• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

If Cons fail to reach the 326 majority what happens? Do they [Cons] get to pick who to form a coalition with or does it go to Labour and whoever they [Labour] decide to form a government with?

Tories would get the first opportunity, and could probably get the DUP onside very easily.

mo60

The view that the left shouldnt go all the way is dead now. I hope liberals learn from this.

Btw, WHERE IS MY BOY BLAIR UH!?

I think the lesson some people need to learn from this election result if it is accurate is for a governing party not to call a snap election way before they should have. Corbyn has done way better then I expected.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
It's certainly entertaining watching this in stunning HD on at 120 inch projector screen whilst drinking vodka a cokes. It's a pity I've got work tomorrow.

There's arguments to be made that a more competent leader would have won against May instead of merely forcing a hung parliament (assuming the exit polls are correct).

Considering people were lauding May's early call for election a masterstroke and Labour dead in the water just a few short months ago, I don't think there's much more Corbyn could have done to turn things around more than he already has.

Of course, May helped by being absolutely horrendous at campaigning.

Mimosa97

BBcC Holodeck

AaKAVYL.gif

That's one hell of a 3D display. Taxpayer money well spent.

BBC masterrace

Watching TV with my sister. This is her first election, and if it actually turns out good for Labour, she's gonna feel vindicated as fuck.

Mr Git

So exit poll is looking like many's realistic hope result - May not swooping in for a majority is delicious. Won't get too excited yet but I've a bottle of Kraken, some beers and a lot of smokes.

Audioboxer

Angus and Salmond are both fucked!

I guess Scotland's remain voters are making it clear they'll take Brexit over risking leaving the Union.

It's fucking glorious.

I'd argue the entirely fucking venomous campaign by them and other papers (13 anti Corbyn articles yesterday) actually helped Labour

The UK are sometimes easily lead but many, many of us are good people.

Please let tonight shine some hope.

I agree. I think a lot of people are sick of transparent character attack politics. People want hope not fear mongering.

8bit

Knows the Score
Wow I really can't imagine the SNP will drop more than 20 seats. That seems insane. 10 at most... So I hope that exit poll is wrong on that count but if it is it's wrong in the best way possible.

Supposedly only 10 seats were exit polled in Scotland. so /shruggie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom