others that came in stock, were put on the site by mistake and the shipping notice wasn't supposed to have been sent.

I think this whole wave is the straw that finally breaks the camels back for me. First I had my whole wave cancelled by the Nintendo UK store ( I always ordered two of each as I open one and keep one boxed ), they then said I could preorder them again but only to find that there was only Wario and Pac-Man to preorder and finally this whole thing with Shopto has happened.

I'll keep an eye out on Friday to see if there's any hope of getting them in store ( highly doubtful, especially as Argos didn't even get the last wave and GAME have a habit of breaking the street date! ) and if not then I think i'm officially out. I really can't be bothered with having to chase these things down anymore or having to sit and refresh pages throughout the day, just in case a website puts them up.

Nintendo has made this whole experience sour and it's a joke how badly this whole thing has been handled.

Spades

All the guy said was that Ness, along with the others that came in stock, were put on the site by mistake and the shipping notice wasn't supposed to have been sent.

So they gave you some sort of compensation, right? At the very least, you're entitled to £5 credit as described in their "Guarantee" on the product page:

We are so confident that you will receive amiibo Smash Ness for Friday 24th of April 2015 that if for ANY reason you do not we will compensate you with £5.00 to your account.

Personally, I'd want more than that, but you should at least chase what you're entitled to.

So they gave you some sort of compensation, right? At the very least, you're entitled to £5 credit as described in their "Guarantee" on the product page:

Personally, I'd want more than that, but you should at least chase what you're entitled to.

Ah thank you! I will be using this when I talk to them.

Spades

Ah thank you! I will be using this when I talk to them.

I got £5 out of them when my DeDeDe was a day late (it arrived on the Saturday, rather than the Friday), so I'm sure you won't have any problem getting it. They even write "ANY reason" in caps, so it's not like they have a leg to stand on. Just make sure when you speak to them that you don't take no for an answer!

Mumups

Nope. I asked for the guarantee and they said it's not covered because the guarantee only covers products that have already been sent through the post. :(

Spades

Nope. I asked for the guarantee and they said it's not covered because the guarantee only covers products that have already been sent through the post. :(

Fuck that noise - nowhere on their website does it say that. Here is the "fine print" about their so called guarantee if you click on the Help section:

As Hardcore gamers ourselves at ShopTo we know more than most just how important it is to receive games by the release date, so we are pleased to introduce a revolutionary and unheard of scheme which will earn you money if we fail to deliver!
For every pre order of a new release product you place with us, you will automatically qualify for a £5.00 store credit should we fail to deliver this product on time.
This offer is strictly for pre-orders of new releases which are made by 12pm two days before the official release date - this will usually be 12pm Wednesday. An item bought as “In Stock” does not qualify as a pre-order; it must be processed under our pre-order system.
By using 1st Class Recorded Delivery we’re able to see when our games are delivered, so if you can show us your game was delivered late then we’ll compensate you!

You're entitled to it. I'd get back in touch with them and don't let the fuckers win. Ask them to point you in the direction of where it clearly states that it only applies to items already posted. Because it doesn't. It clearly says that for ANY reason the pre-order is not delivered to you by the launch day, you get compensated.

H1PSTER

I get the feeling that despite me buying Lucina and Robin at the same time last month, Robin isn't going to come to me anytime soon.

Edit: Yep.

Edit 2:

And I can't find a link to their live chat... This is the last straw for me and ShopTo, they've screwed me over before and never again.

Fuck that noise - nowhere on their website does it say that. Here is the "fine print" about their so called guarantee if you click on the Help section:

You're entitled to it. I'd get back in touch with them and don't let the fuckers win. Ask them to point you in the direction of where it clearly states that it only applies to items already posted. Because it doesn't. It clearly says that for ANY reason the pre-order is not delivered to you by the launch day, you get compensated.

Cheers for all the help with getting the terms and everything, I've just complained to them about it so will see what comes back! I'll keep you updated :p

Looks like I will have doubles of wave 4. A bit ridiculous needing to order multiple times to assure success.

Keep an eye on the BST Amiibo thread as chances are I will offload a couple of the doubles there.

MicH

Elgiganten just shipped my Lucina, Robin and Ness! Yes!! Finally a wave with no last minute cancellations for me! (I'm looking at you, Amazon UK)

Looks like I will have doubles of wave 4. A bit ridiculous needing to order multiple times to assure success.

Keep an eye on the BST Amiibo thread as chances are I will offload a couple of the doubles there.

There's a BST thread just for amiibo? or do you mean the general BST one? I'll keep any eye out as I'm now in need of a Lucina :(

Also... screw ShopTo they didn't even reply to my complain they just closed the ticket!

Gagaman

After a bunch of back and forth of 'because it was done on paypal we can't let you change' and them almost cancelling the order without my permission, they finally cracked and said they will email me to change the payment method. Phew.

Also got emails from GAME confirming the dispatching of Ness and Pac man, wahey!

Welp nevermind they sent an email changing their minds again and have cancelled the order. Thanks for nothing Nintendo, I won't be using their webstore again. With any luck being a Mario character Wario might be less elusive..

Zafir

Welp nevermind they sent an email changing their minds again and have cancelled the order. Thanks for nothing Nintendo, I won't be using their webstore again. With any luck being a Mario character Wario might be less elusive..

I still haven't got word back from them. I'd phone now, but I've gotta go out and won't be back till later. Sigh.

Probably just have to accept I won't get Robin. :p

Bydobob

So I popped into Game today and was told they wouldn't be receiving a single amiibo for Wave 4 and 4b. Terrific.

I also contacted Smyths and they have a limited number of Wario and Charizard in their warehouse but won't be breaking any street dates. Looks like these will be the 'commons' of this wave but that term is becoming laughable.

blazeuk

Ness order cancelled by ShopTo as well, I guess it just shows that their dispatch notices are just made up. Ridiculous they rushed to take payment and send dispatch notices when they didn't even have any.

Nesther

So I just found Ness in a random shop in Zurich: has the street date been broken? The main amiibo website lists his release date in May.

Top Bottom