• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

daviyoung

Banned
Come to think of it, it probably is why they call it that. It didn't strike me as particularly gay when I went though, and I think MANchester would have been a better pun.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Tomorrow i will enter the country of England.

Blackpool > las vegas

I'd love to go to a gay club and party with the gay dudes/chicks! They always look like they can party in movies n shit

Fucking 4 hour session on BF3 with some friends i used to play on the xbox with my room smells like an internet gaming cafe.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Time to break out the Village People.

Was in Manchester today with my dad and there were 2 brothers blasting Village People tunes and dancing along at the bottom of Market Street.

I do like some songs >____>

Also, Meadows! WTF happened to Southern Eleven?!?! D:

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
It's funny that despite TDA having just as bleak an ending (pretty much everyone dies of radiation sickness) it seems less so because:

It's really sunny all the time (Kansas)
Steve Guttenberg is in it

Also Threads you can relate to, if you grew up in the North in the 80's it all looks familiar, the idea that we were potentially close to that outcome is chilling. Threads also ended with that harsh as fuck "flash-forward" where we were essentially medieval again.

It's the zero-budget nature of Threads and other British shows that make them realistic and effective.

The Day After was traditional American fare. A bunch of recognisable actors with decent makeup and a relatively good special effects budget. It simply wasn't as effective because you knew it was just a movie.

Suairyu

Banned
Guys I want to meet new people but not in a bar. Thinking about joining some clubs or classes. What would you guys recommend? I was thinking drawing maybe - I've always wanted to be good at that - but I dunno if that would promote much classroom banter.

What's fun and chatty?
Quoting for a new page because I need le advice.

What's the problem with meeting people in a bar? Beyond that, I guess friends of friends / join clubs with people with similar interests (I really can't imagine doing the latter)

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Link up with local tent-scent molemen RIGHT NOW!

w6pjM.jpg

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Me and 4 mates once actually did that in the picture above, all have decent laptops so we did an all night LAN one night last summer when one of the guy's parents were away.

Though I dare say we don't look/smell like those guys.

Sup guys. My lecturer e-mail me this today.

IU ZAWN OPQZAJPO,

TJP CVQZ WZZI RJMFDIB QZMT CVMY OCDN NZHZNOZM VIY D NPKKJNZ OCVO D XVI JAAZM TJP V BGVNN OJ XZGZWMVOZ OCZ ZIY JA HT XJPMNZ. GZOUN HZZO OCDN HJIYVT, OCZ OCDMOT JA VKMDG, VO AJPM JUXGJXF VO JIZ JA HT AVQJPMDOZ KGVXZ VMJPIY OCZ XVHKPN: NVIYWVM.

EB UKQ YWJ BKQJZ IA, E SEHH KBBAN UKQ PDA CHWOO KB UKQN YDKEYA...

BJJY GPXF,

ALC

Who's good at decoding?

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Code:
nj efbs tuvefout,

you have been working very hard this semester and i suppose that i can offer you 
a glass to celebrate the end of my course. letjs meet this monday, the thirty of april, 
at four o'clock at one of my favourite place around the campus: sandbar.

if you can found me, i will offer you the plass of your choice...

good luck,

fqh

Yen

It's the zero-budget nature of Threads and other British shows that make them realistic and effective.

The Day After was traditional American fare. A bunch of recognisable actors with decent makeup and a relatively good special effects budget. It simply wasn't as effective because you knew it was just a movie.

I saw The Day After when I was about 8, and despite the Cold War having ended 10 years before, I was shitting myself about nuclear war for a long time afterward.

Code:
nj efbs tuvefout,

you have been working very hard this semester and i suppose that i can offer you 
a glass to celebrate the end of my course. letjs meet this monday, the thirty of april, 
at four o'clock at one of my favourite place around the campus: sandbar.

if you can found me, i will offer you the plass of your choice...

good luck,

fqh
Nice! Thanks!

How did you manage that?

Nevasleep

So I rather helpfully chipped in with 'You're forgetting that most of the people outside London are backward fucks'
Always making friends :lol

They should call Manchester, Dullchester.
Maybe I need to go there on a sunny day, but last time I went it was just cold, wet, and ugly. Lovely Wetherspoons(the correct spelling) breakfast though.

Kentpaul

FUCK MY LIFE

GIRLFRIEND AND HER FRIEND ARE GETTING DOMONAOS PIZZA WTF IS THIS SHIT. SHE KNOWS I LIKE MY PIZZA'S FROM AN INDAIN TAKEAWAY JOINT

FUCKING GIVE ME A ROPE I'M GOING TO HANG AROUND MY GARAGE.

SteveWD40

Always making friends :lol

They should call Manchester, Dullchester.
Maybe I need to go there on a sunny day, but last time I went it was just cold, wet, and ugly. Lovely Wetherspoons(the correct spelling) breakfast though.

yourdoingitwrong.gif

Even on a crappy day, Manchester city centre has a ton of nice places to go if you avoid shithole chav pits like that.

Lirlond

Quoting for a new page because I need le advice.

Language classes. Seriously. Latin(French, Spanish) and Hellenic(greek, Italian) tend to get more women than germanic(English, German, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Austrian, Dutch), Slavic(Polish, russian, Ukranian) or Uralic(Finnish, Estonian, Hungarian).

SKINNER!

Banned
Language classes. Seriously. Latin(French, Spanish) and Hellenic(greek, Italian) tend to get more women than germanic(English, German, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Austrian, Dutch), Slavic(Polish, russian, Ukranian) or Uralic(Finnish, Estonian, Hungarian).

for real? I might try that.

SKINNER!

Banned
I had a Cosmo Triple Cheese Pizza for dinner today. 'twas alright but I still prefer the Haggis Pizza. That stuff is so freakin' tasty!!

102533.jpg
081575.jpg

Kentpaul

What's up English gaf im here to conquer your country. 30 miles outside Preston at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom