• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Looking at it, I feel sorry for anyone in America who wants to buy Amiibo, they gotta deal with retailer exclusives, local stores not stocking enough, scalpers getting hold of what's available, waves coming out later than over here. We're pretty lucky in comparison.

JoeM86

Looking at it, I feel sorry for anyone in America who wants to buy Amiibo, they gotta deal with retailer exclusives, local stores not stocking enough, scalpers getting hold of what's available, waves coming out later than over here. We're pretty lucky in comparison.

Indeed. Especially as now we can essentially walk into most stores that stock amiibo and get the latest wave with no issues.

EmiPrime

Bowser Jr, Olimar and Dr Mario will be with us this week meanwhile in the US Palutena gets announced as another retailer exclusive. Poor sods.

Min0

I'm glad that Bowser Jr. and Olimar look good. Those are the two I ordered from this wave.
Still waiting for the dispatch though.

mclem

What does that have to do with the Amazon UK announcement? Was this not EU related?!

There was no UK announcement, it seems. I noticed that upthread:

Wait. I've just looked over this again, and looked into AmazonJosh, and I see no mention of it being a UK thing. Looks like the US. Which, if nothing else, throws my silver/gold mario theories out the window.

Spades

As far as I know, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer is released in Japan in a few weeks. Has there been any word on Amiibo card pack prices over there that I've missed?

All I've seen so far are these card albums on Play-Asia:

amiibo-card-mini-album-418403.1.jpg

Edit - Looks like they will stock the card packs also, but no price yet:

doubutsu-no-mori-amiibo-card-vol-1-414209.4.jpg

JoeM86

As far as I know, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer is released in Japan in a few weeks. Has there been any word on Amiibo card pack prices over there that I've missed?

All I've seen so far are these card albums on Play-Asia:

amiibo-card-mini-album-418403.1.jpg

Edit - Looks like they will stock the card packs also, but no price yet:

doubutsu-no-mori-amiibo-card-vol-1-414209.4.jpg

Packs are 300 Yen a piece. 3 cards in each.

Our packs will have 6 cards though

This thread is going to turn in to a schoolyard playground as soon as those cards are released.

Got, Got, Got , OH NEED!! I'll trade you 4 regular Tom Nook's for a Shiny.

Fun times ahead :)

Koren

I hope I'll be able to avoid collecting those cards.

On another side, Ness can be found for retail price on FNAC (at least on the french website, but beware, the first offer is an expensive, third-party one, not the FNAC offer at 14.99€)

TheMoon

Curiously, amazon.de already shipped Olimar today. They never ship amiibo this early. More curiously, they didn't ship either of the other two, one of them in the same first-batch order and the other one just placed this week.

Semajer

Have the post-Dr. Mario wave amiibos been put up for preorder anywhere yet? Do we have any idea about the Gold or Silver Mario getting a Europe release yet?

Koren

Have the post-Dr. Mario wave amiibos been put up for preorder anywhere yet?
Yes, preorders were opened for the september wave at the end of june on Amazon.fr and last week on Amazon.de (not sure for Amazon.it, but they've been listed for a week). A couple of other shops, too.

Do we have any idea about the Gold or Silver Mario getting a Europe release yet?
I don't think so...

Semajer

Yes, preorders were opened for the september wave at the end of june on Amazon.fr and last week on Amazon.de (not sure for Amazon.it, but they've been listed for a week). A couple of other shops, too.

I don't think so...

Okay, thanks. I had better be on the lookout for the preorders opening up on the sites I usually use.

TheMoon

Gold and Silver Mario are still NA and AU exclusive with no sign of them reaching Japan or EU so far. I bet it's just a matter of time, though.

Chasloyal

Neo Member
Have the post-Dr. Mario wave amiibos been put up for preorder anywhere yet? Do we have any idea about the Gold or Silver Mario getting a Europe release yet?

The silver Mario don't work out much over 15 quid from amazon.com, well if you order it with another item anyway, I recommend a pre-order which you cancel a wee while afterwards.

Funnily enough I've had two arrived in damaged packaging now and my second replacement got shipped today. The added bonus is because the return postage in general is so pricy they let you keep more gear than what the local retailers do, obviously. That's exactly what's happened on this occasion so it's a case of buy one get two free, superb value!

¥2,490? Nah...

Amiami will probably be much cheaper, but they close orders pretty damn fast. May even get stung with customs/their shipping may cost more (not used them in years).

After conversion, £16 (I had some points for nin-nin) isn't too bad. I'll think more along the lines of "at least I've paid retail for every other amiibo".

Spades

45 - Mr Game & Watch
46 - R.O.B.
47 - Duck Hunt Duo
48 - Mii Brawler
49 - Mii Swordfighter
50 - Mii Gunner

These haven't been up on Game or Nintendo for pre-order yet, right?

Uch, I really don't want the Mii's, but I know I will - I've got every single other one so far.

Top Bottom