• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone find that after 4 or so hours of drinking you just hit a wall and get bored? or is it just me?

Yeah, always. I either manage to stop drinking at the right point, feel somewhere between tipsy and drunk, and have a great night. Or I drink too much, get bored, and then sometimes get really pissed off. No Kentpaul level dickery though, I just become shit company.

Chinner

Banned
Yeah, always. I either manage to stop drinking at the right point, feel somewhere between tipsy and drunk, and have a great night. Or I drink too much, get bored, and then sometimes get really pissed off. No Kentpaul level dickery though, I just become shit company.

describes me quite well. usually i hit the boundaries of drunk, but i sober up quickly and it's not the same.

I, like Kentpaul, is Scottish, we are genetically hardwired to keep on drinking!!!

Anyone know any stores (beside Levis, Debenhams and John Lewis) in London that sell Levis jeans? I've been looking all day and I can't find a 32 waist 30 length pair that actually fit :( Well I did actually to be fair, but I wasn't going to pay £90

Ex-pats are allowed in here, right?

Where do you live:

Bogota, Colombia

Where are you from:

Cork, Ireland

Teacher

University:

Didn't go

Sports team of choice:

Man United

Current political party of choice:

They're all fucking shit.

Barm, batch, cob or bun:

I don't understand the question and I won't respond to it.

Favourite (current) UK TV show:

Don't watch UKTV any more but the last great thing I watched was The Thick Of It.

Oasis or Blur:

Oasis by a mile.

So what's Ireland like since I left? Slumped to even greater depths I imagine?

Where do you live: Edinburgh!!
Where are you from: Edinburgh
University: University of life mo fo!!
Sports team of choice: Liverpool!
Current political party of choice: SNP!
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Mate, it's called a roll....
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Facejacker
Oasis or Blur: Oasis innit

daviyoung

Banned
Anyone know any stores (beside Levis, Debenhams and John Lewis) in London that sell Levis jeans? I've been looking all day and I can't find a 32 waist 30 length pair that actually fit :( Well I did actually to be fair, but I wasn't going to pay £90

There's a Levi store on Regent Street (near Warner Bros shop I believe) and there's one in Westfield Shopping Centre.

Chinner

Banned
tell you what, one of the things im gonna miss about being a student is being ablke to get free cheeseburgers from mcdonalds

Sage00

Once And Future Member
The best thing KFC do right now is that spicy wrap thing that's about 2 quid.

tell you what, one of the things im gonna miss about being a student is being ablke to get free cheeseburgers from mcdonalds
Getting a cheeseburger for free with your meal is greedy as fuck.

Smarties McFlurry for me.

Suairyu

Banned
Charcoal portrait of the lady and I. I forgot how talented these street artists can be. Looks well good.

I also forgot it's hare Krishna. Lots of street revelling.

Lirlond

Went up Beinn Dorain today. Well good. Did my knees in though. Walking back down is not very fun!!

Large images said:
UpdiY.jpg
TxUyh.jpg
3MvfU.jpg

edit:Ugh my phone camera is bollocks.

Interesting. How did you end up in Columbia and what is it like as a place to live?

I came here because of my now ex-girlfriend who was from here. Long story short, we broke up, I decided to stay anyway and eventually found another woman who I've been with for some time now.

Bogota is like any other huge city, really. Has its good points and has its bad points. Everything is really fucking cheap, though and the cost of living is ridiculously inexpensive.

I'm trying my best not to make an IRA joke.

You know Cork is not in Northern Ireland, right? ;) Nor is Bogota in the northeast of Colombia where the trouble tends to be. Back to school with ya!

Clegg

Ex-pats are allowed in here, right?

So what's Ireland like since I left? Slumped to even greater depths I imagine?

A female politician in her early 30's caused a commotion by saying that most young Irish females are slappers that fornicate all over the gaff.

Didn't go down well.

Suairyu

Banned
What the fuck is up with London shops not opening until noon on a Sunday? Only city in the UK in my experience that has this barbaric practice.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

Qasiel

Did you take a peek at the shambles that is the Trocedero Arcade now?

Also how was the animu night?

I was up there recently (Girlfriend got cheap Laser tag session to celebrate her birthday with), and it's looking horrible.

Namco Station's alright but I'll agree with Suairyu by saying that I miss the Trocadero arcade, too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I was up there recently (Girlfriend got cheap Laser tag session to celebrate her birthday with), and it's looking horrible.

Namco Station's alright but I'll agree with Suairyu by saying that I miss the Trocadero arcade, too.

Last time I went it was a bunch of arcade machine scattered about on the basement level.

And one shop was selling dodgy knockoffs of Mario toys. Lets just say the Spring Mushroom takes on a completely different meaning when they use brown felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom