• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Zafir

ok so in terms of continental Europe (is the situation the same like in UK?), which would be the rarest amiibos in the last wave?

I am going on saturday to a stores in Germany and check availability.

Ness > Robin > Lucina >>>>>>>>>> Pac-man >>>>>>>> Charizard >>>>>>> Wario

From what I've seen.

Ness > Robin > Lucina >>>>>>>>>> Pac-man >>>>>>>> Charizard >>>>>>> Wario

From what I've seen.

Personally Pac-Man does not seem far away from the others in terms of rarity. In fact I would all position them very close. (Besides the last two of course)

Flintty

Charizard went up on Amazon uk for £12 but by the time I clicked add to basket it was gone. It looks like they were all bought up by Pandagames and resisted for £30. Cunts.

I honestly feel like I'm at the stage where I wanna just sell my collection and give up.

sphinx

the piano man
Charizard went up on Amazon uk for £12 but by the time I clicked add to basket it was gone. It looks like they were all bought up by Pandagames and resisted for £30. Cunts.

I honestly feel like I'm at the stage where I wanna just sell my collection and give up.

Charizard is regular price in Amazon.de even if by third party sellers, you may want to look for it online in continental europe, may do the trick

Lol this will be funny next week.

Got a mail that my wave 4 pre-orders won't arrive this week but next week. Most likely there won't be anyone able to accept the delivery next week, so I ask if I can change the delivery address to my neighbors....

"Sorry it's too late to change the address. But thats not a problem, if you can't accept the delivery and it comes back to us, you just get a refund and you can order again..."

Yeah..... of course .... great idea .... I can't see what could go wrong if I just order wave 4 again...

Let's hope the DHL-guy is smart enough to deliver the package to my neighbors as they do in most cases I'm not at home.

Zafir

Ah sorry, I already grabbed the ones I wanted from Gamestop earlier so didn't try and buy. I just still happened to have the tweet feed up so figured I'd post. :p

actually I've looked into it further and they probably do have stock, but argos stupidly only deliver to you if they have stock in your local warehouse. that's why they still even now say they have stock of all of this wave

so people who live in rural/non-built up areas might have more luck with them

actually I've looked into it further and they probably do have stock, but argos stupidly only deliver to you if they have stock in your local warehouse. that's why they still even now say they have stock of all of this wave

so people who live in rural/non-built up areas might have more luck with them

Yeah I noticed that too, I live in a rural area, but no luck here, even tried getting it delivered to work in London but nope :( Guess I'll wait for the 4am tesco direct alerts to start then, that's how I got lucky with shulk and meta knight :p

I've managed to place a reservation for Pac-Man at my local Toys R Us. If this comes through then i'm halfway through this wave. Of course the final 3 ( Ness, Lucina and Robin ) are going to be a nightmare to find. :(

JonnyKong

Ah, I remember when the first wave came out back in the day and nobody thinked to try Argos. I managed to stroll in there and grab them all with ease.

How times have changed :(

MicH

Just heard back from Elgiganten. They don't have Ness or Robin for me. Okay... So why didn't you let me know before? They just sent my Lucina and didn't even cancel the other two. I wonder if they would've just let it slide had I not contacted them. How unprofessional

Hm, i still have Lucina and Robin/Daraen pre-ordered from the Saturn online-shop. If Saturn fulfills the orders, i will offer them for trade in the Amiibo trade thread.

Reading some of the shitty practices and situations here, i'm not mad at all anymore that i had to pay 5 € per unit more for my Lucina and Daraen ... some retailers are downright robbing some buyers FFS!
I hope Nintendo ups the production for the next waves, to take out scalpers and such a*sholes... Good luck to those who still wait and hope.

Going to check the local Media Markt this evening before watching Age of Ultron, will report back if they have some of the rare ones (Ness/Pac-Man/Lucina/Robin).

Hm, i still have Lucina and Robin/Daraen pre-ordered from the Saturn online-shop. If Saturn fulfills the orders, i will offer them for trade in the Amiibo trade thread.

Reading some of the shitty practices and situations here, i'm not mad at all anymore that i had to pay 5 € per unit more for my Lucina and Daraen ... some retailers are downright robbing some buyers FFS!
I hope Nintendo ups the production for the next waves, to take out scalpers and such a*sholes... Good luck to those who still wait and hope.

Going to check the local Media Markt this evening before watching Age of Ultron, will report back if they have some of the rare ones (Ness/Pac-Man/Lucina/Robin).

Yeah the prices are just getting ridiculous even in stores now :/ Oooh I'm after a Lucina, so I'll keep any eye on the other thread :)

MouldyK

Smyths only had 2 new Amiibos, but I think I overheard him talking to his friend on the phone saying he had to give ones to someone in front of me as she pre-ordered them...he told me they might have them Tuesday or Wednesday...i think he lies!

Only got Charizard and Wario...like the crap ones of this set.

The hunt continues...after job interview.

Mob

My local Smyths had 6 of each character in, by 9:10 there were 6 Wario & 3 Charizard left on the shelf, everything else had gone.

And they imposed a 1 character per person limit.

MouldyK

My thoughts every time an Amiibo collection comes:

LetItGo.jpg

Bazry

Still only received Wario, Charizard and Pac-Man from shopto despite having dispatch emails for all 6 and no cancellation ones. If they don't turn up today I doubt i'll be seeing any of the other 3 :(

Wooo hooo, just managed to reserve a charizard, was proper gutted (was the one my little boy wanted most) when shopto cancelled my order for him the other day but just reserved at my local argos to pick up tomorrow and 4 quid cheaper than shopto were gonna charge me, also reserved a wario too, oh dear think I'm starting to get addicted

Koren

still no trace for new Shulks in EU, right?
Depends on what you call "trace". Some shops opened preorders (that lasted 5 minutes)... the release date is june, so if you're talking about seeing them in stores, it's far too early.

If you're talking about preorders, you should start looking, but I expect them to pop-up randomly.

Only got Charizard and Wario...like the crap ones of this set.
The less "unicorn-rare" ones, yes, but I'd say that Wario may be the best of the wave quality-wise (Ness is nice but simple, Pac-man is nice but lack smoothness, Lucina and Robin are great but apparently suffers from quality issues, I've a bent sword on Lucina and average paint job on Robin)

The hunt continues...after job interview.
I wish you plently of success for the job interview. Especially since you'll need it to buy Amiibos :/

Anyone going hunting today? From the online reports this is the worst wave by far yet.
Definitively the worst one, yes.

Wow fuck this. Wave 4 and still the same crap.
No, it's getting worse and worse. Online preordering is harder, there's many preorders cancelling (including Amazon, which is a letdown), half of the shops around here don't even stock them anymore, those who do either got two and sell them in minutes, or still haven't heard from Nintendo and received nothing. I've yet to see a SINGLE Amiibo in a shop, even a Wario.

I don't understand why it's so awful. I can understand them being conservative on the production runs to avoid building stock, but that's far from that.

nothing like that moment a amiibo arrives in the post with some damage to its box, or even worse the plastic is coming off the cardboard backing already

So do a lot of physical stores break street dates? I could swear the official release for this wave was the 24(aka today) and i was there when MediaMarkt opened, only to find scraps remaining in the amiibo section. Ness, Pac-Man etc. all gone, only a few lone Charizard and Warios remained.

So do a lot of physical stores break street dates? I could swear the official release for this wave was the 24(aka today) and i was there when MediaMarkt opened, only to find scraps remaining in the amiibo section. Ness, Pac-Man etc. all gone, only a few lone Charizard and Warios remained.

This wave is a perfect storm of most stores ignoring street dates, extremely low shipments and increasing popularity of amiibo in Europe. Result = Almost impossible to find anything in retail.

This wave is a perfect storm of most stores ignoring street dates, extremely low shipments and increasing popularity of amiibo in Europe. Result = Almost impossible to find anything in retail.

eh fuck it then... from now on i'll just check online sites and hope to get lucky... If things do continue this way i will probably give up as well and sell my collection.

Flintty

Extremely frustrating. Time to throw my toys out of the pram and drop this Amiibo collecting. Hopefully I'll make my money back selling my collection and I'll cheer myself up with a new Hot Toy.

Saw this on reddit. So the Splatoon 3-pack is coming to Europe after all? I'm confused.

Strange... looks like Amazon is just doing what they want. I wouldn't bet on it ever actually coming into stock, but would be cool if it did :p

Edit: Just got a tracking email for my Pac-Man and Ness from Nintendo UK Store - It's been received by the courtier for delivery today :D

Ness and Charizard arrived today ^_^

Still fucking PISSED that my Lucina got cancelled, thanks a lot ShopTo. (been preordered since January, get to release week and they say they dun goofed on order quantities, thanks for nothing)

That brings me to
Pikachu
Samus
Kirby
Toon Link
Fox
Villager
Pit
Lucario
Charizard
Ness

Just need Mario, DK, Little Mac, Falcon and someone from Fire Emblem and then I can put this addiction to rest
Until Lucas and Mewtwo are available

Top Bottom