• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Kyari

Yeah, I walked into GAME at the Metro Centre to find they had restocks of Little Mac as well. I had one on the way from Nintendo UK but figured I would snap another one up, just in case the box got bust up in the post.

It seems Dedede had a restock at Argos during the night. I've got one reserved at my local store so have a check at yours if you are still in need of him.

Oh cool, metro centre has little macs? Might have to wander over after work

Missed this whole deal about restocks, is there literally anywhere with Lucina still available? I've been trying to track one down for a friend since the day pre-orders for the first batch went up with no luck.

I picked one up in Game just yesterday, she has definitely been restocked.

Oh cool, metro centre has little macs? Might have to wander over after work

Yup.

Yesterday they had 3 Little Macs in the store downstairs. I didn't check the one near HMV though. I also checked Toys R Us ( I was still searching for Dedede at the time ) but they had nothing outside of the common Amiibo.

Kyari

Yup.

Yesterday they had 3 Little Macs in the store downstairs. I didn't check the one near HMV though. I also checked Toys R Us ( I was still searching for Dedede at the time ) but they had nothing outside of the common Amiibo.

Yeah that toys r us is absolutely rubbish. Apparently it might be shutting down.

Joqu

Wow, thanks for the link. Everything I still wanted in stock, almost shocking.

And today's haul, they messed up my Zero Suit pre-order but luckily I could order it from the link above.

DSC_0027.JPG

Ordered from bol.com too, I hope my order comes through though! Gotta warn you though last time they claimed to have Robin and Ness stock but I don't think those ever shipped to anyone.

And I do hope we get some of that sweet German stock over here in Belgium soon enough, if they've had any restocks here I sure haven't been able to tell. I just want a Ness, Rosalina and Little Mac without going broke, is that too much to ask? :l

Dommel

Ordered from bol.com too, I hope my order comes through though! Gotta warn you though last time they claimed to have Robin and Ness stock but I don't think those ever shipped to anyone.

And I do hope we get some of that sweet German stock over here in Belgium soon enough, if they've had any restocks here I sure haven't been able to tell. I just want a Ness, Rosalina and Little Mac without going broke, is that too much to ask? :l

I had the same happen with bol.com before, cancelled King DeDeDe & Metaknight and gave me discount for the next order to make up for it.

Check your pm, might be able to help you with Ness & Lucina.

Dommel

Great, three mails in a row from bol.com telling me that Splatoon Boy, Girl & Squid are out of stock.

I ordered them less than an hour ago from your site, remove them if you know they're out of stock ffs!

Probably going to receive another 4 mails before the day is over telling me the others were out of stock too, useless bunch of wankers they are.

This week has been Amiibo craaaaazy. new lines and many restocks!!!

This week i have received:

Green Yoshi - Game
Blue Yoshi - Game
Pink Yoshi - Game
Ganondorf - ShopTo
zero suit samus - ShopTo
Palutena - ShopTo
Dark Pit - ShopTo
Dede - Game
Shulk - Game
Little Mac - Game
Villager (Shipped) - Amazon
Captain Falcon (Shipped) - Nintendo

All this after getting Marth, Ike, Robin and Lucina on Nintendo last week.

Waiting with bated breath on that Pit and Rosaline restock now.

JordanKZ

I love these little guys. My Rosalina was shipped this afternoon too.

I really need to think about getting a display case or something, I'm seriously running out of room for more amiibo. I have 42 of them sat three rows deep on top of my games shelving unit.

Yazoo91

Neo Member
Am on the lookout for pink Yoshi, gave mine to my friend's daughter since theirs was stolen off their front step (great job by the courier). Don't know how much luck I'll have... At least I have my blue Yoshi, he is just the cutest ever. Haven't got the game yet though, hoping it comes tomorrow.

Great news about the restocks, hope people are getting what they need!

I love these little guys. My Rosalina was shipped this afternoon too.

I really need to think about getting a display case or something, I'm seriously running out of room for more amiibo. I have 42 of them sat three rows deep on top of my games shelving unit.

Currently all mine are in boxes but they take up too much room so i've been looking at cases.

I've not found one i really like yet though. let me know what you go with?

Koren

Yeah, I've checked all the smaller stores I can even think of but it seems the only available ones are being force bundled with Codename Steam, or £25 solo on Amazon. To be honest I'm not willing to pay that much more than retail price.
I send you an MP...

This week has been Amiibo craaaaazy. new lines and many restocks!!!
Indeed... Plently of Amiibos everywhere. Dark Pit is rare, but I've seen plently of Ganon and ZSS, and a couple Palutena, 3 days after release. Also, Fox, Zelda, Falcon, Kirby... many I hadn't seen for ages.

I've a big stack of Amiibos on my table now.

I'm SO DEAD money-wise with Amiibos. Nintendo killed me. At least, it's a really low year for me on the videogame front.

I really need to think about getting a display case or something, I'm seriously running out of room for more amiibo.
I've large plastic containers full of Amiibos myself. I really need something to display them :/

GAME have Robin in stock right now for £14.99.

Late but thanks. Yet. Amazon mailed me a few days ago. Robin was finally available.
Now got Ness (with slightly weird eyes) Robin and Lucina from Amazon.

And actually found Ganondorf , Zero Suit Samus , Dark Pit and Palutena yesterday in a store. How it should be.
No Yarn Yoshi at all though

I picked one up in Game just yesterday, she has definitely been restocked.

That's a shame, I was in Game earlier today to pick up my Yarn Yoshi Amiibos and although a bunch were restocked (Little Mac, WFT etc.) there was no Lucina. Ran a stock check and it seems no stores nearby have been sent them either. Pretty certain they didn't sell them either since nobody buys Amiibos here. Kinda lame, since we got a ton of Marth the other week.

MouldyK

Hyper Japan at The O2 in London in 2 weeks:

Additionally, the Super Smash Bros. Cosplay Competition will see Super Smash Bros. players dressing up as chosen characters in a bid to be awarded Best Costume. Nintendo will also hold amiibo team-up tournaments throughout the show that will see players fighting for glory against other trained, level 50 amiibo players and amiibo teams.
At HYPER JAPAN Nintendo will also be offering an exclusive range of merchandise normally only available on the Nintendo Official UK Store.

Time to train my Amiibo!

I shouldn't have returned to this thread, I've succumbed to ordering Ganondorf and had Palutena arrive this morning.
At least Ike finally has some company, with this sudden twist of actual stock maybe Dedede will be mine sooner rather than later.

I still have buyer's remorse from the entrance fee to the last Hyper Japan.

Last year was not that great an outing I have to say.

Koren

Seems like it. He's the only one from his wave along side Ness that hasn't had a restock as far as I've seen.
There was a (small?) Ness restock, at least in Germany. A friend of mine received a several months old order this week.

Zafir

There was a (small?) Ness restock, at least in Germany. A friend of mine received a several months old order this week.

Ah right, must not have been big then, unlike Robin/Lucina which seemed to come in stock again at most places.

And I just looked at how much I spent on Amiibos this week.

Christ, I think I might to send some of these back. Basically spent my typical entertainment budget for two months just on these things, in this one week;-;.

Ikon

And I just looked at how much I spent on Amiibos this week.

Christ, I think I might to send some of these back. Basically spent my typical entertainment budget for two months just on these things, in this one week;-;.
Yeah I've been spending a bit much as well. The only redeeming aspect of it is that I've cut back on buying games. I've got enough to play as it is and it's nice to have something else to collect.

jonno394

Dedede popped up in my local Argos this morning. Reserved and will collect in a bit to go alongsinde my Kirby. £13 :)

I only want him and Metaknight as for some reason, even though I dont' really play the Kirby series, I think they all look the best.

Joqu

Great, three mails in a row from bol.com telling me that Splatoon Boy, Girl & Squid are out of stock.

I ordered them less than an hour ago from your site, remove them if you know they're out of stock ffs!

Probably going to receive another 4 mails before the day is over telling me the others were out of stock too, useless bunch of wankers they are.

Mine actually did arrive today, I hope yours did too. Limiting it to one per person does seem to do wonders, if this keeps up I might actually be able to get everything I want from now on

Robin64

Dedede popped up in my local Argos this morning. Reserved and will collect in a bit to go alongsinde my Kirby. £13 :)

Heh, this made me check my area and bizarrely the Argos just a mile away had Dedede. They never have anything around here, so I snapped that up. Going to take a lovely walk in the sunshine and get me a Dedede!

jonno394

Heh, this made me check my area and bizarrely the Argos just a mile away had Dedede. They never have anything around here, so I snapped that up. Going to take a lovely walk in the sunshine and get me a Dedede!

I never check my local either, but I had an urge at 6am in the morning seeing as there have been reports of places getting a small restock. I also took a nice stroll in to my local store, about a mile too. Beautiful weather and this is what I cam home with (ignore the other pick ups, i'm too lazy to take multiple photos, but Layton was only £3.50 from Argos! Bargain)

19193153632_60a0c0294e_c.jpg

Now to destroy resale value by opening it lol

Flintty

I keep telling myself I'm out but these things are so addictive. I now have all four from this wave and nowhere to put them! I might have to start opening boxes and displaying them...

jonno394

Saw Ganondorf and Dark Pit in Game while I was collecting Dedede and they both look great in person. Has the build quality of these things improved since the first releases?

Porcile

I feel sorry for anyone that bought one of those £16 Ness' from Amazon the other day and hoped to keep it in a pristine box. The company that sent it packed it like shit! Luckily I got over the Amiibo box fetish a long time ago. Anyway, my Ness has some sloppy paintwork but overall he's cool, and I'm damn happy to finally have him. Duck Hunt and Lucas next...

Koren

Saw Ganondorf and Dark Pit in Game while I was collecting Dedede and they both look great in person. Has the build quality of these things improved since the first releases?
Depends... I'd say that a couple in Wave 1 was average (especially Marth), and in fact those have been improved in re-releases. But beside that, many of the early waves were already really nice (Fox in the first wave, for example).

I keep telling myself I'm out but these things are so addictive.
Indeed...

Robin64

Came back from my local Argos with a King Dedede and a Marth. Oh man, good day.

(Sword's a little bent, but oh well)

And now to also destroy resale value by opening and using them.

bTHq9n7.jpg

Happy to have bought every one of them in retail at a normal price :) Waiting for Yarn Yoshi to arrive today and a friend of mine is bringing down a Ness that he found in one of his local stores.

Top Bottom