• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Koren

Not like it's sure that they would be able to conjure up a new copy of a rare in a few months time.
At the same time, I'm not even sure what's the rarest now... Pit and WFT are about the only ones I haven't seen in the past two months in shops, but I know that some here have spotted them. Not that it would make replacing a broken one an easy task, though.

Chanser

My blue pikmin eyes look dodgy. I wonder if I should return it?

tTt0yCh.jpg
5eOdsqb.jpg

Robin64

Our Animal Crossing packs are 6 cards, this much we already know.

In Japan the card packs are 300 yen for 3, which would be £1.86 converted and with VAT on.
So we should be looking at £3.99 for a pack of our 6 cards.

It can't be for only 3 cards right?

The pack of cards contains 6. This is just the place holder image that they took from nintendo.

It is either a placeholder price for a single pack or it could be a bundle of multiple packets. Are they in any argos though? none of the argos near me have it in stock.

The pack of cards contains 6. This is just the place holder image that they took from nintendo.

It is either a placeholder price for a single pack or it could be a bundle of multiple packets. Are they in any argos though? none of the argos near me have it in stock.

I did check for stock in store, but with it releasing later in the year i assumed they wouldn't have any, which they didn't.
My guess is this is for a box, a place holder, or someone has assumed that it is just another amiibo rather than a pack of cards and it has been priced accordingly.

jeffers

could be adaptor + cards.

Min0

The tiniest bit. When I apply pressure. But I'd never find it worth mentioning had you not asked about it. Does yours wobble a lot?

Well, kind of. The clear stand slightly detach from the base when I press olimar on the sides. It really bothers me :(
I swore to not touch the figure ever again in fear of breaking it lol

TheMoon

Well, kind of. The clear stand slightly detach from the base when I press olimar on the sides. It really bothers me :(
I swore to not touch the figure ever again in fear of breaking it lol

All I can say is to pick it up at the base then in the future, just to be safe. :)

kubus

In Japan you can also buy a set of 5 packs (so 5 x 3 cards), maybe this is the same (though a much better deal as we get 6 cards per pack here...)

Spades

Picked up the new Argos catalogue earlier today, and the cards are listed in there also:

XEx3bSa.png

This time, £9.99 for what I assume is a pack of six cards.

Still a rip-off.

So assuming there are 6 cards in a £9.99 pack, and there are 100 cards to collect in the first series, and assuming each pack you buy has a card you do not already have, it's going to cost just short of about £170 to complete the first series.

Robin64

If they're not £3.99 for a pack of six, which is still more than they cost in Japan PLUS our VAT rate, then they can get lost.

(Right now, six cards in Japan would set you back 600 yen, which is £3.10, then our VAT on top makes it £3.72)

Robin64

Wow, those prices are just disgusting. Hopefully it's just Argos being their typical rip off selves.

I dunno, man, they do sell amiibo for £10.99, one of the few places left who do. Even when upping the price on some they are no more than £12.99, which is still okay.

I dunno, man, they do sell amiibo for £10.99, one of the few places left who do. Even when upping the price on some they are no more than £12.99, which is still okay.

That's what I find troubling about the price, they are reasonable when it comes to amiibo, so I cant see this £9.99 price for the cards being a jacked up price.
That pac man you listed is £5.99 delivery as well.

Robin64

Supplies of amiibo clearly getting better. Walked into GAME, they had Wario, Robin, Lucina, Kirby, Dr Mario, Palutena, Bowser Jr, Charizard, Olimar, and a couple of others I forget now. Impressed.

Supplies of amiibo clearly getting better. Walked into GAME, they had Wario, Robin, Lucina, Kirby, Dr Mario, Palutena, Bowser Jr, Charizard, Olimar, and a couple of others I forget now. Impressed.

Yeah, Its just a shame that everywhere is now starting to think that £14.99 is the acceptable price. It used to only be £10 on amazon but now they even put their price up to GAME standards.

Robin64

Yeah, Its just a shame that everywhere is now starting to think that £14.99 is the acceptable price. It used to only be £10 on amazon but now they even put their price up to GAME standards.

Yeah. I mean, I really want Kirby, but I can't justify £14.99 for the most basic amiibo of them all. In the end I only walked out with Olimar.

Jofamo

It's quite funny actually. I just last week completed my collection of Smash Bros Amiibo, at least until the next wave is out. It took a lot of time, and I had to result to importing a couple from Japan like Dedede and Lucario, for a about double the cost. Not a big deal and I don't regret it, but the second I complete my collection the restocks start happening hahah.

It used to be I could walk into my local GAME store (Stirling, Scotland) and they'd have 5 Amiibo total, mostly Link and DK and nothing worthwhile.

I walked in today, and they now have about 80 in stock, and it's fucking marvellous to look at. They had multiple Shulks, Dedede, Lucina, Ike and more in stock today. It was glorious, in all of my UK Amiibo hunting since day 1, I've never seen anything like it.

If people were hesitant to start Amiibo collecting, it seems it's not too late. In fact, it might even be the best time to start.

Yeah. I mean, I really want Kirby, but I can't justify £14.99 for the most basic amiibo of them all. In the end I only walked out with Olimar.

Kirby is £10.99 on the Nintendo Store but you pay postage if your order is under £20. It's worth it if there's another amiibo that you want from the ones on the store.

Koren

If people were hesitant to start Amiibo collecting, it seems it's not too late. In fact, it might even be the best time to start.
I think the best solution was to start day 1 and not worry about missing ones, just waiting for restocks. Starting now can be tricky, I haven't seen a Pit or WFT since december, either in stores or online, even if I know they've been restocked in several places.

I'm not even sure Greninja has seen a restock...

I'm okay with Amiibos being tricky to find in stores, given the number of figures, but I wish they were easier to find online. And that their price would still be 12.99€... even if 14.99€ for recent ones is less "expensive" than 12.99€ for early figures.

Jofamo

I think the best solution was to start day 1 and not worry about missing ones, just waiting for restocks. Starting now can be tricky, I haven't seen a Pit or WFT since december, either in stores or online, even if I know they've been restocked in several places.

I'm not even sure Greninja has seen a restock...

I'm okay with Amiibos being tricky to find in stores, given the number of figures, but I wish they were easier to find online. And that their price would still be 12.99€... even if 14.99€ for recent ones is less "expensive" than 12.99€ for early figures.

Yeah, you're right. For everyone who was just collecting and didn't mind missing some while waiting for restocks, good on you!

For a while there though, it was very hard to see light at the end of the tunnel. Some of the waves earlier this year were almost impossible to secure on day 1, and at that point restocks didn't ever look like they were happening.

I'm really happy Nintendo got their production cranked up. While I'm still really tense about securing preorders for the upcoming wave, if the ZSS/Dark Pit/Palutena/Ganondorf and Olimar/DrMario/BowserJr waves are anything to go by, I'll have no trouble just walking into a store and casually picking up any I don't get online, which is a nice feeling.

sphinx

the piano man
I don't understand how can incredibly common amiibos in Germany like Pit and Toon link be so rare in UK,

I get it there's water separating us but FFS, Europe is tiny compared to America, there' should be amiibos for everyone here.

Top Bottom