• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Did I hear right that the Japanese and western ROB amiibo are going to look different?!

Yep. Western ROBs were grey like the NES, the JPN one were beige white and red like the Famicom, reflected in ROBs first two colours in Smash.

F2CiBIj.jpg

In fact, the label on his base changes with his grey costume to say Nintendo Entertainment System rather than Famicom as a nice little detail.

Chopper

Yep. Western ROBs were grey like the NES, the JPN one were beige white and red like the Famicom, reflected in ROBs first two colours in Smash.

F2CiBIj.jpg

In fact, the label on his base changes with his grey costume to say Nintendo Entertainment System rather than Famicom as a nice little detail.
Crap. My OCD is gonna require that I obtained that Japanese one as well as the regular one.

JonnyKong

I may as well post my collection.

image_zpssbpc0otx.jpg

I managed to snag 2 Shulk at Argos last week. This allowed me finish my unsealed collection. I then nabbed Dedede the following day to finish off my sealed collection. Sadly they are all boxed away until I redecorate and get some room for them.

It feels good to be finally up to date with them all. Happy days.

Looks damn impressive. And so it should for about £700, possibly more!

Loakum

Banned
Hello my fellow Gaffers, can someone answer me this question: I was charged (via paypal) £7.54 which is $11.88 us dollar amount to ship an pre ordered item I want from UK Shopto, to the United States. My question is will this be the only shipping charge I will have to pay?

This question is for someone who has imported an item from Shopto UK to the United States.

MicH

Got my wave 5 Amiibo from Amazon Germany today. They all look fantastic! You can really tell how the quality gas gone up these last two waves compared to the first two or three

Feebastic

Is £25 a good price for a Greninja amiibo? I've just had a birthday and want to treat myself, but I can't justify the £35 for Rosalina at all.

Robin64

Looks like Argos will be getting a restock in 4/5 days time. Ike is available to reserve with that time frame in practically every area I checked. (Not sure what else they might be getting, takes far too long to check them all on their site. :p)

Koren

Looks like Argos will be getting a restock in 4/5 days time. Ike is available to reserve with that time frame in practically every area I checked.
Ike here in France is slightly rarer than Mario and Pikachu (read: in stock in most shops since the release).

Is £25 a good price for a Greninja amiibo?
Depends what you understand by "a good price". You won't find it much cheaper from scalpers, but I still think anything above 15£ is too expensive.

I wouldn't be surprised that it pop up again later at the normal price (Rosalina has).

But if you really want it and don't want to take any chance, it's up to you.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My Argos Dedede was bent and that was bought in store so you may want to be careful with them as well.

MicH

I guess if you want to keep them immaculate NIB, you don't order from Nintendo UK, haha.
Jesus

I've primarily ordered from Amazon UK and DE and they have been great with packaging. Same goes for CDON. Worst offender so far (for me) has been Coolshop who shipped my Pit and Falcon in a bubble envelope

jeffers

I guess if you want to keep them immaculate NIB, you don't order from Nintendo UK, haha.

tis weird. All my Nintendo ones have come in the proper orientation to fit the box

my argos/yodel dedede and shulk came today. was in a plastic bag wrapping with them fitted against each other, but did mean after handling the sides were curved.

The problem with argos is the item number sticker they stick to the side. The glue is really strong, it leaves a mark where it has stuck.
Not a problem if you take them out of the box, but if you want to leave them in the box it looks a bit shit.

jeffers

The problem with argos is the item number sticker they stick to the side. The glue is really strong, it leaves a mark where it has stuck.
Not a problem if you take them out of the box, but if you want to leave them in the box it looks a bit shit.

yeah, they put 3 on one....
edit: my bad. 3 on both =/

Koren

Jesus

I've primarily ordered from Amazon UK and DE and they have been great with packaging. Same goes for CDON. Worst offender so far (for me) has been Coolshop who shipped my Pit and Falcon in a bubble envelope

The only damaged one I received was coming from Amazon :/

Ikon

Jesus

Both UK and DE ship to Scandinavia? Didn't know this. Only been buying from Norwegian stores and webhallen once when we were in Stockholm.

sphinx

the piano man
In case Germany gaf needs it:

this site has Ness, Lucina and Robin at decent prices, apparently ready to ship...they might ship internationally but I am not sure

quote to see link

Why is it shit places like Smyths and Game Center are getting Roaslina but no where else is? Maybe she hasn't got a proper restock like the others:?

Smyths won't allow me to purchase on the internet as it's only in store for that item and Game Center (never even heard of them before) refused my card.

I'm in Game at the minute, and they've got Lucina, Wario, Ike, Zelda, Ganondorf, ZSS, Palutena, Dark Pit and Mario series Yoshi. In terms of rarity, and assuming I can only buy one, what's my best bet?

Btw I think I have an extra pink and blue Woolly Yoshi on preorder, if anyone wants them I would be able to sell them at face value + shipping for those who missed out on pre-orders. As long as your intentions are honourable! :p

Top Bottom