• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Spades

Super-sized Yoshi is fucking dumb.

CNLFfyNWgAAgxfx.jpg

No reason for this to be an Amiibo at all.

Robin64

Yeah, the Mega Yarn Yoshi is silly. It's not even as cute as the small ones. I expect it functions exactly as a Green Yarn Yoshi too, I can't see them letting you summon a Mega Yoshi on each stage, haha.

At least we have dates now for remaining stuff.

CNLIw4MWwAAWd8n.png:small

Wait, where's Mewtwo? Or do we have that date?

Flintty

Just walked into a Game shop and they have four Shulks just sitting there brazen as fuck. I almost panic bought one but I think I'll wait to get him cheaper from Nintendo. Surely they'll restock him?

Or do I just do it? Arghh!

Just walked into a Game shop and they have four Shulks just sitting there brazen as fuck. I almost panic bought one but I think I'll wait to get him cheaper from Nintendo. Surely they'll restock him?

Or do I just do it? Arghh!

I honestly believe that they will restock him for decmeber, either on its own but more believably in a bundle with XC3d. If you really want him, i would suggest buying him now though.

Would've posted this earlier but I was temp banned. I did actually buy 5 packs of JPN cards.

Feel free to ask any questions about these.

I think the main one is:
Are they worth it?

Well, seeing stuff like this:
Japan: £0.62
America: £0.64
UK: £1.95

Hell no. I'm gonna be honest. I'm a huge fan of Animal Crossing and Amiibos, but this is really hard to justify the price. What's more is that they are random. I'm sure there'll be trading sessions happening here but it could be a lot better for collecting these cards, especially since there are going to be hundreds of these.

Also, don't import from japan if you're looking to get English cards.

I actually have £80 on Amazon right now, so if they could match the price.. 22 packs!

(No, I wouldn't actually spent it on that. Would I...?)

At most I'd say grab 2 or 3 pack to see what they're like and to say you have some.

Koren

I may be interested into getting the villagers I've hosted in my villages... at best.

I've never allowed anyone to leave yet, so it's a short list, even taken account all games (although I'm not sure I can remember all of them, which is even better ^_^ )

Jofamo

Just to note that Amazon UK dropped the price of the Amiibo Animal Crossing cards to £4.85

That's still a good £1.35 dearer than the Nintendo UK store though, which is significant.

To follow up on my previous post, I actually managed to get Amazon to price match the cards at £3.49 from Nintendo UK. I scored 6 packs at that price from Amazon, but they said that was only an exception and that they wouldn't drop the regular price of the cards to match.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well that's nice. The final two Amiibos (G&W and ROB) that I wanted from the Smash line (of what we've seen) ordered with no fuss. I seem to have been lucky with Amiibos. Not really sought after them and the few I've wanted I've managed to get for RRP (or less since the Splatoon triple pack was a Japanese import that came to £15) with no trouble.

JoeM86

I'm actually running out of space for amiibo. After this batch, at least I just have Mewtwo left that I want to get. Phewph.

I have every single Amiibo up until this point. However, all of a sudden I feel like a responsible adult who wants to save money and have no interest in getting the rest :/ £70 for 6 more amiibo and it still doesn't end... I think I'm done. It's a shame because rob, game and watch and duck hunt look so cool. I really should just complete the collection and never splash on anything like this again but with the mega yoshi and more amiibo to come it's still not too late to quit. What to do? What will I do with the amiibo I already have? Decisions decisions.

JoeM86

I have every single Amiibo up until this point. However, all of a sudden I feel like a responsible adult who wants to save money and have no interest in getting the rest :/ £70 for 6 more amiibo and it still doesn't end... I think I'm done. It's a shame because rob, game and watch and duck hunt look so cool. I really should just complete the collection and never splash on anything like this again but with the mega yoshi and more amiibo to come it's still not too late to quit. What to do? What will I do with the amiibo I already have? Decisions decisions.

The Smash collection is almost done. Just finish that and don't start any others :)

Porcile

Hell yeah. Glad I managed to get Duck Hunt. He's one of the Amiibo's I wanted from the start. Only Lucas left now and I'll have all the Amiibo's I wanted from the Smash line. The rest are bonuses. Thought I'd grab Game and Watch as well if only because he's so unique.

JonnyKong

Wow I'm surprised they haven't sold out already. I'm glad we're getting to the end of the Smash range, I need to calm down.

But then I want those Animal Crossing figures *sigh*

JoeM86

well with pokemon's 20th anniversary next year, i wouldn't rule out a pokemon collection featuring many favourites as well as the ones from pokken. I really would love a Flygon or Ampharos amiibo!

Why do you hate me? :(

At least my site's amiibo section would get a lot of work haha

JoeM86

They should just put NFC chips in the TCG cards. If they don't I'm gonna be extremely disappointed

That'd alter the shape and size of the TCG cards which is a big no-no for the cards. Animal Crossing cards have a raised part where the NFC chip is. They have to be uniform else players would be able to know what card is what.

It's not like the e-Reader where they could just print the codes and take up a bit of real estate on the front.

Flintty

Got my order in for the three new characters. I'm not bothering with the Mii's. Just a handful left and I'll have the complete Smash collection. Calling it a day there.

Top Bottom