• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Linius

BTxb.jpg

Took Amazon about 10 days to get it to me, quite fast. Then I'll guess Pac-Man will be in tomorrow.

The Lucina & co. wave they started selling them on the weekend before they came out in some cities. In my area they put them out on Monday and I had to race to the store to get whatever was left after I read about it on Tuesday.

Amiibo retail hunting is now a 7 day activity during release week.
Sounds like pure fun and joy ... maybe we can use that point for our CV ... "professional Amiibo retail hunter - shows determination, creativity and motivation, enhanced stress level handling"...

Kyari

Not sure if this has already been posted, but the UK seems to have had reissues of Meta Knight and Marth at least. Walked in to 3 seperate stores after work tonight and saw several of each. Picked up a Marth, finally.

Bazry

If this is any help to anyone, heres an seller from Australia selling Little Mac for £22.85 with free P&P. I have no idea what will happen with customs, but i've taken a chance as I had a load of Nectar points converted to Ebay vouchers

I'm assuming the box will be the same as Europe, if the box gets here in 1 piece that is

Don't know if anyone else got in of this, but it arrived yesterday all the way from Australia without a scratch, please take note Tesco. So very happy, I thought he'd be the one i'd never get without paying really silly money for it

lU5guhy.jpg

Spades

So the gold Mario has been confirmed for Australia and New Zealand later this month.

For those in Australia, the Gold Mario amiibo will be exclusive to Target Australia. It will release on Thursday 25th June priced at $17.95 and will be sold in-store and online, with confirmation that it will be available “while stocks last” without pre-orders taken beforehand.

As for New Zealand, those wanting to secure the amiibo will be able to order it from Mighty Ape starting Monday 22nd June.

I wonder if that means we will see them in Europe after all. Hopefully!

Linius

If that happens I guess I'll be buying another Amiibo after all. We don't have Target in Europe so I wonder how they'll distribute it if it happens.

GAME normally get the exclusives, or a Nintendo store exclusive perhaps.
Since GAME does not ship Amiibos to the rest of europe any more (can't even order them) and the Nintendo store IS UK exclusive ... i really, really, REALLY hope that this won't be the case.

Nintendo should freaking partner with Amazon, at least there is some competent handling of orders. Or they pull their head out of their arse and finally open the webstore for all of Europe ... i really want to know who thought that UK-only was/is/will be a good idea, that person should be fired ... and fired in the open ocean with a catapult.

Spades

Since GAME does not ship Amiibos to the rest of europe any more (can't even order them) and the Nintendo store IS UK exclusive ... i really, really, REALLY hope that this won't be the case.

I'm just speculating. They may never see the light of day in Europe, but at least it is more likely to happen now they are confirmed for Oz and NZ.

Linius

If the Aussies get it I'd say there's a very reasonable chance we get it. Only problem is that Europe doesn't have a retailer that is active in the whole continent. Which is obvious since we are a ton of countries as opposed to the Aussies and the US. I reckon they'll just make deals with individual shops per country. Like they do with the distribution of Nintendo Zone stuff. Or exclusive goodies that come with goodies. I think in The Netherlands it's usually Gamemania that gets the exclusive stuff.

Don't know if anyone else got in of this, but it arrived yesterday all the way from Australia without a scratch, please take note Tesco. So very happy, I thought he'd be the one i'd never get without paying really silly money for it

lU5guhy.jpg

How well was it packaged? Was it covered in bubble wrap and the like?

I'm tempted to pull the trigger and order one, as I still need a sealed EU ( AU boxes are the same, right? ) Little Mac for my collection.

Cappa

Banned
So the gold Mario has been confirmed for Australia and New Zealand later this month.

I wonder if that means we will see them in Europe after all. Hopefully!
Unlikely new Zealand and Australia seem to get NA packaging(or eu?) and amiibos all the time. For instance silver mario

Flintty

Meta Knight came from Amazon.de yesterday. Amazing. No stress. He is my new favourite - I think I'll be taking him out of the box.

Bazry

How well was it packaged? Was it covered in bubble wrap and the like?

I'm tempted to pull the trigger and order one, as I still need a sealed EU ( AU boxes are the same, right? ) Little Mac for my collection.

All they did was take a piece of cardboard and fold it around the Amiibo box, taped around it then put into one of those plastic courier bags. Thats all that was needed to get it from 1 side of the world to the other without damage. Places like Tesco and shopto putting them into cardboard boxes too big without appropriate filling inside risk it being crushed, causing damage to the Amiibo

I understand that it isn't practical for placeslike shopto to parcel them any other way, but just saying someone off Ebay doing something simple like folding a piece of cardboard around it is more likely to get to you in 1 piece

EDIT: The box is exactly the same as the UK / European ones

All they did was take a piece of cardboard and fold it around the Amiibo box, taped around it then put into one of those plastic courier bags. Thats all that was needed to get it from 1 side of the world to the other without damage. Places like Tesco and shopto putting them into cardboard boxes too big without appropriate filling inside risk it being crushed, causing damage to the Amiibo

I understand that it isn't practical for placeslike shopto to parcel them any other way, but just saying someone off Ebay doing something simple like folding a piece of cardboard around it is more likely to get to you in 1 piece

EDIT: The box is exactly the same as the UK / European ones

Thanks. I may take the risk and just import him then.

So I've ran out of space on my desk to realistically and attractively display my amiibos now, so I'm looking into getting a display cabinet for my room and thinking how I can best display them, as well as the other pieces of plastic I collect.

I'm thinking of going for a similar thing as I've seen before on here with an IKEA cabinet either this or this, maybe add some battery powered spotlights in there, and buy some clear acrylic display steps.

Alternatively, was thinking of a wall shelf so there's less stuff cluttering my room and it's frees up floor space.

I'm also really excited for the next wave since Palutena and Ganon, my other two mains beside Jiggly will be in my grasp. I also ordered ZSS who I was less bothered about but after seeing pics of her I'm glad I did preorder her too.

JordanKZ

Update on my amiibo:

Megaman was a dud! :( Had to get in touch Amazon to replace it, thankfully, they were nice enough to refund me the money before sending the product off. So, another is already in the post.

mclem

Well, that was scary. The network here at work has been flaky all morning, so I've only just managed to see this.

Then the network went down again.

In related news, I'm pleased to say that the Nintendo Store works really quite well on a mobile.

RiggyRob

YEEEEEEEEEEEEES I got an order for Robin in.

Edit: For my review email about Ike, there's a section about 'Which amiibo would you like to see next?' - Black Knight represent!

Got my order in. Not even sure if I want them, but I can decide that when they arrive. If not, I'm sure it won't be hard to find somebody willing to take them off my hands.

just got him :)

Really weird, i got Robin and Lucina 20 mins ago and had an option of free postage.

Got Ike and the options had changes and the cheapest was £1.99

Edit: Ahh this is the reason:

Changes on Nintendo store delivery charges. Free delivery on orders over £20, else £1.99

MouldyK

Shiek and Metaknight: Got!

I still got my 10% off amiibos code from Splatoon Download though as 10% off meant I still have to pay £1.99 delivery.

Without it, it costs like 21p more.

I missed Lucina and Robin before though. :(

TheMoon

From the other thread, this is a store in Germany:

Didn't say which one, though.

I had a similar encounter today when I randomly walked into a Media Markt. Three Lucinas, four Ness, four Robins. Looked freshly stocked. I was totally confused.

MouldyK

Oh, Smyths in Charlton say they have low stock of Metaknights...too late!

I'm going to a Focus Group Thing for Game UK next Friday where they will talk about their Christmas plans and I will be sure to tell them to get as much Amiibos as they can because this will save them from bankruptcy! :p

Top Bottom