• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
q2IyP.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
8000 words?

mickey mouse course

I only had to do 1500 essays mostly for the business side of my course. The comp sci was mostly exercises and coding. Of course my dissertation was pretty long, but that had no limit so I never bothered counting the words.

Nice day for rain today chaps.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
kentpaul, stop fucking up the thread with BF videos. You should post the ones of you rapping to Eminem. They're way better

Dude battlefield 3 is the best game ever made AND the best game that WILL ever be made.

Gaming was invented just for battlefield 3.

Kentpaul

That's an odd way to spell Llamatron.

You ruined your childhood. I was playing this when you were playing that

this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSFOcTtYPrA

Of work till like tuesday guys and i heard my shifts will go back to normal. I ain't had a good pub burger in like 2 weeks because of the lacking cash.

Who wants to meet up in blackpool for a night to make party. we will all make wild party.

Kentpaul

lol my friend went into town to buy BF3 from gamestaion and they don't stock it for the pc (hope everyone loses there jobs who work there lol fucking excuse of a shop)

then my friend went down to tesco and bought the game with no problem.

TCRS

Banned
It's the thread for everything and anything. We discuss games, drugs, jobs, meadows gf etc. Only for UK/ROI gaffers though.

Same here, it's all gone a bit weird. I just come in to rant and get things off my chest now.

So I got fed up of waiting for the recruitment agency to find me something and thought I'd take matters in to my own hands. Yesterday I registered with the Reed website and scrolled through the property accounts roles around my pay bracket and applied for 6 or so.

By this morning I'd had 3 futher recruitment agencies call me, and I've arranged meetings with 2 of them. Now I've just had a call from the first agency saying they have an interview for a job for me tomorrow lunchtime. Only problem is it's for the same sort of thing I'm doing now, and I'm not sure I want to do this any more. But my working life has become almost unbearable now so the sooner I get out of here the better.

I guess I'll go to the interview and see what the people and company are like, I can always turn it down if it's not for me.

Still, I'm happy things are finally moving!

daviyoung

Banned

Uh oh. I wouldn't recommend Reed to anyone. I've hired a few agency staff from there and no-one was happy with them or how they treated their workers. Good for foot-in-the-door so long as your temp company is capable of hiring internally, but as an external agency they're pretty bad.

Meadows

Banned
I only had to do 1500 essays mostly for the business side of my course. The comp sci was mostly exercises and coding. Of course my dissertation was pretty long, but that had no limit so I never bothered counting the words.

Nice day for rain today chaps.

1500 words?

I do 500 word intros and 500 word conclusions.

Assuming you're not joking (although I suspect you are!), and you're talking about regular essays, that's far too long! Anyway, good to have you back from the wilderness :p

TCRS

Banned
Yeah wtf? My dissertations got ~9800 words, 45 pages (with lots of graphs and tables though). I had to write only one essay during my studies, 2000 words. Took me ages and it was full of bullshit. Still got 60% for it.

Kentpaul

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
1500 words?

I do 500 word intros and 500 word conclusions.

Well half the challenge is answering the question within that limit.

My final project ended up being 39 pages for the main report, although it did have quite a few diagrams, 24 pages for the appendix and 74 pages for the code. So that really dwarfed those 1500 page essays so it wasn't all easy.

SKINNER!

Banned
Uh oh. I wouldn't recommend Reed to anyone. I've hired a few agency staff from there and no-one was happy with them or how they treated their workers. Good for foot-in-the-door so long as your temp company is capable of hiring internally, but as an external agency they're pretty bad.

zIjFz.gif

Plans for weekend y'all?

Kentpaul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom