• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

JoeM86

Maybe they're shifting their shipments to the areas with the highest demand? Since EU wasn't that sweet on amiibo they might've allocated more to the US to make their situation slightly less dire. Just a guess.

Well my thought as to why the US gets our Wave 4 and Wave 5 at the same time in May, get half of our Wave 6 in July, a month later than us and get the rest of Wave 6 and Wave 7 in September, two months after us, was for them to build up enough stock for there.

All it has done, though, is convince the more hardcore amiibo fans to import from Europe or Japan to get them when we do.

jeffers

At first I thought it was Nintendo being surprised by demand, but this wave is the first that had production begin this year, so after knowledge of demand from December sales I would have thought they'd have adapted.

I have no explanation now

also we're still in the bubble. People buying to scalp, people getting multiple preorders and stuff. though these cancellations still seem severe.

TheMoon

also we're still in the bubble. People buying to scalp, people getting multiple preorders and stuff. though these cancellations still seem severe.

If amazon simply got more stock like around Wave1+2, we wouldn't have to preorder at 10 different places at the same time just to be safe^^

JonnyKong

When I cancelled my Ganondorf pre-order with shopto the other day after securing an order on the Nintendo site, in the box where they asked why, I put, "because your prices are f*****g disgusting for Amiibos"

Not very mature I know, but I felt like they needed to know :/

They're probably going to spit on all my future pre orders.

Hey all. I'm not to up to date on the amiibo situation in the UK. I've got about 7 amiibo without much trouble but had no luck finding Shulk. Is it looking unlikely I will be able to get a Ness when he releases without pre-ordering? Him and Shulk are the only other ones I really want.

MicH

Wow, what the hell

So I ordrered Ness, Lucina and Robin from Elgiganten (Scandinavian retailer) and they got sent yesterday. Today I receive a gigantic box containing... Lucina. With completely destroyed packaging. Where are the other two?! What the hell. Thank god I kept my Amazon order

taranatar

Nope, we both had separate orders to different addresses. Seems they are cancelling orders. He got a email saying they got short stock and were having issues fulfilling orders.

H1PSTER

I have the feeling that ShopTo are going to have Robin's on sale tomorrow..

... And one of them will be the one I ordered, that they cancelled and then obviously resold at a higher price.

Koren

The quality of these things are amazing now compared to what the first wave were!
The quality definitively has improved overall, but at the same time, I remember people checking dozen of Amiibos in store for small paint defects during wave 1. Now, we take what we can find.

My Robin has an average paint job, and my Lucina has a bent sword. Both defects I was able to avoid in the first wave.

And I think that Pac-man has really visible lines where pieces are glued together (both front and back, and arms)

Hey all. I'm not to up to date on the amiibo situation in the UK. I've got about 7 amiibo without much trouble but had no luck finding Shulk. Is it looking unlikely I will be able to get a Ness when he releases without pre-ordering? Him and Shulk are the only other ones I really want.
Shulk is probably getting a reprint in june (some shops have opened preorders for a reprint), so you should look for it.

Ness will be tricky. :/

Thoraxes

SOON

yes40um9.png

Just got my Wario and Charizard. Wario looks amazing! Charizard is great too, but like mentioned above you can see the seams and stuff.

Hoping that Pac-man and Ness will be waiting for me when I get home form work too!

Just need to find a Lucina now thanks to ShopTo screwing up :/ If anyone has one for sale that I could buy, I would be eternally grateful :)

MicH

Yes! My wave 4 pre-orders at Amazon UK have been dispatched! ALL OF THEM :D Including Ness, Lucina and Robin! Oh god yes, thank god! After them canceling my Little Mac and Shulk pre-orders I was very nervous about these. Can't wait to get them!

Linius

I'm done for this round of Amiibo's Got confirmation on Ness, Wario and Charizard. Don't care for Fire Emblem, lucky me I guess considering these are hard to come by. So yeah, on to the next wave.

I remember when they announced Amiibo's I was thinking about getting one or two. Now I have 11 of them and two more in may (Splatoon) and june (Yoshi). And I'm probably gonna get Greninja as well. Damn you Nintendo.

shiyrley

Banned
Welp. Living in Tenerife means less amiibo in stores, but also less people wanting amiibo. So, yeah:

(we only got one ness amiibo, it's the same one in both photos)

Only pac-man is for me though. The rest are for my brother.

Murkas

Charizard arrived yesterday, looks good.

Preordered pink Yoshi + Woolly world pack off Nintendo, looks like I missed the seperate preorders for the other 2 colour, Shopto and GAME give me nothing :/

Has Bowser Jr gone on preorder yet? Can't find him anywhere but not sure if it's because he hasn't gone up or I've missed him.

Zomba13

Still waiting on my wave 4 (I think? One with Lucina and Ness) from game. I got the pre-order of them in as soon as the pages went up for £10.99 which seems to be a steal now that the prices everywhere are £15-£20. Should arrive tomorrow as they shipped yesterday.

Still no luck finding Wave 5 (G-dorf wave) anywhere. Hurts so much I missed them on the nintendo store. I'm not paying £15 or £20 for them.

Linius

I kind of feel dirty for having payed 25 euros for Ness at a store. But I just had to grab it, buying one from scalpers would be more expensive in the end.

sphinx

the piano man
I kind of feel dirty for having payed 25 euros for Ness at a store. But I just had to grab it, buying one from scalpers would be more expensive in the end.

country? and how come it was that expensive in a store? I thought those prices appeared only online

Linius

country? and how come it was that expensive in a store? I thought those prices appeared only online

Oh by store I meant webshop. Coolblue, a very large webshop in The Netherlands. They initially had their amiibo's up for 20 euros. And then when they actually released them this afternoon they also upped the price to 25 euros. Kind of a dick move.

Koren

See just one or two pages ago, there's brick'n mortar shops that sell Amiibos for as much as 50€.

I'm a bit surprised that the shop where I've bought a couple Amiibos in the past haven't increased the price over 14.99€, since they sell a lot of rare products at higher prices (299€ for Zelda New 3DS XL for example).

(but even if they're expensive, that's still a nice shop, with Panasonic Cube, Vectrex, Virtual Boy and many other rare gaming devices on sale, and people are nice)

They received nothing yet from wave 4, though, even if other VG shops in this town apparently received a couple Amiibos on monday... even if I don't know whether I should trust them.

Got Wario and Charizard at the store.

Also got an E-Mail from Amazon.UK.....

"Unfortunately, there's been a change to the availability of the Nintendo Amiibo character you ordered in order ******* as Amazon.co.uk is receiving a very limited supply. Orders will be sent out on a "first come, first served" basis and we wanted to let you know that we won't be able to dispatch this to you at the moment. We don't expect to receive more stock until the end of June. We're sorry about this."

Darn it. Promotional credit will not make up for this Amazon!

Well, I got all six of them. But I was lucky, because I almost didn't get Ness and Pacman. I had them pre-ordered and they were put in a box. But the box was placed in the store (never happened before) Some random guys opened the box, took Ness and Pacman and went to the counter, but they were stopped of buying those. Had I come by five minutes later...

sphinx

the piano man
ok so in terms of continental Europe (is the situation the same like in UK?), which would be the rarest amiibos in the last wave?

I am going on saturday to a stores in Germany and check availability.

Top Bottom