• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Chopper

Amiibo bonanza today! Got my Wooly World with Green Yarn Yoshi from Game. Got Blue and Pink Yarn Yoshis from Zavvi. And got Dark Pit, ZSS, Palutena and Ganondorf from Nintendo UK. Just waiting for Toon Link and Fox to come back into stock somewhere, and I'm making some progress with my collection.

Unfortunately, the packaging on the 4 from Nintendo was crumpled again, thanks to some careless packing. Second order in a row that's happened, so I've sent another angry email. Last time I got a £5 discount code. Luckily, I intend on unboxing them all one day.

My ZSS, Dark Pit, Gannondorf and Palutena all turned up for the Nintendo UK Store today! They look fantastic, especially Paluetena - she may just be my favorite of the bunch yet!

Unfortunately, the packaging on the 4 from Nintendo was crumpled again, thanks to some careless packing. Second order in a row that's happened, so I've sent another angry email. Last time I got a £5 discount code. Luckily, I intend on unboxing them all one day.
Yep same here, all of them we packaged nicely apart from Gannondorf who was just shoved in and crumpled up :(

I got a Shulk amiibo from Argos today. I'm so glad I got up early and saw some guy talking about reserving one with Argos, so I checked by me and one localish had it so I got that. AND I PAID £10.99 TOO. I AM ACTUALLY REALLY FEELING HAPPY!

The only other one I want is Dedede but no luck with that. BUT I GOT SHULK.

But I can't say "I'm really feeling the D" now :(

umTMrPf.jpg

According to this.. no ness, rosalina or villager :( looks like I'm done here.

However, game got Dedede whereas Nintendo dint so there's hope.

Managed to bag a Little Mac from Game just now so I hope that goes through.

Greninja arraived today from Game with the top of the box fucked up because they put him in sideways even though the legth of the box was longer. FFS.

Got a ZSS and Ganon as well from Game on the way.

So I'm back in the game and now need

Pauletna
Yoshi
Luigi
Jigglypuff
Ness
Charizard
Bowser
Sheik
Fox
Dark Pit
Zelda
DeDeDe
Next months wave

I know some of them are easy to get but I can't afford to get loads each month.

I have a spare WTF in the box, so does anyone in the UK want to swap for any of the above?

Cappa

Banned
The store told me they are no longer doing preorders and blamed it on Nintendo for stock issues lol good for me easier to grab them on release date!

I really wish that Peach SMB was put back up. I still need her, and i don't really like the SSB version :/

but atleast i got palutena and blue yoshi today :D

Ikon

Those boxes are hella expensive but at the same time I'm dreading having to move with all my opened amiibos. No way will I be able to pull that off without damaging a few.

I got a Shulk amiibo from Argos today. I'm so glad I got up early and saw some guy talking about reserving one with Argos, so I checked by me and one localish had it so I got that. AND I PAID £10.99 TOO. I AM ACTUALLY REALLY FEELING HAPPY!

The only other one I want is Dedede but no luck with that. BUT I GOT SHULK.

But I can't say "I'm really feeling the D" now :(

Dedede up at Game right now if you are quick :p
http://www.game.co.uk/en/king-dedede-amiibo-super-smash-bros-collection-322854

Flintty

Fuck sake. I knew it was coming but I forgot. I really needed Lucina and Shulk. I failed.

Palutena came today though and she is sexeh.

Fuck sake. I knew it was coming but I forgot. I really needed Lucina and Shulk. I failed.

Palutena came today though and she is sexeh.

I have a spare Lucina (and Robin too for that matter)... drop me a PM if you are interested :)

And yeah, Palutena is my favorite from this new wave for sure!

Missed some of them at Nintendo, but got Captain Falcon. Hopefully they have a few more of the ones I need, and are going to stagger them for a couple of days.

Received everything from Nintendo. So far so good. Only last wave did the cram 2 in a box, which was risky but still arrived fine, but otherwise pretty good (and this was came with Yodel, shock, horror!)

MouldyK

Yeah, i'm only getting 1 tomorrow.

I can't keep up this habit of Amiibo without a job.

So 1 a week for me from now on.

What one do you guys think will be the rarest of the new batch?

I'll get that unless they have Shulk.

My GF randomly managed to pick me up a Little Mac and Ike from GAME in Bluewater today.

Hope they keep the re-stock up and the rest that I need go back to a reasonable price on Amazon (and stay available, lol).

lbs.

Dark Pit, ZSS, Ganondorf and Palutena from Nintendo Store and a Pink Yoshi from Shopto! Been a good day :)

Also managed to reserve Shulk at Argos yesterday....
Check your local Argos stock people :)

MicH

My Amazon Germany order has been "Preparing to ship" the entire day. Just dispatch them already!

In other news: I got my Blue Yarn Yoshi today :3

So if anyone is interested, that trick to getting Little Mac off the GAME website still works. Ordered 3 Macs.
(Was gonna post yesterday when I did it by was still temp banned).

My GF randomly managed to pick me up a Little Mac and Ike from GAME in Bluewater today.

Hope they keep the re-stock up and the rest that I need go back to a reasonable price on Amazon (and stay available, lol).

Yeah, I walked into GAME at the Metro Centre to find they had restocks of Little Mac as well. I had one on the way from Nintendo UK but figured I would snap another one up, just in case the box got bust up in the post.

It seems Dedede had a restock at Argos during the night. I've got one reserved at my local store so have a check at yours if you are still in need of him.

MouldyK

Found out my Smyths in Charlton only gets 4 of each new stock.

I picked Palutena up because I thought she might be the rarest of the 4.

Hit the jackpot today. Picked up my reserved copy of dedede, walked over to GAME, talked to the staff, they said they just had a delivery. A lot of the commons, and 1 little mac. Bought that.
Strolled over to grainger games, they had 2 robins, 3 rosalinas, 2 little macs and a few others as well. So I picked up robin. Would have bought rosalina, but the funds have been stretched enough as it is this month, and I have an order coming from gameseek for that one.
If anyone wants a dedede, I reserved another at an Argos, I can give you the reservation number. Its in the North of Manchester.

Koren

Not sure how rare she is
I'd say she may be around Megaman / Sonic / Ike levels: not rare and not unicorn (in an Amiibo scale, where rare doesn't mean "you won't find her in the first shop you enter"), but will quickly become a really uncommon one in shops, so you should grab her when you can if you're interested.

I don't think she'll have the same kind of exchange/resell value than Rosalina, Shulk, Dedede, Metaknight and others (although most of those are getting restocks, to their value may also go down).

Missed this whole deal about restocks, is there literally anywhere with Lucina still available? I've been trying to track one down for a friend since the day pre-orders for the first batch went up with no luck.

Koren

Missed this whole deal about restocks, is there literally anywhere with Lucina still available?
Not at this time as far as I know, but scout the online shops... It seems restocks can happen anytime without any rule. Try to place backorders if you're offered the chance, they can ship one even months after the order if they receive an allocation.

JordanKZ

Shulk and Dedede finally arrived yesterday, along with my Pink Yoshi. Little Mac dispatched from Amazon Germany.

My last amiibo to find is Rosalina. I have one preordered at Gameseek, hopefully they'll fulfill that in the next few days! :D

Not at this time as far as I know, but scout the online shops... It seems restocks can happen anytime without any rule. Try to place backorders if you're offered the chance, they can ship one even months after the order if they receive an allocation.
Yeah, I've checked all the smaller stores I can even think of but it seems the only available ones are being force bundled with Codename Steam, or £25 solo on Amazon. To be honest I'm not willing to pay that much more than retail price.

Top Bottom