• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWD40

Too late, Dave's already engaged.

xdkFv.gif

Suairyu

Banned
The announcement of a new Sonic & SEGA Allstars Racing game means Diablo III might have a contender for my time :eek:

Confirmed online play for PC - y'all into this series?

I'm away for one weekend and now the place is awash with Brit-on-Brit violence :(

I feel fucking rancid today. Was drunk for almost the entirety of the weekend. Proposed to the missus on Saturday night. She didn't see it coming because she didn't know I'd been to see her dad. It was nice. She said yes, the champagne started flowing and didn't stop until late last night.

I need to leave work, go home & go to bed. Head is banging.

dylan-you-son-of-a-bitch.jpg

SmokyDave

Ah, cheers chaps, much appreciated. If it were up to me, you'd all be invited to the wedding.

We now have 'bridal magazines' in the house. I pissed myself when she leafed through a 2000 page tome called 'Brides' while passing me a 28-page pamphlet called 'Grooms'.

Ah, cheers chaps, much appreciated. If it were up to me, you'd all be invited to the wedding.

We now have 'bridal magazines' in the house. I pissed myself when she leafed through a 2000 page tome called 'Brides' while passing me a 28-page pamphlet called 'Grooms'.

28 pages? Seems excessive.

There's a gaffer called Community Forum with over 10,000 posts that I've never seen before. I assume someone got a name change but I can't figure out who it is. Anyone know who it was?

no angel

22 pages were harshly-lit miserable looking asexual men in awkward looking suits. The other 6 pages I prayed would be classic cars, but they were uncomfortable looking shoes.
The best bit is choosing the cake, you definitely want to make sure you're involved in that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The best bit is choosing the cake, you definitely want to make sure you're involved in that.

If I ever get married I'd like my mum to make the cake. I would just have to hope the theoretical wife to be doesn't have the same idea with her mother.

I've been away too long.

Firstly, congrats SmokyDave!

Secondly, dammit Meadows.

Lastly, Kent hasn't posted for over a page, do you think he's actually gone?

In my world, I've been for a few interviews so fingers crossed I'll be handing in my notice next week. Booyah!

How the fuck did you find out about the wedding favours?

No, seriously? How?!

And hearing of this idea, my girlfriend has just said "CAN WE HAVE THAT AT OUR WEDDING".

We're not even getting married. Graaaaaaaa. She doesn't normally get suckered in to the girly stuff like wedding obsessions, but when there's Lego involved...

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Because everyone loves LEGO, especially Dave ;)

Kent was in the drunk thread saying he'd been disowned from here. Dammit guys :(

GJS

Had my project poster presentationn today... It went okay.

My assessor kept interrupting me and finishing my sentences or just straight out answered his own questions at times, but my supervisor said it was good.

Almost finished now.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Dude, traditional cake is gross. Sponge or fruit or whatever. Give me chocolate or give me death.

Fruit cake will be the last food man will leave.

And when aliens come one million years later they'll still be able to take a bite.

...just got an email from the uni.

An Amazon voucher for forty quids. A thank you from the VC for all staff, apparently. How nice. Despite not really being staff. Still, free money. Any ideas for how to waste it well?

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
...just got an email from the uni.

An Amazon voucher for forty quids. A thank you from the VC for all staff, apparently. How nice. Despite not really being staff. Still, free money. Any ideas for how to waste it well?

Buy me something nice~

xoxoxoxo

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
This sweet talk reminds me of in 2005 when we wholesaled a bunch of Highland Toffees and stuff for our Call Centre. Productivity++.

22 pages were harshly-lit miserable looking asexual men in awkward looking suits. The other 6 pages I prayed would be classic cars, but they were uncomfortable looking shoes.

To quote Chris Rock "just tell me the day before, I'll be there!!"

YARR, day ticket booked for Saturday at Download.
Sadly could not afford the entire weekend but FINALLY getting to see and hear Metallica live, playing "the black album" from start to finish will be a moment not easily forgotten!!

I'm so stoked and nobody at work understands exactly why. Thanks for giving me some form of outlet here... and breathe...

There's a ton of bogeys outside the office and a parade of people shouting into megaphones and wearing "V" masks at the Tottenham Court Rd/Oxford St junction. Can't make out what they're saying though.

Anyone know what's being protested this time?

*EDIT*

Oooh... "Anonymous" flags are out too.

I have no idea.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
There's a ton of bogeys outside the office and a parade of people shouting into megaphones and wearing "V" masks at the Tottenham Court Rd/Oxford St junction. Can't make out what they're saying though.

Anyone know what's being protested this time?

*EDIT*

Oooh... "Anonymous" flags are out too.

I have no idea.

May 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom