• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

So Wonga have branched into larger loans for small business's. Probably in a move to clean up their image, and to be fair, this is not that bad.

My APR calc earlier was wrong, Wonga says. It's poss to borrow £7,500 for 16 weeks. 0.3% per week, plus 1% fee. Total repay: £7,935
@hwallop

Still wouldn't touch them with a barge pole ever, under no circumstance. But people obviously do.

Chinner

Banned
im pretty shit too. got to learn. pretends its mgs. takae your time. dont rush shit. got to keep sound and visibility low.

death to israel!

im pretty shit too. got to learn. pretends its mgs. takae your time. dont rush shit. got to keep sound and visibility low.

death to israel!

I just don't like the sound of the part where you can get constantly raped by other players. I know that's definitely part of the appeal, but still! I don't trust people.

I'll probably try it out anyway. Need to buy ArmA2 first, like. My favourite parts of The Walking Dead are definitely the parts where they're making progress whilst trying to avoid the geeks so it does sound mostly appealing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Dibs on your stuff.
I survived.

Ugh.

I always avoid Croydon as much as I can, but the only good thing about it is the Vue cinema.
We walked around and it really drilled in how boring the place is. Hopefully next time we meet I'll be able to convince her to meet up somewhere else even if it it means a longer journey for her.

u guys shud play dayz. we can be a british crew who survives one day at a time as if we were living in glasgow itself.
Play the what now?

TCRS

Banned
We walked around and it really drilled in how boring the place is. Hopefully next time we meet I'll be able to convince her to meet up somewhere else if it it means a longer journey for her.

Yeah Croydon is not really a place to hang around unless you live there (like me :|)

Suairyu

Banned
Also how was the animu night?
Great, mostly.

First film was a the third Bleach film. Lots of action. I left halfway through because I needed to take a hearty shit. Didn't feel like I'd missed anything.

Next we watched all seven episodes of a 3D anime called 'Freedom'. Wasn't that great.

But the next viewing was the first two Mardock Scramble movies. Never heard of it before, but was instantly drawn in. Fascinating work. Great action, sex scenes galore and a plot/setting/premise that genuinely pulled me in. A wonderful suprise.

Finally, the highlight of the night was the final film, and I knew it was going to be the best from the very start. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. Stunning animation, beautiful art design (Yoshitaka Amano = <3) and a story that provided a decent excuse for what was essentially fight scene after fight scene. Will have to see the first film and read the mangas now. We watched it in English, given that the American voicework was actually the original voice track, the Japanese being the 'dub'. Kinda cool.

Got two free DVDs and a short story collection in the swag bag.

They gave us tons of free Mountain Dew. I have never tasted it before. I never want to again. It made me feel ill.

The screen room was hot, clammy and filled with fat nerds. Between viewings I went to the bathroom to splash cold water on my face then went outside to gulp in fresh air.

Whole thing wrapped up at 9am. Stumbled around London bored for a bit. Attending a screening of the original Buffy The Vampire Slayer film at the Prince Charles Cinema for its 'bad movie Sunday' thing.

Was basically awake for 35 hours straight.

Checked into the hotel at 4pm, had sex, crashed. Woke up at 10am-ish. Had sex. Was walked in on. Resumed having sex. Checked out.

Saw Marvel Avengers Assemble, deciding it was the only good film in the new Marvel stable since Iron Man 1.

All in all, a good bank holiday weekend.

Now going to bed and have the feeling I'm going to regret my sugar/caffeine/anime binge tomorrow at work.

Morning Gaffers! Hope everyone had a nice bank holiday weeknd.

My working week has started off with a load of shit from the bitch, but she's left for the day now so not all is bad. Cannot wait to see her face when I hand my notice in.

So how is everyone doing lately? I feel like its been all about me and none about you. Share with Musha.

Where do you live: Farnborough, Hampshire
Where are you from: Feltham, Middlesex
University: Not Yet
Sports team of choice: Chelsea FC
Current political party of choice: Don't Care
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Bun
Favourite (current) UK TV show: IT Crowd (Kinda Current)
Oasis or Blur: Oasis

Hey :) been lurking for ages but ended up speaking to Chinner yesterday while streaming DayZ haha and thought I should finally post haha

I am streaming atm again incase any of you care - www.livestream.com/problematicgamer

Hey :) been lurking for ages but ended up speaking to Chinner yesterday while streaming DayZ haha and thought I should finally post haha

I am streaming atm again incase any of you care - www.livestream.com/problematicgamer

Were you spamming Giant Bomb's TNT with messages last week? Or was that another premature quiche :lol

SmokyDave

1985_raleigh_vektar_163.jpg

I wish I could send money back to 1985. Always wanted one but Santa was too tight to deliver.

Awww, you're a wee babby (I clearly don't know how Scottish people speak to apologies to any Scotts in the thread!) Cheers for trying to help me with my various problems getting DayZ to work. It looks like I'm basically there, I have managed to get into a few games now but BattlEye is still causing me grief (I suspect it's because I'm using a VPN).

Anyway, welcome to the thread!

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I had a black one of those, I thought I was Michael Knight on it!

3.jpg

My weekend was mostly spent with latex ladies in London. I only went for a jolly, but it ended up turning into a busman's holiday!
c9634e40.jpg

6f92b400.jpg

I also went to Netil Street market to try the best hamburger in London, but the bloody place was shut after traipsing up from Bethnal Green tube! I was gasping for a burger so Goodmans was the next nearest on that list, and Ah! My Goddess! It was a meat patty from heaven!

0bf3d361.jpg

Every element of the burger was tasty, and it kept together like Handmade Burgers don't. I felt like a right tramp in there though compared to the city gents guffawing loudly around us.

Londoners: Don't you get fed up of black bogies? Every time I go down there my magic nose goblins are black.

Jill Sandwich

Oh I'm not critting HMBC, but sometimes their burgers are so juicy the bottom bun gets soggy! I've found the best thing to do is grasp them in your claws as soon as they arrive, pick them up and let them dribble for a bit. I had the new American one recently which was packed with bacon, onion rings, mushroom and cheese. It was so tall I had to deconstruct it a bit before grabbing it like a tart's bottom.
That reminds me, the lady at the till was like 'would you like bacon and mushroom in it?' not informing me that these were paid extras, so I got played. I could have protested, but mmm bacon and mushroom...

That pile of chips there is deceptive, in fact the whole picture is. That was a large burger and had so much meat I felt bloated. Trust me, there were the correct amount of chips there. If you want pitiful chips (and who doesn't?) try any Beefeater pubstraunt's 'bottomless chips.' They come in tiny cupfuls, when you finish them the waitress asks if you want more, and you say yes because bottomless chips, but you don't really want them as they're the most flavourless sat-under-the-heat-lamp school dinner chips ever. The Goodman's chips were piping hot, crispy with fluffy middles, and had a good earthy potato flavour.

Xun

3.jpg

My weekend was mostly spent with latex ladies in London. I only went for a jolly, but it ended up turning into a busman's holiday!
c9634e40.jpg

6f92b400.jpg

I also went to Netil Street market to try the best hamburger in London, but the bloody place was shut after traipsing up from Bethnal Green tube! I was gasping for a burger so Goodmans was the next nearest on that list, and Ah! My Goddess! It was a meat patty from heaven!

0bf3d361.jpg

Every element of the burger was tasty, and it kept together like Handmade Burgers don't. I felt like a right tramp in there though compared to the city gents guffawing loudly around us.

Londoners: Don't you get fed up of black bogies? Every time I go down there my magic nose goblins are black.
What a random but great weekend.

Stop making me jealous man.

You and your chicks and burgers. :(

Sage00

Once And Future Member
That reminds me, gaf. I have a day, a single day.. nay, a few hours (2pm onwards) to spend in London in about a month's time (Catching a flight at Heathrow the next day).

Never been before, what should I spend my extremely limited time on?

daviyoung

Banned
Er...maybe get on the Piccadilly Line (the purple one) at Heathrow. Travel to Piccadilly, look at the circle and the Sanyo lights. Get back on the subway, travel back to Heathrow.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/jillsandwich/3.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/jillsandwich/c9634e40.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/jillsandwich/6f92b400.jpg[IMG]

I also went to Netil Street market to try [URL="http://www.hamburger-me.com/p/top-5-best-burgers-in-london.html"]the best hamburger in London[/URL], but the bloody place was shut after traipsing up from Bethnal Green tube! I was gasping for a burger so Goodmans was the next nearest on that list, and Ah! My Goddess! It was a meat patty from heaven!

[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/jillsandwich/0bf3d361.jpg[IMG]

Londoners: Don't you get fed up of black bogies? Every time I go down there my magic nose goblins are black.[/QUOTE]

I only get black bogies when I use the tube which thankfully is very rare nowadays. I can either cycle or get the overground to work which is a much more civilised way to travel than being packed into a sweaty, stinking tube.

I'll have to give some of those burger places a try, think the most recent one I went to was [URL="http://www.byronhamburgers.com/"]Byron's[/URL] which was pretty fucking tasty for a chain.

Will also be giving this a visit as soon as I've got a free Friday: [URL="http://www.streetfeastlondon.com/#!traders|c13qh"]http://www.streetfeastlondon.com/#!traders|c13qh[/URL]

Jill Sandwich

I've heard great things about Byron's, I'll give them a try. Also that blog highly recommends the Admiral Codrington.

Yeah it must be the tube. I must learn to master London buses, they are intimidating for the visitor!

Sage00, Get the tube to St Pauls, see the cathedral, go south and cross the millennium bridge, walk west across the south bank, do the Eye if you have time, cross Westminster brige, marvel at how small Big Ben is, head west to Buckingham Palace, then north to Green Park tube station, take the tube or walk east to Piccadilly Circus, then piss off.

Edit: Those gals left to right: Stephanie Fitzpatrick, Sabien Demonia, Ausrie Fel, Danni Divine, Cici Von Crypt, Betty Havok, Amie Conradine, Effectum. All real names obviously.

I've heard great things about Byron's, I'll give them a try. Also that blog highly recommends the Admiral Codrington.

Yeah it must be the tube. I must learn to master London buses, they are intimidating for the visitor!

Sage00, Get the tube to St Pauls, see the cathedral, go south and cross the millennium bridge, walk west across the south bank, do the Eye if you have time, cross Westminster brige, marvel at how small Big Ben is, head west to Buckingham Palace, then north to Green Park tube station, take the tube or walk east to Piccadilly Circus, then piss off.

Edit: Those gals left to right: Stephanie Fitzpatrick, Sabien Demonia, Ausrie Fel, Danni Divine, Cici Von Crypt, Betty Havok, Amie Conradine, Effectum. All real names obviously.

All that lycra and flesh yet only two that would do it for me. Byron's might not measure up to those other places but it was definitely the best burger I've had in quite some time.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Rushmoor GAF unite! I'm over in Aldershot (I believe there's 3 or 4 of us in the area)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom