• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Koren

They say: In case you already paid, you will receive store credit and alternatively can ask for the money to be refunded.
I see... Many thanks!

I hope I'll be more happy with my other preorder.

You'd think Nintendo would have received the memo, now... and started producing more.

TheMoon

Gameware.at just shipped my Wave 4 preorder! Nice! (order placed on Feb 23)

edit: :O just checked the order details, apparently Lucina was sold out and not in the shipment. Gotta go retail hunting for her then. Oh boy...

Which ones are out this Friday?

I know Charizard and Wario are. I pre-ordered those yonks ago. I really wanted a Ness but i've not been able to get one. Always too late : (

I just had Amiibos shipped to me from GAME .... And I don't know what I ordered.
Edit: just saw Shopto upping the price even more. They can suck a fat hairy cock.

Has anyone have there order being payed twice?

As in there is the total payment for the order, then for each item it says the price of it as a seperate payment?

as in like this?:
tfcRyYU.png

Mumups

So, ShopTo dispatched the Lucina, PacMan and Ness I ordered yesterday but have cancelled the Robin saying they've been sold out for over a month and if there are any cancellations they'll send one.

How long do I wait to claim the £5 preorder guarantee? Should I just wait till the official release date or what?

JoeM86

Word is that ShopTo are saying that the increase in price is for "special packaging" so the amiibo don't get damaged in transit

Not even official release in germany and the locations I checked are almost sold out already. Charmander and Wario are the most common. Then it is Robin and Lucina withe Ness and Pac-Man being the hardest to find. I Only spotted 1 Pac-Man and 2 Ness in total.
A full album with some in box closeups that i made is here

Haha so true. I fear for the coming waves :( Amiibo seems to be getting even more rare rather than more common. So bizarre

At least Wario and Charizard will be pretty common... The rest, not so much.

Not even official release in germany and the locations I checked are almost sold out already. Charmander and Wario are the most common. Then it is Robin and Lucina withe Ness and Pac-Man being the hardest to find. I Only spotted 1 Pac-Man and 2 Ness in total.

A full album with some in box closeups that i made is here

I only went to one store, but they had still some Pacman/Ness left, while I grabbed the last Robin/Lucina.

Spades

Word is that ShopTo are saying that the increase in price is for "special packaging" so the amiibo don't get damaged in transit

It sort of makes sense, I mean they are shipping multiple boxes separately to the same address. Still sucks, though.

Flintty

Hopefully I'll have a chance of getting Pacman from the high street on release day (UK).

Still gutted I never got a Meta Knight, I don't think I could handle more disappointment.

Flintty

I just realised my Ike has a silver sword but the internets say it should be gold. Have I been done by the Nintendo store?

Flintty

That is flipping crazy. I doubt my Ike is worth much, the paint job looks shit.

Just had my Luciana order cancelled by Shopto. Was bound to happen. On the plus side, Wario is being processed by Game!

Spades

To the point that they're almost double RRP? I think not

I'm not justifying it, but I bet it has cost ShopTo (another others) a lot more money than they thought to post these out to people. They're likely trying to recover some of that expenditure rather than simply increase the cost to cover any future shipping costs.

FoxOfShadows

Neo Member
Robin, Ness, Lucina and Charizard all cancelled by GameWare.
I won't be able to even look for amiibos till 4 on Friday. So the future does not look bright :(

EmiPrime

I'm not justifying it, but I bet it has cost ShopTo (another others) a lot more money than they thought to post these out to people. They're likely trying to recover some of that expenditure rather than simply increase the cost to cover any future shipping costs.

Yeah there is no way £10.50 per Amiibo with free postage in individual boxes was sustainable. £15 stings a bit but you can usually count on them with pre-orders.

Charizard cancelled by shop to :( apparently I shouldn't have been able to order it because they sold out a month ago, they better not cancel my inklings or I'll be down their offices with a big fuck off paint gun

Gagaman

Call them; I'm sure you'll be able to just give alternative card details.

After a bunch of back and forth of 'because it was done on paypal we can't let you change' and them almost cancelling the order without my permission, they finally cracked and said they will email me to change the payment method. Phew.

Also got emails from GAME confirming the dispatching of Ness and Pac man, wahey!

MicH

So toda was a big day for me. Not because I got wave 4 (because I didn't) but because I FINALLY decided to unbox my amiibo. So here they are :D I am super happy with them (and holy shit Dedede is soooo heavy, LOVE IT :D)

Zafir

After a bunch of back and forth of 'because it was done on paypal we can't let you change' and them almost cancelling the order without my permission, they finally cracked and said they will email me to change the payment method. Phew.

Also got emails from GAME confirming the dispatching of Ness and Pac man, wahey!

Must have been what happened to mine as well I guess. I contacted them through their site since I didn't even realise they had a phone number, but no response.

It's really fucking stupid they let you use paypal for pre-orders, considering it seems to cause so many god damn issues. They really need to sort it out.

TheMoon

Thanks for the tips guys. I wouldn't have gone retail hunting until Friday. Just went on a 3 hour trip to the city and found the last Lucina in town. The rest was all Charizard and Wario. None of the others. I asked at one store and they said they had only gotten 2-3 of each of the rare ones that were gone already and they were all reserved preorders. Brutal. At least I got all of them covered now between gamerware with Ness, Robin, Wario and the Lucina I found in-store today. Phew. See ya in two months I guess. Ugh (I have a bad feeling about Wave 5...)

H1PSTER

I'm worried that ShopTo won't send me Robin...

I've paid for it, I called them and they told me the payment failed but it says it's paid for on the site.

Not impressed, I've been sent the others though.

Spades

Yeah, though £20 is way out of line, and that's where they are now

Yeah, that's a shitty price, I agree.

I personally would like to see retailers like ShopTo and GAME give pre-order priority and slightly reduced cost per Amiibo for anyone who has ordered 10+ Amiibo with that retailer in the past.

It would mean I'd keep all of my pre-orders with one retailer rather than switching around to whoever puts them up first.

Ahh what the hell!? My Lucina from ShopTo just got cancelled... despite the fact that I got the email this morning that it had been dispatched! What are they up to? That's so frustrating, I thought I was all safe but nope.

Well... at least I should have a spare Ness so would happily trade it for a Lucina if anyone is lucky enough to have a spare of her! :)

Top Bottom