• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

lewisgone

Yeah, Its just a shame that everywhere is now starting to think that £14.99 is the acceptable price. It used to only be £10 on amazon but now they even put their price up to GAME standards.

I'm no expert, but I'm hoping these reprints may have finally ended the high demand for many characters, and we'll see their prices go down as shelf space becomes an issue. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking. There's a few amiibo I want but for £15 I just won't buy them.

Yeah I'm not paying anything more than £15 with free delivery for Ness. Thats the most I've paid for any Amiibo so far.

I'll continue to keep an eye out then.

Kabanossi

Bought my first Amiibo. Couldn't resist the cuteness of a green Yarn Yoshi. A voice inside my head tells me that I should collect every Amiibo even though half of the characters aren't familiar to me. Anyway, I ordered the Mario Party 10 Amiibo -bundle for 39,90€. Maybe I'll just collect the Amiibos from the Mario-games. Yeah right...

Koren

I'm no expert, but I'm hoping these reprints may have finally ended the high demand for many characters, and we'll see their prices go down as shelf space becomes an issue. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.
I think so...

In fact, prices here went *up* for the last wave.

There were still a couple of places where you could find them for 12.99€ (9£) a couple months ago, although the most common price is 14.99€ (10.4£) but a video game shop I often use for Amiibos upped the price at 16.99€ (11.8£) for the Dr Mario / Bowser Jr / Olimar wave :/ . They also sell some imports or rare ones for 19.99€ (13.9£).

That's still cheaper than UK prices (that seems insane) but their prices are definitively on the rise.

Ikon

Bought my first Amiibo. Couldn't resist the cuteness of a green Yarn Yoshi. A voice inside my head tells me that I should collect every Amiibo even though half of the characters aren't familiar to me. Anyway, I ordered the Mario Party 10 Amiibo -bundle for 39,90€. Maybe I'll just collect the Amiibos from the Mario-games. Yeah right...
Welcome to the madness :)

Robin64

Looks like a pack of 3 in Europe after all.

CKcP0vBWwAAG6Z7.jpg:medium

Argos really better be wrong now.

Robin64

From now on, we shall call you Slow Joe.

But really, 3 cards and 1 is always "special"? I hope there are 33 special ones to make that ratio work, then, or we're going to be buying a lot of packs to finish the villagers while getting many special dupes.

JoeM86

From now on, we shall call you Slow Joe.

But really, 3 cards and 1 is always "special"? I hope there are 33 special ones to make that ratio work, then, or we're going to be buying a lot of packs to finish the villagers while getting many special dupes.

Based on this set list so far http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/edhj/amiibocard/index.html it looks like 17 special ones in Set 1

And I'm not slow, you got it because you follow my Twitter :p

Robin64

I do. And your 34 cards minimum, assuming equal rarity, isn't quite right. With 83 villager cards, of which you only get 2 per pack, you need at least 42 packs.

I really hope GAF trading for these kicks in.

MicH

Not really feeling those cards. 3 cards in a pack is too few. Definitely not buying any until I know for sure that Cheri is in

Really hope Argos are not selling the cards at £9.99 for a pack of three. That is messed up.
Is anyone on twitter able to ask someone from Nintendo about a price for these, would they even respond to that question?

lbs.

Shopto have the latest wave up!!!

Edit: To be clear....
Mii fighters, ROB, Duck Hunt, Mr G&W are all there to be preordered.

Forgive my edit, I'm at work ;p

MicH

God my wave 5B Amiibo today. They all look amazing. The difference in quality from the first wave to these later ones is staggering

cyba89

If there would be a real Animal Crossing game with card support or an update for New Leaf maybe I would buy one pack, but I have no interest in these spinoff games.

Robin64

Not going to touch the cards. Not even if there is a Mr. Resetti card. Nope. Go away.

Luckily there isn't a Mr. Ressetti card in Series 1.

(But I bet S2 will have one!)

If there would be a real Animal Crossing game with card support or an update for New Leaf maybe I would buy one pack, but I have no interest in these spinoff games.

My money's on these cards doing something in the next "real" Animal Crossing game too. The branding for them is just "Animal Crossing", after all, with no subtitles or anything.

Ikon

Luckily there isn't a Mr. Ressetti card in Series 1.

(But I bet S2 will have one!)
Really? But he's on the cover of the packs and all. Oh well, I can do without it and Isabelle and Mabel are getting full blown Amiibos so I'm safe. Safe I say!

Robin64

Haha, I'm blind. I checked there, I swear.

Wonder if when you invite him over he just tunnels up through the floor..

Bydobob

Last week's wave are all back in stock, including Olimar which strangely isn't listed in the amiibo category

Yep, had to do a double-take when my generic amiibo search returned a blank for Olimar. Glad to bag him at rrp price for a change.

Despicable opportunism going on charging 14.99 when you think about it. Hopefully the abundance of stock starts forcing outlets to rethink their pricing structure.

lewisgone

I would happily pick up a pick of Amiibo cards whenever I went into town for £2/£2.50 or so, but a pack of 3 is pretty poor. Should be a pack of 5 in my opinion, with the amount of cards that are going to be available + the price these things will likely be sold for.

Top Bottom