• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

TheMoon

No worries!

In other news, looks like a Captain Toad Amiibo is coming:

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00YSXEDEO/

Fuck yeah I knew I was right in skipping Mario Collection's Toad!

I bet 100 rainbow colored DK64 bananas that it's gonna be this but for PAL:

wii-u-captain-kinopio-amiibo-set.jpg

Note how the page says "rated USK 6" (which the game is) and pages for actual amiibo say "not rated."

It's not a Captain Toad amiibo.

edit: aaand confirmed:

www.game.es/Product/Default.aspx?SKU=114747

Koren

My amiibo purchases know no bounds, I've bought another 4 in the last 48 hours. Managed to snag Lucario, Greninja, Ike and Megaman for good prices. This is going to ruin me.
I know what you mean...

Before the release, I was thinking about grabbing a couple of them.

Today, I'm waiting for Shulk to arrive to complete the full collection. And I'm thinking about having two of most of them to avoid the box opening dilemma :/

Ikon

Which sites are good to check atm for amiibo imports? I'm trying to get a hold of Dedede and Robin and don't care about region.

Linius

Reall doubting if I should get a Dr. Mario and/or Olimar. When do Amazon charge your card by the way? Upon shipping date or right now?

EDIT

Ordered a Dr. Mario. Will be waiting for Bowser Jr. now.

I have a Samus Amiibo that has a damaged box. The Amiibo is in perfect condition.

I'm a box only collector so would love to hear from anyone who isn't who could trade any other boxed Amiibo that i don't have. I'd take common mario, peach, luigi etc...

Seems like a long shot but i thought i would ask.

kubus

Yesss Olimar and Dr. Mario secured on amazon.de. Olimar is one of the amiibo I wanted most so I'm happy to have a pre-order already.

Yeah, sadly you better prepare to retail hunt them in the launch week ... i will have to do the same.

Maybe you could try to ask the clerks when they usually get their stock. Here in germany, Media Markt and Saturn both put the Amiibos on display as soon as they get them ... can be 3 days early, sometime just one day.
It's a mess...

Is 65 euros a good deal for the three splatoon amiibos?
Going by the official pricing ... not really. The Boy and the Girl should cost 15 € ... problem is that the Squid is not available as a standalone, only in the amiibo pack or in the limited edition of the game ... so demand there should be pretty high.

About the standalone ones, might look around, amazon seems to get those back in stock sometimes, and they sell for the normal price, and then try your luck for the Squid on ebay.

If you value your time and life ... might just get that deal and call it a day. You have to know how much time you want to invest for a possibly worse outcome.

TheMoon

Yeah, sadly you better prepare to retail hunt them in the launch week ... i will have to do the same.

Maybe you could try to ask the clerks when they usually get their stock. Here in germany, Media Markt and Saturn both put the Amiibos on display as soon as they get them ... can be 3 days early, sometime just one day.
It's a mess...

Or almost a full week...

8 Meta Knights in my local Game and 1 Marth this morning. I grabbed one of each and in an hour went back and all the Meta Knights had gone. Toys R Us had a restock but it was all wave one commons when I got there in the afternoon.

Managed to bag a Metaknight from Amazon.de £15 roughly including shipping, not bad. Still got my Silver Mario from Amazon.com to come, that only cost me about £13 including shipping. Oh and Marth from GAME.

JordanKZ

2 weeks ago, I had no Amiibo... Now...

I still have nine in the post (Luigi, Zelda, Ike, Lucario, Mega Man, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Robin and Pac-Man), and several other on preorder. Apparently, I still have 10 left to buy, but they're getting insanely hard to find or expensive. Probably wait until the end of the next preorder wave to come before picking any more up now.

TheMoon

Dude... What a mess. Looking forward to daily harass the Media Markt clerks for almost a full week! :) ... :| ... :(

The Lucina & co. wave they started selling them on the weekend before they came out in some cities. In my area they put them out on Monday and I had to race to the store to get whatever was left after I read about it on Tuesday.

Amiibo retail hunting is now a 7 day activity during release week.

2 weeks ago, I had no Amiibo... Now...

I still have nine in the post (Luigi, Zelda, Ike, Lucario, Mega Man, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Robin and Pac-Man), and several other on preorder. Apparently, I still have 10 left to buy, but they're getting insanely hard to find or expensive. Probably wait until the end of the next preorder wave to come before picking any more up now.

You're an Ami-Bro now XD

Top Bottom