• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Chopper

These haven't been up on Game or Nintendo for pre-order yet, right?

Uch, I really don't want the Mii's, but I know I will - I've got every single other one so far.
Not yet. And I feel the same way about the Miis. It bothers me that, number-wise, they're gonna be in the middle of proper characters.

Actually, what characters are left, except Falco?

Robin64

Falco, Mewtwo, Lucas, Ryu, Roy

Maybe Male Wii Fit Trainer, Female Villager, Alph, and the Koopalings.. if they are feeling especially mean. (I doubt we'll get those)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Falco, Mewtwo, Lucas, Ryu, Roy

Maybe Male Wii Fit Trainer, Female Villager, Alph, and the Koopalings.. if they are feeling especially mean. (I doubt we'll get those)
I want this female Villager specificially (though technically I'd prefer new Villagers with the New Leaf proportions).

7NtRcP3.png

Koren

Not yet. And I feel the same way about the Miis. It bothers me that, number-wise, they're gonna be in the middle of proper characters.
I think the silver/gold repaints are worse than a couple of Miis.

Yes, we're nearing the end for Smash, but:
- 6 Smash Amiibos in september
- Falco
- 8 Animal Crossing (and cards T_T)
- 2 classic Mario
- about 5 unannounced Smash
- Chibi robot

This is already an expensive fall for completionnists...

Although I am gonna need a Waluigi amiibo at some point.
I'm actually surprised we haven't gotten the second Mario wave with e.g. Wario, Waluigi, Rosalina, Toadette, Daisy and Boo...

Chasloyal

Neo Member
Yodel had their once in a century coming up trumps day and delivered 2 Dr Mario, 2 Bowser Jr and 2 Olimar back in blighty yesterday. The mrs didn't get round to opening them up till the early hours this morning and five of them are damaged, like bent and creased with one Bowser Jr even having a tear in the card.

I did log a complaint on the Nintendo Store website but seeing it's run by that firm in Chesire nowadays I don't hold much hope of getting it resolved through that channel. Rang Nintendo customer services in Slough or wherever it is on Skype earlier and they're bang on the case. Asked me to mail them pics direct which I have done and assured me they will sort it out ASAP which I know they will. The fella I spoke to even admitted they get quite a lot of calls from disgruntled Ninty 'store' customers which doesn't surprise me in the slightest, Matthew Moulding's shabby operations don't keep getting bad press in consumer related media for no reason.

Yeah I am OCD about my Amiibo being in perfect condition but why shouldn't I be, I didn't get in to collecting them till March and was hooked straight away. I have now got every single figure, including gold n silver Mario from the States, and in many cases duplicates too to use in game apart from a couple of the Super Mario wave. When you buy something new you expect it to be perfect, if it isn't then it's the retailer's brief to sort it out.

Spades

ShopTo have the Super Mario Maker Amiibo bundle available for pre-order for £46.85, which I believe is a little cheaper than Game and Nintendo.

Chasloyal

Neo Member
ShopTo have the Super Mario Maker Amiibo bundle available for pre-order for £46.85, which I believe is a little cheaper than Game and Nintendo.

It will be available for pre-order at 49.99€ from Libro next week the woman in the shop told me yesterday. There's also a Treasure Tracker/Toad Amiibo bundle launching over here next week, bit late I know but not bad for 50 Euro if you ain't got it yet. Libro were the only place to have stock of all three different yarn Yoshi's online and in their high street stores the other week.

Not sure if they deliver to other EU countries though, I just go in to either of their two branches here in Eisenstadt seeing I live on the manor.

https://www.libro.at/games/wii-u/captain-toad-inkl-amiibo-toad.html

I don't suppose that anyone wants to buy a Bowser Jr, Olimar and Dr. Mario for £14.35 + shipping each? I forgot to cancel my Amazon pre-orders and I just saw that they've been sent out.

Chasloyal

Neo Member
I don't suppose that anyone wants to buy a Bowser Jr, Olimar and Dr. Mario for £14.35 + shipping each? I forgot to cancel my Amazon pre-orders and I just saw that they've been sent out.

Chances are they'll get whacked about in the post so back them to Amazon as damaged, they cover the return shipping and you get your dough back.....problem solved

Ikon

Olimar and Bowser Jr arrived today and I have to say they are among the best looking so far. Incredible. Makes me want to pick up Dr. Mario as well.

I fear for what will happen when they stop releasing amiibos I want. I think I might turn to other, far more expensive figures.

Min0

Olimar and Bowser Jr arrived today and I have to say they are among the best looking so far. Incredible. Makes me want to pick up Dr. Mario as well.

I fear for what will happen when they stop releasing amiibos I want. I think I might turn to other, far more expensive figures.

I agree, received Olimar today and it looks simply amazing. The only thing that bothers me is that the figurine itself is a little unstable.
It's like the clear stand was not glued properly to the base and the figure wobbles a bit as a result. Is that your case as well?

You might want to take a look in to Nendoroids then.

Ikon

I agree, received Olimar today and it looks simply amazing. The only thing that bothers me is that the figurine itself is a little unstable.
It's like the clear stand was not glued properly to the base and the figure wobbles a bit as a result. Is that your case as well?
I actually haven't had time to open it yet. I'm going to go on a binge and open the last 12 or so I've bought this weekend. Will get back to you.

You might want to take a look in to Nendoroids then.
I already have two of those but for the most part they seem to be making figures of anime characters I've never even heard of (and I do watch quite a bit of anime). Still though, I think I'll get Darth Vader and Storm Trooper to go with my Batman and Tachikoma.

At least you usually don't want to buy half a dozen (or far more) each month...
God I hope you're right! My poor wallet...damn you amiibos for starting this!

Chasloyal

Neo Member
Just thought I'd give this mob a mention in here, came across them last week, based in Adelaide, Oz. I sifted through all the Amiibo listed in their shop and they had bundles, including the Splatoon 3 packs for about 35 quid delivered I did notice. Strange set up with the same figures having slightly different prices in different listings, then some with free shipping and others costing less but with shipping costs on top.

Anyway I got Super Mario Peach for £8.68 and Super Mario Bowser for £10.66 shipping included, bought them last Friday and the postie just delivered them. Shipped in sturdy boxes with bundles of polystyrene chips inside, from the wilds of Australia to the far east of rural Austria in 7 days is mighty impressive, and the two figures are absolutely immaculate so top notch service.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/beatthebomb_au?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

mclem

Toon link is available on Amazon but its almost 20 quid. >.<

Don't wanna pay that much.

Speaking of which, Toon Link seems to have vanished from Nintendo's store. Not that it was in stock, but now there's not even an entry for it.

I already have two of those but for the most part they seem to be making figures of anime characters I've never even heard of (and I do watch quite a bit of anime). Still though, I think I'll get Darth Vader and Storm Trooper to go with my Batman and Tachikoma.

I only have the snake one but they are also releasing a Raiden one that looks cool. The Link and Persona ones also look quite lovely. On the anime side the Death Note and Attack on titan ones look nice to me :)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The Olimar amiibo is fantastic. I didn't even realise the yellow Pikmin was on there, I was expecting just red and blue. Probably the best looking so far.

mclem

The Olimar amiibo is fantastic. I didn't even realise the yellow Pikmin was on there, I was expecting just red and blue. Probably the best looking so far.

I think they've improved in quality as the demand and profitability of the line has become apparent, the last few waves have struck me as significantly better than the first few.

Although I guess there's only so much you can do with Kirby.

Got Bowser Jr. in the mail today from GAME. I had it preordered there just in case, except it's at the 14.99 pricepoint and I was going to cancel it if I found it cheaper, but it's sold out everywhere else at the moment :(

Gonna hold off on opening him up in case I see him cheaper elsewhere and then return this one. I hate this new pricepoint though. I think GAME must have monopolied the stock available or something because when I went into a store a couple of weeks ago they had all of the latest wave still available and assorted other ones as well, and they were the first store hiking the price up to £15. I'm guessing they have most of the amiibo stock and have got away with putting the price up and that's why other places followed suit.

Ah well. If anyone sees Bowser Jr for like 10.99 please hmu. I'm gonna go check my local Toys R Us at some point.

EmiPrime

The gulf in quality between Link and Olimar is really striking. More than any other amiibo I wish Link would get a few tweaks as part of a reprint.

Robin64

The gulf in quality between Link and Olimar is really striking. More than any other amiibo I wish Link would get a few tweaks as part of a reprint.

Link is my most hated amiibo. I love Link and the Zelda series in general, so it hurts even more. That piss yellow stand *and* the weird pose facing down.. Blech. I try and keep him hidden a bit.

klark

Neo Member
Of course Zavvi have failed completely with my pre-order for this waves amiibo's. They have not got any from their supplier and are trying from a different supplier (even though its the same company that runs the Nintendo UK store).

So the lesson is to never put your faith in Zavvi even if they may have been fine for one particular wave..

Highwind

Walked into my GAME today.

Christ.

I saw Dark Pit, Palutena, Marth, Ike, Robin, Charizard, Dr Mario, Bowser Jr.

Multiple copies even. Couldn't believe it.

krumble

Just picked up dr mario and olimar from game hamleys

Are you fucking kidding me.. They are now trying to scare customers into buying extra care on amiibos? In case they break? Wtf?

Was very convincing seeing the guy read the script from the screen about "how they noticed in the latest shipment some figures were damaged/delicate"...

Obviously politely declined and left with my figures...

Ikon

Just picked up dr mario and olimar from game hamleys

Are you fucking kidding me.. They are now trying to scare customers into buying extra care on amiibos? In case they break? Wtf?

Was very convincing seeing the guy read the script from the screen about "how they noticed in the latest shipment some figures were damaged/delicate"...

Obviously politely declined and left with my figures...
What was even the deal? Get your money back in case it breaks? Not like it's sure that they would be able to conjure up a new copy of a rare in a few months time.

Top Bottom