• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
That you think it was a lesson to be learnt is pretty telling.

I was in a terrible mood that day and trolled Germany for no reason. I am pretty ashamed of my actions. It's took me weeks to show my face round these parts because of it.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Lol at the ban hammer hammering uk townspeople gaf in the traveller thread. Chinner add kentpaul12 on steam im downloading arma 2 n shit for the dayz mod at home right now. (I'm away from home making a living right now so I won't be able to play till tonight)

Accept me back into the thread guys I have Learned my lesson.

I wanna get it so bad but i don' have £25 to spare and it sounds like the mod's having some server issues with all its recently popularity. Would've loved to play that this weekend.

Suairyu

Banned
Guys I'm being driven mad here. Still at work... plan to be until 10pm. I've been given security codes and everything to lock down the building. It's friday night! I just want to be at home in my boxer shorts eating pizza and playing Diablo.

The cleaners are glaring at me for still being a potentially messy presence in their empty office.

edit - Perkel in the gypsy thread might be a new challenger for a ban. He's said some reasonable things, but his tone is aggressive. I wonder if over the course of more posts he'll say something stupid?

TCRS

Banned
I've applied for a Masters course in Germany. If everything goes well I should be starting the course in September. But I'm already moving there in the next couple of weeks. Going to get myself a small job just to get used to living there and make some cash.

SKINNER!

Banned
The fuck? Tenacious D are playing in June. Go see them ya loon.

this. this. this. this. this. and then we can share pics and compare the setlist.

Cindres said:
Any other weekend plans, GAF?

Went to an antiques store with the parents today. Expected it to be lame but was surprised at how much fascinating stuff was there and ended up leaving with this lovely chess set.

VvWeB.jpg

Also saw a wet Frankie Boyle at Byres Road while having dinner in an Indian Restaurant. So all in all, not a bad day. Quiet day tomorrow and Sunday. Might head out and watch a movie or something.

Kentpaul

I wanna get it so bad but i don' have £25 to spare and it sounds like the mod's having some server issues with all its recently popularity. Would've loved to play that this weekend.

I didn't want to spend 25 so i just bought the AO expansion.. i hear you can run it on top of the free version. Dodgy textures and more bugs aside i just want to get in on the ground floor.

Also i may play AO one day too lol the hardass missions will give the challenge i crave.

about to have one of the Chicago town take away pizza's while watching banged up abroad so good.

Cindres

I didn't want to spend 25 so i just bought the AO expansion.. i hear you can run it on top of the free version. Dodgy textures and more bugs aside i just want to get in on the ground floor.

Also i may play AO one day too lol the hardass missions will give the challenge i crave.

about to have one of the Chicago town take away pizza's while watching banged up abroad so good.

Fuck, I thought I needed CO. Gonna try this.

Sounds like I'll never be forgiven if I don't go to see Jack Black 'n' co.

Well, it's your life, but your earlier comment about there only being weird stuff or Limp Bizkit-types motivated me to go have a look-sie, and I was shocked when I saw Tenacious D listed. It just didn't fit! :p

Worse ways to spend a night, anyway.

Kentpaul

CHEEZMO™;37783764 said:
I'd ask about it in the thread before you go and do anything.

You can run it on top of the free version if you have OA..! Il be killing zombies in the next hour.. at the very least il have OA to play if i can't find a server.

I hear the graphics are worse though and theres more bugs, Il be buying arma 2 soon to smoothen it out. I could buy ARMA 2 right now to but fuck spending 25 quid in 1 day on video games.

edit

OA = BADASS il have fun with this

edit all is installed, AM GOIN IN

Cindres

Seems like a very confusing ordeal.

Probably wait till either:
A: Steam sale.
B: BIG Bug Fixes
C: Exams are finished.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Went to an antiques store with the parents today. Expected it to be lame but was surprised at how much fascinating stuff was there and ended up leaving with this lovely chess set.

VvWeB.jpg

Wow, looks very nice. Any more pics? I'd love something like that but it would be wasted on me since i'm so bad at chess.

Kentpaul

Seems like a very confusing ordeal.

Probably wait till either:
A: Steam sale.
B: BIG Bug Fixes
C: Exams are finished.

took me an hour..you need to copy arma free common files into the OA common folder

this is me just in CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPY AS FUCK
V6q9l.jpg

Kentpaul

game is fucking terrifying.

big thumping creepy music in the dead of night i felt like i was in nightmare. i died also lol

vxkKO.jpg

fuck guys i closed the game down in fear lol

f0rk

Hungover, just going to stay in bed and watch the F1 quali on the glorious BBC.

Also I took next Friday off work for Diablo 3 (it will barely work on Tuesday/Wednesday), who else is on that shit?

Cindres

What you should all do is chill out and watch some hot League One action ;)
HUUUUUDDEEEERRSFFFIIIIEEEEEELLLD.

Kentpaul

Really clear, can see the entirety of the campsies. Nice.

I could see them all the time in bonnybridge, now staying in the falkirk area i can see they big ass mountain hills at Stirling.

Back from the barbers guys it was FUCKING AWESOME. Me and the barber and a random dude were talking about good places to get burgers round town..

Manly banter FTW

edit looks like me and the girl are taking a coach trip to Paris in august lol this day gets better as it goes on (200quid? fucking pennies for the great time)

Qasiel

Looks like a nice day out there, and it's making me feel like sorting out a barbeque. Sadly, I won't be getting home 'til gone 9, so it'll be a wasted effort.

Hopefully this nice weather will keep until my days off and that way I can bust out the hot tub and condiment dinosaur.

Kentpaul

Me, you & Kent meet up and kill some bandits?

we gotta find a server add me on steam Kentpaul12, fucking last night i was finding servers like they were going out of fashion. Today not so much lol. Its the ground floor right enough i fucking love this raw uncut gaming.

here is the best song ever made guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd4l-pkkokU

edit, wanted a jackjones jacket today but running short on cash money

Incoming opinion: YouTube comments are fucking nothing compared to the tedious fucks that populate the Guardian's comments section.

God damn there's some scumbags in there.

Cindres

Incoming opinion: YouTube comments are fucking nothing compared to the tedious fucks that populate the Guardian's comments section.

God damn there's some scumbags in there.

I dunno, I mean comments for Lady Gaga turn into some big argument amount the government and illuminati and Obama and shit, it doesn't get more obscure.

I dunno, I mean comments for Lady Gaga turn into some big argument amount the government and illuminati and Obama and shit, it doesn't get more obscure.

I just read a Guardian article about Regina Spektor where it turned into someone calling Obama Hitler and morally inferior to Assad in the space of like 4 comments.

Also, whilst YouTube comment morons tend to come off and just that- morons- the Guardian lot have the twin boons of coming across as both stupid and terrible people.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have a toggle button to hide YouTube comments.

Also you could read CBBC comments (for some reason the BBC homepage directed me to this Newsround article). You have the benefit of feeling intellectually superior to kids.

Abbie said:
I don't think they should be banned because when teachers don't have calculators you can use them then!
Abbie Abbie Abbie, just bring your own calculator. No one falls for the "I need to use my phone for maths" trick anymore.

Ben said:
They shouldn't be banned because at dinner time you wouldn't be able to call people like friends and family if you hurt yourself.
Ben, I suggest you talk to your local student union. Hometime should be at around 15:30. If you're still in school at dinner time there are some serious issues afoot.

Jon said:
Well I think that they should be allowed to be used at break times. I also think that kids should be allowed to use them for research and listening to music in class.
Jon, don't be an antisocial git. Talk to people and learn to read a book for research.

SJ Form said:
And if there are problems at home and your parents need to contact you, then having your phone enables them to phone you and let you know.
SJ Form (wat?). I think you're confused. The school itself will still be contactable. If your parents need to get in touch they can phone the reception and pass on a message. It's a system that has worked for decades.

Ellie said:
but why do secondary school pupils get to take them in and not primary?
Because we're ageist like that.

A good way to start any morning.

Suairyu

Banned
I miss my 'working' day ending at 3:30. There's not a lot I miss about being in school, but having the day end during the afternoon and having all that time after is one of them.

I think when I'm completely financially secure in life at age 30-something, I'm just going to work part time.

That won't come anytime soon though, as things I've bought today:

- A VGA box for my Dreamcast. The SCART cable broke ages ago and I've been without Shenmue and Soul Calibur for far too long. I'd say Jet Set Radio, too, but the re-release is out on Steam soon.
- a VGA cable for said VGA box.
- a dance mat for Stepmania. I managed to stop myself from getting a quality one and just bought a shitty £10 soft mat. So what if it only lasts a few months? By then I'll know if my stepmania interest is just a phase or not.

Total damage: £34.92
Also £29.94 will come out tomorrow for Diablo III.

Expensive weekend, considering I've done nothing.

Also I need to book a weekend away with the lover for the release of Prometheus. I introduced her to Alien a couple of months back and I'm pleased to say she took it well, despite being absolutely terrified by it. I don't blame her. For me, it's the only horror film that remains scary upon rewatches.

Luckily, beyond all that, I see no reason to buy anything for ages. I'll be occupied for a very long time.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I think when I'm completely financially secure in life at age 30-something, I'm just going to work part time.

I've had this dream before.

Seriously though, the only way this happens is if you start/help to start a business and it becomes successful enough for you to hire people to do your shit for you. I was planning on making a start to that this year before I got sidetracked with this pulmonary embolism.

Suairyu

Banned
I've had this dream before.

Seriously though, the only way this happens is if you start/help to start a business and it becomes successful enough for you to hire people to do your shit for you. I was planning on making a start to that this year before I got sidetracked with this pulmonary embolism.
Alternatively, marry someone!

... yeaaaaaah. 30-something is quite pipe-dream, I agree. If I ever make the switch to being a writer, it's something I could potentially achieve. Potentially. Most writers are penniless though, so fuckit.

I'll just accept that working life and gaming as a serious hobby aren't compatible if you still want a social life.

Qasiel

Jon said:
Well I think that they should be allowed to be used at break times. I also think that kids should be allowed to use them for research and listening to music in class.

Jon, don't be an antisocial git. Talk to people and learn to read a book for research.

What the hell is this? Listening to music in class? The teacher would have slapped me if I ever tried to pull that, and I don't even come from the age where teachers smacking kids around was allowed.

Suairyu

Banned
What the hell is this? Listening to music in class? The teacher would have slapped me if I ever tried to pull that, and I don't even come from the age where teachers smacking kids around was allowed.
Earphones, dude. So long as we were essay writing and not needed interaction, we were allowed music in our grammar school, but only once you reached sixth form.

I miss my 'working' day ending at 3:30. There's not a lot I miss about being in school, but having the day end during the afternoon and having all that time after is one of them.

Lucky swine. My 'working' day ran from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM when I was at secondary school. Got in and did all of my homework before doing anything else. Annoyingly, my actual working day is longer than that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom