• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Sadist

That moment when the 26 year old in you questions what you're doing with your money... and life.

7N4pjLy.jpg
Well you could get hammered every week and piss away your €-£ on booze.

I'd choose the Amiibo hehe. My Yarn Yoshi just arrived from bol.com and with that, I'm done with buying new Amiibo. Unless I come across Shulk. Then I might bite. But overall, Samus, Ike, Mega Man and Yarn Yoshi are enough.

Cappa

Banned
I never check my local either, but I had an urge at 6am in the morning seeing as there have been reports of places getting a small restock. I also took a nice stroll in to my local store, about a mile too. Beautiful weather and this is what I cam home with (ignore the other pick ups, i'm too lazy to take multiple photos, but Layton was only £3.50 from Argos! Bargain)

19193153632_60a0c0294e_c.jpg

Now to destroy resale value by opening it lol

is King Dedede just a UK restock.. I can't find him or Shulk anywhere in Spain..

Oxx

Whoa, GAME had amiibo other than Mario, Pikachu, and DK for the first time ever.

I didn't fancy Ganondorf or Palutena though.

Just got captain falcon from Nintendo, Lucina from grainger, and Shulk from Argos.
The box for Shulk is a bit fucked, a slight cut in the plastic on one of the corners, and the sticker that they stick on the side of it has glue that is the stickiest substance know to man. But hey, it will do.

jeffers

meant to be getting shulk and dedede from argos today, but its yodel delivery. online tracking already says delivery attempted and card left.... hmm.....

Why cant delivery services just have standards?

edit: annoying thing is I still have my orders from the original time it went up on amazon. so was hoping it'd come today before the amazon ones decide to suddenly ship. If I have to rearrange delivery its just going to be a ballache.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Weird. My local Argos got Dedede in at some point today since I checked this morning and there was nothing but checked again just now (because a slightly further away store had it and I was curious to see if it had been snapped up by now) and now they have it. Well it was one of the few Amiibos I liked the look of so why not.

EDIT: Looks like it was the last one.

Oxx

The Shulk order I placed with Amazon UK on Dec 11th is still unfulfilled, but I've reserved one at the local Argos. Nice.

sphinx

the piano man
I want to report that there's been restock of older amiibos together with wave 5 here in (northern) Germany.

Little Mac and Rosalina are readily available in many stores, not rare at all anymore.

As for wave 5, there were some amiibos but it seems it will sell out.

I saw 1 Ganondorf , 2 Dark Pits, 2 Palutenas, no Zero Suit Samus.

is any of those expected to be hard to find?

Joqu

I want to report that there's been restock of older amiibos together with wave 5 here in (northern) Germany.

Little Mac and Rosalina are readily available in many stores, not rare at all anymore.

As for wave 5, there were some amiibos but it seems it will sell out.

I saw 1 Ganondorf , 2 Dark Pits, 2 Palutenas, no Zero Suit Samus.

is any of those expected to be hard to find?

Over here Dark Pit and Palutena seem to be the rare ones with Ganondorf and ZS Samus being more common but I'm not sure if that's universal

Pretty jealous of your restock though, I hope we get one soon. I'd ask someone to grab some for me from Germany but those shipping costs are rough man :x

Cappa

Banned
Over here Dark Pit and Palutena seem to be the rare ones with Ganondorf and ZS Samus being more common but I'm not sure if that's universal

Pretty jealous of your restock though, I hope we get one soon. I'd ask someone to grab some for me from Germany but those shipping costs are rough man :x

same in Spain.

A ton of Ganondorf left, a few ZSS, and Dark Pit and Palutena here and there.

Koren

same in Spain.

A ton of Ganondorf left, a few ZSS, and Dark Pit and Palutena here and there.
Same here too... (France)

I've visited a dozen shops yesterday, and beside the fact that less and less shops carry Amiibos (the major videogame chain in France has nearly given up, it seems), the ones that sell them have gotten a good supply of the current wave.

There were still a dozen Ganons, about 8-9 ZSS, and one Palutena. Dark Pit was apparently sold out, but they've been released on Tuesday, and you could find all of them at this time more easily than ANY previous wave (although the fact that there were only 4 helped)

KiraFA37

Just did some amiibo shopping and fetched me a Dark Pit and Palentula. Now I have 3 amiibo in total (3rd one being Toon Link). Seems this wave seems to be pretty well stocked, lots of Samus's and Yarn Yoshi's still around. Also Little Mac is rare one isn't it? The shop nearby still has one so if anybody is interested in it...

Dommel

Mine actually did arrive today, I hope yours did too. Limiting it to one per person does seem to do wonders, if this keeps up I might actually be able to get everything I want from now on

I got my Zero Suit, Dark Pit & Palutena, none of the Splatoon's though.

cyba89

Shadders

That's pretty sweet!

I have 29 at the moment, but that number is bound to increase, I think I'll get two and future-proof myself.

I may as well post my collection.

image_zpssbpc0otx.jpg

I managed to snag 2 Shulk at Argos last week. This allowed me finish my unsealed collection. I then nabbed Dedede the following day to finish off my sealed collection. Sadly they are all boxed away until I redecorate and get some room for them.

It feels good to be finally up to date with them all. Happy days.

Chopper

I may as well post my collection.

image_zpssbpc0otx.jpg

I managed to snag 2 Shulk at Argos last week. This allowed me finish my unsealed collection. I then nabbed Dedede the following day to finish off my sealed collection. Sadly they are all boxed away until I redecorate and get some room for them.

It feels good to be finally up to date with them all. Happy days.
Very cool. Good work.

Robin64

Oh sweet, Amazon are due to deliver Wii Fit Trainer today and Villager tomorror. Nabbed them both at £12.99 each a week or so ago. Villager wasn't listed as fulfilled by Amazon, though, so I hope that works out okay.

I'm scared to take my Woolly Yoshis out of their boxes cus I've been noticing moths in my room lately LOL

I think I would cry if a moth ate them considering how difficult to get they are.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm scared to take my Woolly Yoshis out of their boxes cus I've been noticing moths in my room lately LOL

I think I would cry if a moth ate them considering how difficult to get they are.

The Yoshis are polyester which is unlikely to be attacked by moths.

Debating it, I just love how they look in their boxes but they'll take up a lot of space, trying to decide how/where to display them once I move into my house.

Well considering that you'll never sell them (right?) I say open them. You deserve to be able to play with the toys you paid so much for ;)

It really is a shame because the packaging does look great, and if you can display them within the packaging then go for it but some of the figures really do feel nice to be able to hold.

Zafir

I didn't realize Sonic and Pac-Man were hard to get.

Boo :(

Thought they were as easy as Mario & Peach etc
Sonic hasn't been too hard to get a hold of. He was in stock on Nintendo Store UK during the latter half of last week.

Pac-man is pretty much a unicorn though.

Edit: Sonic is available here and here*.

*They're based in Scandinavia and there's been reports that the packaging leaves a lot to be desired, they might have improved since then but be warned.

Sonic hasn't been too hard to get a hold of. He was in stock on Nintendo Store UK during the latter half of last week.

Edit: Sonic is available here and here*.

*They're based in Scandinavia and there's been reports that the packaging leaves a lot to be desired, they might have improved since then but be warned.

Do Grainger put stickers on their boxes if you buy them on line?

Koren

Wanted to get a second one to try a Ms Pac-Man custom. At least, I got one...

There was a japanese one in a brick'n mortar shop around here, but 30€ is far too much. I've already spent a grand I think in those toys, that's crazy enough.

One of my (long pre-release) orders is still in backorder, there's a guestimation of 28th august IIRC. Doubt it's legit, but at least, it could mean that they expect another batch (since before it was simply "on order").

Top Bottom