• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Andrea leadsom should've been the conservatives leader from the get go.

I think labour are being pessimistic so they don't look silly. But I believe the hype!!!!!!

Uzzy

As an American, perhaps I have a bad read on the UKIP, but how are the Conservatives failing to capture all of that party's loss?

There's quite a few of them who were Labour voters who view voting Tory as worse than crossing the picket line. Others are probably kippers for life.

So if I'm to understand Boxer's take, it's that indyref2 will happen, but the exit polls for SNP suggest the result will be Remain in the UK.
They suggest nothing because too many factors will change before indyref2 happens, and as we've seen this election, things can change in days never mind years.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
LibDempress
We are getting a lot of calls so just to be clear: No Coalition. No deals.
https://twitter.com/LibDemPress/status/872935171414249473

I don't understand this. Yes, being in coalition fucked them, but what have they got to lose?

I don't understand why they still exist. Just join Labour. If coalition is not an option and you'll never win then why bother. Politics is pointless if you don't win.

Obviously the real reason they say this is because they won't be asked. They can't join tories because of brexit and the coalition. Cant join Labour because the numbers - unless vastly underrepresented - are too low to be plausible.

Izuna

Banned
This is just something parties say until it becomes clear a deal would get them into government, right?

No, it's what we were sure about going in.

I don't understand this. Yes, being in coalition fucked them, but what have they got to lose?

I don't understand why they still exist. Just join Labour. If coalition is not an option and you'll never win then why bother. Politics is pointless if you don't win.

Not true at all. Labour and Lib Dems think very different on a very important aspect of current politics, Brexit

kiyomi

Neutral to liberal bias.

Eh. Would argue that they've treated Corbyn pretty piss-poor this election and their chief political editor Keunssberg is the biggest reason for that.

Definitely wouldn't say the BBC has that air of neutrality/liberal bias around them that they used to.

nOoblet16

LibDempress
We are getting a lot of calls so just to be clear: No Coalition. No deals.
https://twitter.com/LibDemPress/status/872935171414249473
Well good for them. Perhaps they'll enjoy a Tory government and being irrelevant, more than doing a deal to get some power and get the Tories out.

What's the point of their existence if they aren't going to make a deal for a coalition, there was, is and going to be 0 chance they end up winning it on their own.

Okay, here goes: I predict 329 for Conservatives, and 246 for Labour. Ass pull numbers, but this will trickle out to a Conservative majority.

mo60

Copeland and Barrow back to Labour.

BBC sources. Youth turnout bigger.

I had a feeling copeland was probably going to flip back looking at electoral calculus yesterdat. The tories won Copeland by like 7% in the feburary byelection when they were polling well above landslide territory nationally. If they started polling under 10% nationally copeland was probably going to swing back.

This is just something parties say until it becomes clear a deal would get them into government, right?

Yes.

If Lib dems made gains and refused to assist in toppling the Tories then they'd be crucified far more than the coalition stuff.

They'd be fucking nonexistent.

kmag

More SLAB news.

Apparently East Ren may go Labour. Also doing well in Rutherglen & Hamilton West, and Coatbridge & Chryston, apparently. The last two are bit more dubious.

PJV3

Give your votes on a case by case basis, get what you want without putting your name to the rest of it.

Xieldos

Don't think the SNP result changes much as far as IndyRef2 is concerned. I think a lot of SNP votes went back to Labour (perhaps allowing Tories to win in some areas). Interesting times ahead north and south of the border though, that's for sure.

oti

Banned
Damn reading this thread is like the Trump election night thread. Hope shattered.

This is like when on Bake Off they have to bake something with ginger bread and at the beginning they're planning those intricate statues or buildings and you think this will be a disaster and at the end it looks amazing and you're really happy but then when they walk to the judges a ginger bread window breaks off which is a shame but you're still happy it looks as great as it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom