• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just come back from holiday to find that yodel have delivered my splatoon set and put it in a secure place on the 28th. The secure place was at the side of my shed in my garden next to a path. The parcel is not there now.
Fuming. There customer services are shut until Monday. Should I contact Nintendo or Yodel?

Both. Yodel are absolute dogshit and will dick you around unless you get the supplier involved.

Sent a message to Nintendo, not sent one to yodel yet. My greninja and jigglypuff amiibos delivered by hermes got left with a neighbour, apart from dodgy packaging, they are OK. Sent a screengrab of yodel saying the secure location was behind my shed.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Awesome. Tho I doubt Robo's coming to Smash then, the base doesn't match and it'd be a first.
This pretty much guarantees both the game and amiibo are coming to the west. Also it's a Nintendo 2D platformer, no chance in hell it doesn't get localized.
in b4 Starfi

A3w6vlu.png

Dash Kappei

I had a parcel go missing that i ordered from Nintendo UK and they fucked me around for weeks.

I actually had to print a form and sign it to make a legally binding document in case i was trying to commit fraud and get more than 1 copy of something out of them.

that's The Hut group for you, that's their usual shenanigan they do to try to dissuade people from both false (for non registered international parcels) and true (registered by courier so 100% verifiable) claims... freakin' N UK chose wisely (not)

Dash Kappei

Got everything I wanted from this wave. Also ordered a Silver Mario from Amazon in the States. Will probably get here some time in june.

Chibi Robo looks cute.

Got the squid from Splat LE or else? Had to get it from there myself, only way here.

that's The Hut group for you, that's their usual shenanigan they do to try to dissuade people from both false (for non registered international parcels) and true (registered by courier so 100% verifiable) claims... freakin' N UK chose wisely (not)

The Nintendo customer support is so useless i'm not even going to bother contacting them.

It just pisses me off i've got 20 all lovely in a box and one that i'll have no choice but to open. Luckily it's not a rare so not a huge deal.

I've got my Olimar, Dr Mario and Bowser Jr pre-ordered with the Nintendo UK store. I really hope they don't stuff them all in the same box and then use it for football practice.

Koren

My first damaged Amiibo box T_T

The silliest thing is that it's the Inkling boy, and I've seen a couple of them in stores last friday, but my order had already shipped so I ignored them.

I hope I'll be more lucky in the following Amazon orders, especially with the Smash ones.

Maybe there'll be more in stores...

Yeah they sent mine out today. I feel stupid paying £20 for it but it can't be helped :/

I feel stupid too.

Before Amiibo became hard to get I said I'd only get a few of my faves and leave the rest til later. Now given the current situation I'm grabbing anything I see for under 20 which is almost double the price. Has Nintendo really sold more by making them less available? Even a big fan like me wasn't going to have them all (yet). I was planning to get like one or two a month. By now I would have probably only had 10 but I have over 30, and I'm missing Villager, Rosalina, Shulk, Ness, Dedede, Robin, Lucina and Pac Man.

So.... Any news on the Chibi Robo Bundle up in the UK yet? I know Nintendo UK announced it but they havent had any stores put up pre orders.

Ashler

I've got a silver one on the way myself. I'm very happy not missing any amiibo until now, as I was expecting not to be able to get several due to the short supply.

Yup. £37. Which is about £50 less than I anticipated spending.

Not bad at all mate.

The only thing that's put me off so far is the hope they were going to release the gold and silver here.

I just want the boxed to match is all, no other reason but i may just go ahead and get them from Ebay. I love the look of the gold and silver mario. Love variants in general :)

Chopper

I've got a silver one on the way myself. I'm very happy not missing any amiibo until now, as I was expecting not to be able to get several due to the short supply.
Me too. And apparently it shipped this morning!

Not bad at all mate.

The only thing that's put me off so far is the hope they were going to release the gold and silver here.

I just want the boxed to match is all, no other reason but i may just go ahead and get them from Ebay. I love the look of the gold and silver mario. Love variants in general :)
Oh, I'm sure they will. Still, better safe than sorry.

Nosgoroth

Splatoon amiibo for MSRP (14,90€) at Amazon Spain! I can't believe it. Ordered! Is this the fabled restock?

EDIT: Aaaaaand it's gone now.

Koren

I think some older Amiibos reprints are arriving.

An old (january) order I had (Shulk, Dedede and Meta Knight) has just shipped. It has been on hold since the release date because MK was missing. I decided to wait (although I bought a MK from Ebay inbetween), they finally found one apparently.

I should be have a complete collection at the end of the week (and I have preorders for the two next waves). I just hope everything will be in good shape!

I just want the boxed to match is all
Same here...

And besides, I'm not overly fond of a repaint, and if they never release in Europe, it may be for the better for me. I wouldn't want to pass on it, but I'm not really interested either.

Well, about a restock ... the Inkling Boy is available from amazon directly at amazon.de!
The Splatoon amiibos come in and out (Jigglypuff and Greninja too, sometimes), there has been several restocks.

JordanKZ

So, here's the thing.

I wasn't really into amiibo's to begin with and then I decided to buy the Splatoon set, for the release of the game. I've also preordered all three Yoshi amiibo.

Then I guess something snapped. I've purchased 17 amiibo in the last 3 days, I have another 7 on preorder and I'm now in the madness zone of 'oh wow, these are over £20 each'.

Help X_X

So, here's the thing.

I wasn't really into amiibo's to begin with and then I decided to buy the Splatoon set, for the release of the game. I've also preordered all three Yoshi amiibo.

Then I guess something snapped. I've purchased 17 amiibo in the last 3 days, I have another 7 on preorder and I'm now in the madness zone of 'oh wow, these are over £20 each'.

Help X_X

image.php

cyba89

So, here's the thing.

Help X_X

One of us. One of us.

latest

Ashler

So, here's the thing.

Help X_X

Yep, sounds about right.

Dash Kappei

Was in Gamestop a couple hours ago, pissed at them for once again screwing up my Amiibos order for the Nth time, thank god I had a backup order from a different retailer so I decided to make a desperate kid happy and left him with my reserved Jiggly and Greninja and then also gave my Inkling Boy (Girl wasn't delivered to me and Ninja's box was opened&destroyed) to a dude who wanted to pay me double (gave it to him at rrp)... I've been very good today, so I was karma'ed back with 2 copies of Cubic Ninja for 5€ :)

Oh what. I thought Samus and Ganon were September for UK, so was happy to have a break. They're June! Followed by Olimar and co in July! This is painful! Got a bunch of other figures due at the same time. Why, Nintendo...why you gotta do this. I hope something...anything... is delayed.

Dash Kappei

Oh what. I thought Samus and Ganon were September for UK, so was happy to have a break. They're June! Followed by Olimar and co in July! This is painful! Got a bunch of other figures due at the same time. Why, Nintendo...why you gotta do this. I hope something...anything... is delayed.
You also have Yoshi in June/July :p

Dommel

Brother in law from Hong Kong arrived yesterday, most expensive ones were Little Mac & Wii Fit Trainer at €25, everything else was €20 or less.

I personally try not to spend more than €20 per Amiibo but it was worth breaking my rule for those two.

DSC_0783.JPG

TheMoon

I see... No idea if the restocks will be happening here, but I've heard Japan and Australia got them at least.

We're definitely getting restocks. I randomly walked into our Toys R Us yesterday and they suddenly had three Meta Knights sitting there (among the usual sea of Mario, Peach, Yoshi, Samus, etc all the common ones they can't get rid of). I was so shocked that I bought one (I already have one).

I think you just have to check all your amiibo-carrying stores regularly on the off chance they got a shipment in.

Linius

We're definitely getting restocks. I randomly walked into our Toys R Us yesterday and they suddenly had three Meta Knights sitting there (among the usual sea of Mario, Peach, Yoshi, Samus, etc all the common ones they can't get rid of). I was so shocked that I bought one (I already have one).

I think you just have to check all your amiibo-carrying stores regularly on the off chance they got a shipment in.

Damn, I've never seen a Meta Knight in real life. And I really don't have the time to walk trough these stores on a weekly basis. I've never been surprised by rare amiibo's anyways. Always the usual ones.

TheMoon

Damn, I've never seen a Meta Knight in real life. And I really don't have the time to walk trough these stores on a weekly basis. I've never been surprised by rare amiibo's anyways. Always the usual ones.

The big problem with Meta Knights is the paint job on the mask often sucks ass. Lots of black smudges everywhere. Even on the restocks still. The one I bought was fairly clean but still less than ideal. Not sure what the trouble is with that simple ass metal mask.

My meta knight from shopto has just arrived. No protection in the box it came in, but it looks in good shape.
Slight smudges on his face mask and hands, but I'm not complaining.

Top Bottom