• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Robin64

The game is 100% complete without the cards though

Yeah, it is (aside from building houses for special villagers), but it's soured me on the whole thing. It's more the principle of the thing and how I feel about the overall package now.

JonnyKong

I'm still going to buy the game and a few packs at first because it looks like a lot of fun, but if I see after a month or so the prices for the cards aren't coming down then they can frankly go swivel. I'd love to complete that gorgeous looking album, but I also need to not be stupid with my money.

JonnyKong

I've ordered the game and three packs. 9 cards for just over a tenner is, reasonable I guess.

Still annoyed about the album though.

Robin64

Yeah, I think the game and three packs is where I am at too. And if stocks remain good, two or three packs a month.

Where's the album though?

Edit: I also don't need the NFC reader, isn't there an option without to make it cheaper?

Yeah, but im getting mines from amazon.es since you get both the game AND a pack of cards for £25

I will only want to by cards from nintendo, so i would have to by 6 packets to make sure there are no delivery charges.

Chopper

Still not getting involved. Once you've got all the "special" cards, each pack is only gonna consist of two useful cards, and you'll have a whole load of special doubles to try and trade for obscure villagers. Good luck with that!

Robin64

Still not getting involved. Once you've got all the "special" cards, each pack is only gonna consist of two useful cards, and you'll have a whole load of special doubles to try and trade for obscure villagers. Good luck with that!

Yep, indeed, it totally sucks if you want to collect them all. So I'm going in with the mindset that I will be happy enough with just a few packs.

JonnyKong

I got confused cos it didn't say in the listing that the art book is included, but if it definitely is then I might switch my order over to Game from Shopto.

Jofamo

Hopefully Amazon UK price match those cards, now that Nintendo UK have set their prices. They're usually on the ball about competitors like that, but I might sent an email about it in any case.

I have a £25 Amazon gift card to use, so I'd love to splurge on some packets.

Robin64

I actually have £80 on Amazon right now, so if they could match the price.. 22 packs!

(No, I wouldn't actually spent it on that. Would I...?)

Robin64

Just a very early look of something I'm trying to put together for GAF..

nIYWB77.png

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I've been out of the Amiibo loop since wave 4, but I checked out the all the waves since april and lawd, I still want/need Charizard/Ganondorf/Olimar/Zero Suit Samus/Dr Mario and Bowser Jr. A whole lot of cool ones released while I wasn't looking :/ Guessing most of these have become hard to find as well.

Looks cool. If you finish it, it should be an awesome tool for the community. Will you be adding the figures too, even if only to show what people have/want, not necessarily want to trade?

Spades

A new device shipping later this week will allow Amiibo owners to upload character data from other users onto their figures.

The Amiiqo is primarily being sold as a backup device for Amiibos. This is potentially useful as each figure is only able to hold the data for one game at a time, although that doesn’t prevent them being recognised by any compatible title.

However, Eurogamer reports that Amiiqo will also be able to upload character data obtained from other users on the internet. Via this method users will be able to access extra content already unlocked on whatever profile they have uploaded.

It will even allow figures to trick games into thinking they are other figures that the user doesn’t actually own.

Amiiqo is currently available to pre-order for £49.75 and comes pre-loaded with the data for ten figures. Up to 200 figures can be stored in total. Users will need an NFC-equipped Android device to operate it.

092abdc57d0c02171ee72ee4578df4aa.jpg

The Action Replay device already exists, but what makes this one interesting is that it is claimed you can emulate any existing Amiibo without actually owning it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...evice-tricks-wii-u-with-data-for-any-figurine

Koren

I'm actually surprised it took a year... As far as I know from people who looked into the tech, it's standard NFC without encryption and without unique ID.

I can see Nintendo trying to take action against the sale of such a product, though.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Grabbed Olimar and Dr Mario today. Man, Olimar is definitely one of my favorites. His strut, the Pikmin, the detail on his suit... Just a great figure. My wishlist is reduced to Charizard, Ganondorf and Dedede.

Top 5 of my collection:
1) Bowser (SSB edition)
2) Toon Link
3) Olimar
4) Pit
5) Mega Man

jeffers

I'm actually surprised it took a year... As far as I know from people who looked into the tech, it's standard NFC without encryption and without unique ID.

I can see Nintendo trying to take action against the sale of such a product, though.
Yeah it seems to be nothing special, surprised no one made an app for it.

jeffers

Apparently, spoofing the protocol Nintendo used (Mira) is hard, especially with the NFC used in a phone which uses a completely different technology.
Ah thought it was probably protocol, guess you do need an external device then. At some point I really should see the differences in standards (was thinking of trying to get the reader cheap and hack to work with PC - but if not compatible with phones not so much point)

Porcile

I wanna buy some new 'Bo's, but I have to wait until my next credit card bill comes through. Hopefully Doc and Olimar will still be around.

Really wanna preorder Falco, Ryu and Mewtwo but not on wasteman sites like Game or Shopto. Come on Nintendo Store, hurry up, take my coins.

Koren

This month without Amiibo hunting is a welcomed rest...

A spanish website has listed a Shovel Knight Amiibo. Take it with all the salt from the dead sea, I doubt it's legit, but we never know...

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
This month without Amiibo hunting is a welcomed rest...

A spanish website has listed a Shovel Knight Amiibo. Take it with all the salt from the dead sea, I doubt it's legit, but we never know...

It's not

8gnn8Ho.png

Meta Knight was up at a local store, so I nabbed it. Another great looking figure. And amazon.de have Charizard and Dedede at normal prices... both bought.

Top Bottom