• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Robin64

Specific villagers will be rarer than specific Specials, purely due to the ratios, but no villager should be rarer than any other.

Chopper

Specific villagers will be rarer than specific Specials, purely due to the ratios, but no villager should be rarer than any other.
And are you guarenteed to get a special character in a pack? I'm just trying to establish if you can cap the amount of cash your willing to spend on 100 cards, and ensure obtaining each character through trading.

Robin64

Yeah, you will always get 1 special and 2 villagers. So in theory, and with huge luck, you get all the specials with 17 packs and only have 34 villagers.

Chopper

Yeah, you will always get 1 special and 2 villagers. So in theory, and with huge luck, you get all the specials with 17 packs and only have 34 villagers.
Which totally skews how much you would need to spend on packs of 3. There'll be an abundance of "specials" on the trading scene. Super lame.

Junahu

Ooh, the GamesCom display has Mewtwo.
5FhXnzS.jpg
I need that display.

Right now I just have the Amiibo standing in their plastic shells (with the backs removed) bundled up in a remote corner of my gameroom. I don't want to invest in a case, or a shelf, or some gimmicky stands, until I have an idea of how many Amiibo will be released alltogether.
It would be awful to buy a display, only for it to not have enough room to fit new Amiibo in

RiggyRob

I need that display.

Right now I just have the Amiibo standing in their plastic shells (with the backs removed) bundled up in a remote corner of my gameroom. I don't want to invest in a case, or a shelf, or some gimmicky stands, until I have an idea of how many Amiibo will be released alltogether.
It would be awful to buy a display, only for it to not have enough room to fit new Amiibo in

Hundreds, and that's not including the Amiibo cards.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Buy standard shelves and just compartment them into groups like all the Smash Bros ones together, all the Animal Crossing ones etc. If you're waiting for the end of the whole Amiibo line then you'll be waiting a long time. Don't see Nintendo dropping this venture any time soon.

JoeM86

For the Animal Crossing cards, in addition to Amazon's £6.26:

ShopTo added the cards at £5.85
GAME added at £4.99 or £12.99 for 3 packs

That's a horrific markup. Japan gets them for 300 Yen which is equivalent of £1.55. ShopTo is almost 4 times that. Amazon is 4 times that. GAME is just over 3 times that.

I'd understand and accept it being at £3 a pack due to rip-off Britain, but this is ridiculous

JonnyKong

It's both ridiculous and depressing :( there's no way I can possibly afford to complete the entire book/album thing if the prices are going to be like that. Hopefully the prices will come down pretty sharpish if not many people buy them at these shocking prices.

Robin64

Heh, indeed. Though unlike regular amiibo, will have to put up with localisation differences. Might still be worth it though.

Porcile

I don't understand why it's impossible to change your payment details after making an order on the Nintendo store. I wan't to change my Super Mario Maker w/Amiibo order from my debit card to my credit card but you can't actually do it.

TheMoon

I don't understand why it's impossible to change your payment details after making an order on the Nintendo store. I wan't to change my Super Mario Maker w/Amiibo order from my debit card to my credit card but you can't actually do it.

Because it's run by TheHut Group and all their stores work like that.

Literally no one with an ounce of sense will buy those cards at that price. However I doubt it will stay that way since Nintendo will probably notice shit sales in a day after they're out and realise the markup. Well at least, that's what I'd hope would happen...

Nope, they will probably still sell out. As much as I want to buy and collect them, I can not buy at that price.

Spades

I wonder what the Skylanders DK and Bowser are going to be boxed like. I assume they'll be in a Skylanders box rather than an Amiibo box, but you never know (they work as both, right?).

I wonder what the Skylanders DK and Bowser are going to be boxed like. I assume they'll be in a Skylanders box rather than an Amiibo box, but you never know (they work as both, right?).

currently, they are only being sold as part of the Game Starter p-ack for wii/wiiu/3ds. If you see the pictures for those, THATS what it will be packaged like.

There is currently no seperate versions going to be sold.

Went to my local TRU today as I wanted to pick up a Charizard. There were no Charizards this time round, but there was last time, but instead picked up Greninja since Charizard wouldn't fit as well on my display anyway, and he's priced higher than Charizard usually. I don't see 'zard being toooo hard to find if I want him a later date.

What was even more shocking was that for the first time ever I saw Rosalina(s) out on the displays also, at normalish RRP. I already went with the import route months ago, but yeah, if anyone needs a Rosalina and wants me to pick them one up HMU.

They also had Robin, Toad, and Lucina as well I think. But yeah, finally, Rosalina in stock, and at a reasonable price.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Surely 50 would be more fitting? [One hundred and] 51 is Mew's number after all.

Also funny that the alts and DLC all seem to be positioned in a way to work better with Amiibos (standing on two feet etc) and yet Mewtwo still ends up with a support.

Failed clone indeed.

ramparter

Banned
On October 2nd, a special folder will come out that contains slots for all 100 Animal Crossing cards from Series 1. Don't know if there will be folders for Series 2 through 4 but wouldn't be surprised

niiG3jF.jpg
Lol this is just Animal Crossing. Imagine the Super Mario or Pokemon album.

TheMoon

Surely 50 would be more fitting? [One hundred and] 51 is Mew's number after all.

Also funny that the alts and DLC all seem to be positioned in a way to work better with Amiibos (standing on two feet etc) and yet Mewtwo still ends up with a support.

Failed clone indeed.

It's a character standing on two thin and somewhat long legs. There's really no way around it.

JonnyKong

I've just read that Walmart will be selling a pack of six! Animal Crossing cards for 5 dollars, which is what, 3 quid ish for us? We are fucked here in the UK it seems.

Robin64

£3.84 with VAT.

Yeah, we're getting royally shafted with this one.

So the price of a single card.. roughly..

Japan: £0.62
America: £0.64
UK: £1.95

(Using ShopTo's price for here of £5.86)

It would be really funny if Europe had stacks of cards unsold, whilst NA and japan keep selling out. Maybe then they would change their strategy for the second wave

its funny how in less than a year Nintendo has created great hype for amiibo and then destroyed said hype by flooding the market with so many amiibo and now these cards

Top Bottom