• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Still worried, tories strength always surprises me, despite labour being SO STRONG on social media and even now in exit polls tories always find a way to smash it.

avaya

As a londoner working in the financial services. Leadsom knows her stuff (financially). VERY different to May.

You are actually joking? Leadsom is a fucking clown. She just worked in the city and had friends in the city but not actually in finance, she doesn't know shit.

Leadsom is a genuine mental.

RocknRola

So, how's this going guys? Will things remain (more or less) as they currently are or will there be any significant change?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
the swings in sunderland and newcastle match the yougov model estimate for those two seats which has a hung parliament overall too (tories 302, labour 269)

https://yougov.co.uk/uk-general-election-2017/

That's what I was noticing. People are assuming all constituencies will move the same way as the national average. That's not the case. Two constituencies, both in the North, both non-marginals, are not going to look like the key Midlands marginals we're interested in.

offshore

The real shame about Amber Rudd - if she loses her seat - is how she became so utterly subservient to Theresa May in the aftermath of the Brexit result.

Protome

the swings in sunderland and newcastle match the yougov model estimate for those two seats which has a hung parliament overall too (tories 302, labour 269)

I'd love that. Yougov and Survation are already vindicated by at least being way closer to the exit polls than the other polls were, if Yougov nails the final result that'd be magical.
Also I don't want to see SNP collapse that much :(

tomtom94

after the hassle with the polling in 2015, im pretty sure they are much more accurate now

The political climate is very different from two years ago though - the main two parties are back to having something like 80% of the total vote. That's where the discrepancies might creep in.

Ok 50 Quid on Corbyn as next PM at 5/1

Coalition of Chaos: Assemble!

Let's do this.

XGUw0DK.png

Do you hate money?

Very true...

but our friend Spaced Harrier has just burned his own money lol.

Could've bought some food from ALL the fast food joints mentioned earlier and still had a bit left over for some cans of Tennents Super.

better off spending that on a decent bag of beak

I bet £75 on May. £90 back or Torres out. Either way I can’t lose.

Jeez. I just put a fiver on and think that was a waste of money

Come on you beauty Corbyn. You can do it.

Dougald

labour vote shares in those two seats:

63% est in newcastle central - 65 in reality
56% est in sunderland & houghton - 59.5 in reality

This model actually has Reading East leaning towards Labour. My brother in law has been hitting the pavement delivering leaflets for them there for weeks, he would be over the moon.

I would be surprised to see it switch though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom