• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Mob

Got this reply from ShopTo... hmm what to go back with...

image.png

Also... the Robin amiibo is really good, very detailed :p

Were they preorders or did you grab them during their brief availability earlier this week?

Zafir

Actual pre-orders from a couple of months back when they first went up :/
That's really weird. I ordered Lucina just the other day and it seemed to get dispatched with no message saying there's an issue.

Nintendo store got back to me about my Robin order and basically said nothing can be done and said it was my paypal account that was at fault. Bullshit considering I've bought other things this week using my account with no issue. Its obviously something with their system. I'll possibly try phoning If they're still open when I get home but might not be.

artuuur

Neo Member
So this just happened... No pre-order, no reservation. Just walked into a Toys r' US and they had 2 Ness, 2 Robin, 2 Lucina, 2 Pacman, 3 Charizard and a ton of Wario.

Bought one of each except for Ness (for trade) and Charizard (for a friend)

vzw0kRIl.jpg

*Sorry for the potato quality but this was taken in the parking lot

That's really weird. I ordered Lucina just the other day and it seemed to get dispatched with no message saying there's an issue.

Nintendo store got back to me about my Robin order and basically said nothing can be done and said it was my paypal account that was at fault. Bullshit considering I've bought other things this week using my account with no issue. Its obviously something with their system. I'll possibly try phoning If they're still open when I get home but might not be.

Really? If so then ShopTo have really messed up this time :(

All I can hope for now is that an amiibro/gal who got a spare will sell it to me like I did with my Shulks.

Hope you get your Robin sorted out!

Mob

Actual pre-orders from a couple of months back when they first went up :/

That is really awful, my nephew ordered Lucina from them on Monday and Ness yesterday, both have arrived this morning.

Shocking that they are fulfilling orders placed this week and cancelling original preorders!

I don't think it will help but let me know if you want me to PM you the order numbers.

That is really awful, my nephew ordered Lucina from them on Monday and Ness yesterday, both have arrived this morning.

Shocking that they are fulfilling orders placed this week and cancelling original preorders!

I don't think it will help but let me know if you want me to PM you the order numbers.

Oh wow... this has really put me off ShopTo now :/ Yeah could you please? It won't get me a Lucina but at least I can point out their mistakes to them. Thanks :)

H1PSTER

This is what's happened to me.

Chopper

So this just happened... No pre-order, no reservation. Just walked into a Toys r' US and they had 2 Ness, 2 Robin, 2 Lucina, 2 Pacman, 3 Charizard and a ton of Wario.

Bought one of each except for Ness (for trade) and Charizard (for a friend)

vzw0kRIl.jpg

*Sorry for the potato quality but this was taken in the parking lot
What country are you in?

Spades

Got this reply from ShopTo... hmm what to go back with...

image.png

Also... the Robin amiibo is really good, very detailed :p

It was THEIR error, so IMO they still need to make that up to you. I hate their whole attitude over this. They fucked up. They took your money. They told you your product had been dispatched, but somehow they're just able to cancel it all and leave you without? Fuck. That.

Edit: Sorry for the huge post! :/

It was THEIR error, so IMO they still need to make that up to you. I hate their whole attitude over this. They fucked up. They took your money. They told you your product had been dispatched, but somehow they're just able to cancel it all and leave you without? Fuck. That.

Yep... it's crazy - this is the whole chain so far:

I just give up... not getting anywhere with this :/

Spades

It's like he's completely ignoring what you are saying. I'm normally a defender of ShopTo - I've used them for years - but after seeing this, and with their recent price hike, I'm going to do everything I can to order my things elsewhere. Disgusting.

Yeah, my favorite of the bunch together with Ness.
Ah nice, I'm excited for my Ness to be delivered from Nintendo now :D

It's like he's completely ignoring what you are saying. I'm normally a defender of ShopTo - I've used them for years - but after seeing this, and with their recent price hike, I'm going to do everything I can to order my things elsewhere. Disgusting.
Yeah its absolutely disgusting. I'm tempted to phone them up.
If this was amazon they would have just given me one of my other orders for free and a month of Amazon Prime. I know they're not that big, but at least do something ffs. :/

I will be cancelling my next wave from them and just going with the Nintendo UK store.

Edit: Also don't trust ShopTo, zavvi and gameware.
Wise words here that I will now also be preaching.

H1PSTER

They've changed, used to be my absolute favourite store but over the past year or two they've just gone down hill in so many ways including their customer service.

I just hope I'll be able to get one Wool Yoshi, Olimar and Bowser Jr from somewhere else.

Cheers, I quoted the terms and conditions to them like was stated in that second tweet and this is what I got back...

Hi Sam,

Unfortunately we are unable to compensate thsi for you and we are very sorry to hear this.

Regards
Tris

"We are sorry to hear this" ...what... your'e sorry to hear that I have legal rights as per your own terms and conditions? Utterly ridiculous.

Zafir

Ah nice, I'm excited for my Ness to be delivered from Nintendo now :D

Yeah its absolutely disgusting. I'm tempted to phone them up.
If this was amazon they would have just given me one of my other orders for free and a month of Amazon Prime. I know they're not that big, but at least do something ffs. :/

I will be cancelling my next wave from them and just going with the Nintendo UK store.

Wise words here that I will now also be preaching.

It's worth noting Nintendo UK's Store are owned/ran by Zavvi, so they're hardly great either.

You don't really have much choice annoyingly. Amazon is probably the best, but they get put up randomly, and they ship internationally so good luck getting an order in.

It's worth noting Nintendo UK's Store are owned/ran by Zavvi, so they're hardly great either.

You don't really have much choice annoyingly. Amazon is probably the best, but they get put up randomly, and they ship internationally so good luck getting an order in.

That's true but so far I've not had any issues with them, in fact theyve given me complimentary vouchers to say sorry for the one cancellation I got (which I expected anyway).

But yeah you're right, nowhere is safe, just gotta order in multiple places and pray... :L

Mob

Edit: Sorry for the huge post! :/

Yep... it's crazy - this is the whole chain so far:

Absolutely disgusting, I hoped they would at least honour the preorder guarantee that they offer after you showed them the order number I gave you.

This, together with the price hike on amiibo has put me off ordering from them again!

Cheers, I quoted the terms and conditions to them like was stated in that second tweet and this is what I got back...

"We are sorry to hear this" ...what... your'e sorry to hear that I have legal rights as per your own terms and conditions? Utterly ridiculous.
Wtf lmao
"We're sorry to hear that we have ignored consumer rights... Unfortunately we are unable to do anything about this, goodbye"
You should maybe try calling them and ask to speak to a supervisor or something.

Zafir

Well, phoned up Nintendo Store and they said they couldn't do anything and I've got to wait to see if they put them back up for sale.

Sigh.

Well, at least Lucina arrived from Shopto. That was the one I most wanted.

Semajer

Got my order for the Yarn Yoshi triple pack on the Nintendo UK Store, but it's a bit more expensive than my separate ShopTo orders.

Zafir

I'm entirely unsurprised Shopto messed up the pre-orders, Makes me feel kinda bad I got a Lucina out of the mess up. They've been going down hill for a long time. I remember back when the PS4 pre-orders were happening they messed around a lot. Charging dearer prices on some of the bundles, but due to the console being sold out you didn't have much choice but to accept it. Offering the Mega Pack to people who had pre-ordered later, and some of the people who pre-ordered early got diddly squat.

Wait are they up now then, or did I just miss this? I'd like to order there and cancel my ShopTo ones now!

I can't see them.

Edit: Oh just got an email

Triple pack and game - http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-w...=2015April25-YoshisWoollyWorld&affil=thgemail

I'm entirely unsurprised Shopto messed up the pre-orders, Makes me feel kinda bad I got a Lucina out of the mess up. They've been going down hill for a long time. I remember back when the PS4 pre-orders were happening they messed around a lot. Charging dearer prices on some of the bundles, but due to the console being sold out you didn't have much choice but to accept it. Offering the Mega Pack to people who had pre-ordered later, and some of the people who pre-ordered early got diddly squat.

I can't see them.

Edit: Oh just got an email

Triple pack and game - http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-w...=2015April25-YoshisWoollyWorld&affil=thgemail

Thank you :D Just ordered, now I can cancel them from ShopTo (in a few days in case this one gets cancelled :L)

JoeM86

Dunno whether or not to cancel my ShopTo preorder, after seeing how much they've dicked people about with this wave of amiibo

JoeM86

just wait it out, got a long time until they are due after all

ShopTo are less expensive, but Nintendo UK haven't dropped the ball on me yet. ShopTo have had issues for me over the last year. Games coming later than usual, my original amiibo not shipping until after launch day etc.

I just don't know who to trust anymore. amiibo have ruined my faith in video game retailers haha

RiggyRob

I'm convinced amiibo make people lose their minds - what's the point in offering a green Yarn Yoshi + game bundle for £53.99, and then the actual bundle for £49.99?

Preordered until Amazon's stock shows up, hopefully there'll be much better deals by then.

ardentfrosty

Neo Member
Absolutely astonishing from shopto, a complete clusterfuck and they are doing nothing for customers over a situation which is entirely their own making. Not a smart thing to do.

Definitely won't be cancelling pre-orders with anyone for the May/June amiibos, if nothing gets cancelled and I end up with dups I'll trade on here.

Will be giving shopto a wide berth from now on esp. after the price hike.

Zafir

I'm convinced amiibo make people lose their minds - what's the point in offering a green Yarn Yoshi + game bundle for £53.99, and then the actual bundle for £49.99?

Preordered until Amazon's stock shows up, hopefully there'll be much better deals by then.

Yeah I saw that, I don't get why it's listed twice lol.

ShopTo have been good with me with this wave, despite their disgusting price increases since (I ordered this wave before the £15/20 price points). And also a problem I had with my Toon Link order, when they said he was dispatched but never came.

Got Pac-Man, Lucina and Ness from them, and they look great, and it was nice coming home to them 2 days before release which is why I used to preorder games a lot from them in the past.

Wario should get here from GAME tomorrow, and I have Robin preordered from Amazon but no dispatch notice yet, so probably won't be getting him~~

Not got Charizard but may pick him up if he's common and easy to find.

RiggyRob

Hah, I'm gonna cancel my Yoshi's Woolly World bundle Nintendo UK Store order and switch back to Zavvi. The Nintendo order is £49.99, the Zavvi order is £44.99, and you can apply the SORRY10 code to get 10% off and bring it down to £40.49.

Edit:
Wait, Nintendo is listing the LE pack + an additional green Yoshi amiibo.

Not only that it's cheaper than the standalone game + a green Yoshi amiibo.

That's bonkers.

Wait, there's TWO Yarn Yoshi's in that order? Goddayumn.

Welp. Housemate had order cancelled for lucina from the Nintendo UK store. And I cancelled my £11 lucina a day or two beforehand from GAME because we decided there was no point in us buying duplicates of amiibos.

Son of a *expletive*.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wait, Nintendo is listing the LE pack + an additional green Yoshi amiibo.

Not only that it's cheaper than the standalone game + a green Yoshi amiibo.

That's bonkers.

Toki767

Is that really €50 for an amiibo?

Honestly, what is wrong with Nintendo? (I know they didn't set that price but) why are they constraining supplies so much? This isn't an issue with Disney Infinity, is it?

Honestly think it has more to do with that particular retailer trying to take advantage of people who aren't willing to wait for stock to come in to other stores and just wants it now.

JoeM86

Is that really €50 for an amiibo?

Honestly, what is wrong with Nintendo? (I know they didn't set that price but) why are they constraining supplies so much? This isn't an issue with Disney Infinity, is it?

At first I thought it was Nintendo being surprised by demand, but this wave is the first that had production begin this year, so after knowledge of demand from December sales I would have thought they'd have adapted.

I have no explanation now

TheMoon

At first I thought it was Nintendo being surprised by demand, but this wave is the first that had production begin this year, so after knowledge of demand from December sales I would have thought they'd have adapted.

I have no explanation now

Maybe they're shifting their shipments to the areas with the highest demand? Since EU wasn't that sweet on amiibo they might've allocated more to the US to make their situation slightly less dire. Just a guess.

Top Bottom