• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Gagaman

"Thank you for shopping with Nintendo.

One or more of your items is now ready to dispatch, however there has been a problem processing the payment for your order.

Unfortunately we are not able to resolve this and you will need to cancel your order and place a new order using an alternative payment method."

UMM????????

It begins.

Zafir

One or more of your items is now ready to dispatch, however there has been a problem processing the payment for your order.

Unfortunately we are not able to resolve this and you will need to cancel your order and place a new order using an alternative payment method."

UMM????????

It begins.

Yeah, got the same email. Not happy.

JonnyKong

I actually can't wait for all the Smash Amiibos to be released, just so I can stop spending so much money on these things! I've just looked at my bank balance and thought the usual "ah crap", and then I remembered I have four new Amiibos to pay for soon so now it's a bigger AH CRAP.

Spades

UMM????????

It begins.

Call them; I'm sure you'll be able to just give alternative card details.

Maybe late, but here is my anecdotal evidence:

I was in cologne on sunday and yesterday, sleeping on the couch of an old friend who lives there, because is visited the Symphony of the Goddesses-concert in Düsseldorf (no, my 3DS was not banned).
We went to Mediamarkt in the Köln Arkaden (small/medium shopping center) on monday and the Daraen/Robin, Lucina, Ness, Pac-Man, Wario and Charizard/Glurak Amiibos were already on sale there.

...Lucky me, i got the last units of Daraen/Robin and Lucina.
Charizard/Glurak had tons on display, Wario and Pac-Man had some units left too, Ness only 2 or 3 units.

So (at least) german Gaffers should check Mediamarkt/Saturn/Gamestop.

Yeah I'm sure they are fine, just found their system very very odd

Yeah, their website as a whole is horrendous. They were a tiny site that very quickly grew in popularity so I don;t think they've been able to update it really :/

But yeah I trust them and haven't had any issues before!

Anyway, back on topic - I'm hoping that my ShopTo lot (Charizard, Wario, Lucina & Robin) arrive today - I still need to check on Ness and Pac-man from Nintendo UK though.

Thoraxes

Anyone get wave 4 shipping e-mails from amazon UK yet?

I know amazon FR was almost a whole week early with shipping when I ordered Lucario from them.

H1PSTER

just checked, they are taking last minute wave 4 orders

Wow! Confirmed!

ragaxs2.png

Flintty

I still can't log in to shopto. I give up!

Edit: I just found out why. I didn't enter card details when I registered so it was never completed but I could still get password reset emails. I had to register with a different email address.

blazeuk

So happy I finally managed to order Ness, slightly more than I have been paying for amiibo's but I thought all hope was lost so I'm ok with that.

Maybe late, but here is my anecdotal evidence:

I was in cologne on sunday and yesterday, sleeping on the couch of an old friend who lives there, because is visited the Symphony of the Goddesses-concert in Düsseldorf (no, my 3DS was not banned).
We went to Mediamarkt in the Köln Arkaden (small/medium shopping center) on monday and the Daraen/Robin, Lucina, Ness, Pac-Man, Wario and Charizard/Glurak Amiibos were already on sale there.

...Lucky me, i got the last units of Daraen/Robin and Lucina.
Charizard/Glurak had tons on display, Wario and Pac-Man had some units left too, Ness only 2 or 3 units.

So (at least) german Gaffers should check Mediamarkt/Saturn/Gamestop.

Yeah, they are on sale pretty much everywhere here. It's cool to get the stuff early, but it also increases the hunting stress, lol.

RiggyRob

No problem :)

And wow... that's just silly. Glad I got my wave 4 orders in earlier then!

Lol, just saw this. Such madness. Who is going to pay £20, really...

It would be cheaper to import.

you are right, when i looked early they were £15 each, poor show, to be dearer than GAME :/

At this point, unless you have a preorder with Nintendo UK or Amazon, I'd say it's just not worth it trying to get them from a UK retailer.

Since I've preordered Pac-Man from Amazon UK, I think I'm going to cool off trying to preorder and hope that we have an Ike situation where I can just order it from the Nintendo UK store a month or two after release with no fuss.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
lol £20 for an Amiibo.

You can buy a nendoroad (minus shippping) for less than that and their quality is vastly superior.

de_reddy

Neo Member
gameware.at cancelling wave 4 preorders

Sehr geehrter Kunde!

Leider mussten wir Ihre Bestellung xxxxxx stornieren.

Unser vom Hersteller zugesagtes Kontingent ist bedauerlicherweise um 50% gekürzt worden. Wir mussten die zuletzt eingegangenen Bestellungen stornieren, dazu gehört leider auch Ihre:

Nintendo Lucina amiibo
FANARTIKEL

Nintendo Robin amiibo
FANARTIKEL

Nintendo Ness amiibo
FANARTIKEL

Nintendo Wario amiibo
FANARTIKEL

Wir bitten um Ihr Verständnis und möchten uns für etwaige Unannehmlichkeiten entschuldigen.

Sollten Sie bereits bezahlt haben, werden wir in Kürze eine Gutschrift ausstellen.

Diese können Sie für neue Bestellungen bei uns verwenden oder aber einfach rücküberweisen lassen.

Ihr Gameware-Team

Iceberg

gameware.at has just cancelled my Ness preorder (Feb. 23rd) and at the same time they have made a preauth on my credit card.

I'm not sure if they have really charged me and now I have credit with them or the preauth will expire by itself.

If they have charged me for a preorder they can't fulfill, they are going to get a nice and instantaneous chargeback from my part.

-----------------------------------------
Sehr geehrter Kunde!

Leider mussten wir Ihre Bestellung XXXXXXXXX stornieren.

Unser vom Hersteller zugesagtes Kontingent ist bedauerlicherweise um 50% gekürzt worden. Wir mussten die zuletzt eingegangenen Bestellungen stornieren, dazu gehört leider auch Ihre:

Nintendo Ness amiibo
FANARTIKEL

Wir bitten um Ihr Verständnis und möchten uns für etwaige Unannehmlichkeiten entschuldigen.

Sollten Sie bereits bezahlt haben, werden wir in Kürze eine Gutschrift ausstellen.

Diese können Sie für neue Bestellungen bei uns verwenden oder aber einfach rücküberweisen lassen.

Ihr Gameware-Team
--------------------------------------

Dear customer!

Unfortunately we had to cancel your order XXXXXXXX.

Our Promised by the manufacturer quota has been sadly reduced by 50%. We had to cancel the last incoming orders, unfortunately this includes your:

Nintendo Ness amiibo
Merchandising

We ask for your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience.

If you have already paid, we will issue a credit in the near future.

You can use this with us, or let simply to remit for new orders.

Your GameWare team

--------------------------------------

guys any good places to buy these in the uk aside from ebay and the nintendo store?
also if i buy the mario 10 pack from nintendo.co.uk do those amiibos come packed in orginal boxes or are they just packed in some random way?

i wants toad luigi mario and bowswer pack :D

guys any good places to buy these in the uk aside from ebay and the nintendo store?
also if i buy the mario 10 pack from nintendo.co.uk do those amiibos come packed in orginal boxes or are they just packed in some random way?

i wants toad luigi mario and bowswer pack :D

I think Spades could confirm, but I'm pretty sure he said the Mario Party 10 pack came with Mario in a normal amiibo box, just packed inside a larger card box with the game.

Spades

I think Spades could confirm, but I'm pretty sure he said the Mario Party 10 pack came with Mario in a normal amiibo box, just packed inside a larger card box with the game.

Correct, it's just a regular Amiibo and a regular copy of the game in a big box. If you look back a few pages, I posted a photo of mine unboxed.

Correct, it's just a regular Amiibo and a regular copy of the game in a big box. If you look back a few pages, I posted a photo of mine unboxed.

I'd imagine Woolly World will be the same - a plush Yoshi in standard packaging, with the game, all in one large box.

It makes sense from a manufacturing/stock perspective - no need to produce unique packaging for the special edition, as all you do is box two existing products (with production lines set up for them already) in a simple cardboard container, and you can always unbox and sell the items seperately if need be, both still in their standard shelf packaging.

Koren

gameware.at cancelling wave 4 preorders
Same here... although currently only my Ness/Pac-man order has been cancelled, not yet the Robin/Lucina.

Warned you guys about gameware.at
Not only are their prices crap, but they also keep preorders open for ages.
Since I was missing all other preorders, it was something that could be tried, at least. I've visited a dozen shops today, and It's more and more obvious I won't be able to find Amiibos in stores anymore.

But my german is rusty... Did they charge us for preorders and offer us store credit instead of charging back?

Same here... although currently only my Ness/Pac-man order has been cancelled, not yet the Robin/Lucina.

Since I was missing all other preorders, it was something that could be tried, at least. I've visited a dozen shops today, and It's more and more obvious I won't be able to find Amiibos in stores anymore.

But my german is rusty... Did they charge us for preorders and offer us store credit instead of charging back?

They say: In case you already paid, you will receive store credit and alternatively can ask for the money to be refunded.

£20 for amiibos, even the common ones. Ha, jog on mate. Thank God most of the ones I wanted are already preordered and after this wave there's no one else in the Smash line I really want.

Yeah, they are on sale pretty much everywhere here. It's cool to get the stuff early, but it also increases the hunting stress, lol.
Yeah, after missed out on Shulk and Rosalina, the stress turned already high enough, now with street day breaking everywhere ... fun times rejoice!

Btw.: I had to pay 20 € for each of the wave 4 Amiibos in the cologne Media Markt. They had one Little Mac on display too, for whooping 59 €. So even in retail, prepare your wallets for financial abuse!

Yeah, after missed out on Shulk and Rosalina, the stress turned already high enough, now with street day breaking everywhere ... fun times rejoice!

Btw.: I had to pay 20 € for each of the wave 4 Amiibos in the cologne Media Markt. They had one Little Mac on display too, for whooping 59 €. So even in retail, prepare your wallets for financial abuse!

WTF that is dirty from a big retail chain.

MicH

The biggest online games retailer in Denmark, Coolshop, also upped the prices for Amiibo to a ridiculous amount. Ugh. Good thing I was able to preorder them elsewhere

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Annoyingly the two I want are ROB and Game & Watch. By the time they come out shop will be charging crazy prices for them.

Top Bottom