• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xun

I've heard great things about Byron's, I'll give them a try. Also that blog highly recommends the Admiral Codrington.

Yeah it must be the tube. I must learn to master London buses, they are intimidating for the visitor!

Sage00, Get the tube to St Pauls, see the cathedral, go south and cross the millennium bridge, walk west across the south bank, do the Eye if you have time, cross Westminster brige, marvel at how small Big Ben is, head west to Buckingham Palace, then north to Green Park tube station, take the tube or walk east to Piccadilly Circus, then piss off.

Edit: Those gals left to right: Stephanie Fitzpatrick, Sabien Demonia, Ausrie Fel, Danni Divine, Cici Von Crypt, Betty Havok, Amie Conradine, Effectum. All real names obviously.
I really enjoyed Byron.

Great place in my opinion.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Yep, definitely the best of that lot.

Here you go then.

9fafa164.jpg

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
That I did. It was a bit surreal. I couldn't help thinking how nicer it would be painted white, but I suspect it's not due to it's listed status.

methere.jpg

It does feel a bit strange around there, a real future that never was vibe. Camden is great if you're into that kind of architecture. I stumbled across Winscombe Road the other day, it's not as grand but still pretty interesting. You also have Fleet Road around the corner which is also pretty cool.

Awww, you're a wee babby (I clearly don't know how Scottish people speak to apologies to any Scotts in the thread!) Cheers for trying to help me with my various problems getting DayZ to work. It looks like I'm basically there, I have managed to get into a few games now but BattlEye is still causing me grief (I suspect it's because I'm using a VPN).

Anyway, welcome to the thread!

Cheers :) i don't post much about my age cause I feel people will take me less serious haha.

Rushmoor GAF unite! I'm over in Aldershot (I believe there's 3 or 4 of us in the area)

Sweet. used to play for Rushmoor FC as a young child haha.

defel

Wow I just saw this intro to Fun House, a kids TV show from the 90's. I didnt remember it by name but I remember the intro. Really took me back.

Damn, Meadows is banned. Does anyone have a way to contact him outside gaf?

I'm seriously considering moving abroad to the US. I'm a recent graduate, and assuming I can find work there, I'd like to try. But I don't know where to start

Suairyu

Banned
I just got introduced to Stepmania. Loaded it up with the Dancing Stage EuroMix songs for maximum teenage arcade nostalgia overload.

Now to buy a USB dancing mat.

Woah, StepMania. Back when I haunted the ONM UK forums the bastards there wouldn't ever shut up about it.

Make sure to get the MGS songs!

Xun

I'm seriously considering moving abroad to the US. I'm a recent graduate, and assuming I can find work there, I'd like to try. But I don't know where to start
Canada is probably your best bet I'd say.

It would be easier as a Brit to work there as well.

Suairyu

Banned
Woah, StepMania. Back when I haunted the ONM UK forums the bastards there wouldn't ever shut up about it.

Make sure to get the MGS songs!
Opensource DDR. Sounds good to me.

Dancing Stage always haunted me because I was never that good at it on account of not having a copy of the game to practice with at home (Saturn then Dreamcast... no PS1). Even if it's late and past any of my old friends caring, I want to to move onto hard mode!

SKINNER!

Banned
Canada is probably your best bet I'd say.

It would be easier as a Brit to work there as well.

Universal Healthcare too.

Also, if you move to Victoria/Vancouver or Windsor then you can easily get into the US (Washington and Michigan respectively) and back within a day. Best of both worlds.

Lirlond

Damn. Meadows. Again.

Look at asia first. China, Inda, UAE are all big expanding economies.

Suairyu

Banned
Oh. I thought he'd come back and been banned a third time.

edit - Apprentice finally up on iPlayer.

edit 2 - new gypsie thread. UK-GAF already begun dropping. They totally deserved it for the comments they were making, though.

... don't reckon we'll ever be seeing Jill Sandwich around these parts again. Racist remarks are usually permas.

Suairyu

Banned
2 down, how many more to go?
Hopefully none. I'd really love an intelligent discussion about the social problems and travelers but I don't think it's going to happen. On one side you have the ignorant Americans who thinks we're all racists. On the other side, you have those among us who are racist and make us look so by association.

The rest of us are stuck in the middle, frowning.

Xun

Universal Healthcare too.

Also, if you move to Victoria/Vancouver or Windsor then you can easily get into the US (Washington and Michigan respectively) and back within a day. Best of both worlds.
Vancouver would definitely be where I'd go if I move anywhere in the world.

Having said that I do like the UK, so the move for me would only be temporary.

SKINNER!

Banned
... don't reckon we'll ever be seeing Jill Sandwich around these parts again. Racist remarks are usually permas.

What the?! Racist remarks? damn...Does that explain why the image he posted earlier is now different? Perhaps the date on it refers to his return?

Xun said:
Vancouver would definitely be where I'd go if I move anywhere in the world.

Having said that I do like the UK, so the move for me would only be temporary.

I was thinking about Vancouver too simply because its close to Seattle and I wouldn't have to spend silly money for flights to go to PAX. oh, and - based on my experience - Canadian women are far more cooler than American women.

defel

I remember reading here on GAF that Vancouver property prices have become crazy-high.

I might get an Australian year long VISA once I graduate and just spend a year doing bar work etc. Something that will involve meeting lots of people and developing that part of my personality. Ive also read about becoming a diving instructor in East Asia and other things like that. Im going to resist the office job for as long as I can or until I feel its something I really, deep down want to do with my time. So many friends of mine at Uni are intent on getting their first graduate job at PWC or an office job in London. By the time they are 30 they will regret not spending their twenties embracing their youth. (thats at least the way I feel about it anyway)

Unfortunately I will be pushing £40,000 Uni debt but hopefully that wont hinder me too much.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I just got introduced to Stepmania. Loaded it up with the Dancing Stage EuroMix songs for maximum teenage arcade nostalgia overload.

Now to buy a USB dancing mat.
You could get a PS2 mat and a USB connector. A friend introduced me to SM years ago, but I never really invested time into it. A few songs on the keyboard during a rainy afternoon did me fine. I did buy Mario DDR though ho ho ho. He was the main reason we went back to the Trocadero. He is still pretty good despite being out of practise.

You're a brave man. Doubt I could handle posting on the ONM forums.

Stop posting in gypsy / traveller threads.

I really hope Jill & Dalin aren't permas.
Well they can always fill out the details on this site:
www.neogafbans.com

You could get a PS2 mat and a USB connector. A friend introduced me to SM years ago, but I never really invested time into it. A few songs on the keyboard during a rainy afternoon did me fine. I did buy Mario DDR though ho ho ho. He was the main reason we went back to the Trocadero. He is still pretty good despite being out of practise.

You're a brave man. Doubt I could handle posting on the ONM forums.

Well they can always fill out the details on this site:
www.neogafbans.com

I had no idea that site existed. Jill and dalin haven't filled it in yet.

daviyoung

Banned
I have too many stories about encounters with gypsies that would be simultaneously blasted by Ameri-GAF for being bigoted, prejudiced and racist anecdotal evidence while they pretend Snatch is a documentary on Irish travellers.

I have too many stories about encounters with gypsies that would be simultaneously blasted by Ameri-GAF for being bigoted, prejudiced and racist anecdotal evidence while they pretend Snatch is a documentary on Irish travellers.

Same here which Is why I steered well clear.

Ouch, Jill is banned for 3 months. Seems a tad harsh.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Maybe it was the prick and cunt combo that did it?

I just posted in the gypsy thread guys, pray for me.

You're fucked :p

The irony about the gypsy thing is that Americans don't even have concept of the racism that can be against them, but also of the reality of living in a town with a huge traveller population (like Aldershot/Ash). I'm related by marriage to a big traveller family and while they're great people to drink with I certainly would not want to piss them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom