• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qasiel

Should be quite a good laugh, Musha! MTB events usually are (hell, I'm really looking forward to Fort William in a few weeks).

Travel interruptions shouldn't affect me personally too much (I cycle in. Public transport actually takes longer), but the rest of my shift are going to run into a lot of grief which in turn will cause me the same.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Just learned the Olympic torch is gonna be coming up past the end of my road next month, that'll be cool to see.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I have no Intrest in sports. Anyone can snort a line of coke and run 20 miles. Anyway guys I'm back on the nightshift. Fuck it what you gonna do ? Also man Iv been getting into servers easier on dayz. Giving d3 a skip as it's not really my scene. Not my scene at all. Dayz however is my scene that's my scene alright. 2.5 hours into this nightshift. I'm joining the gym tomorrow to try and increase my life span by a good few years. Also to look awesome and have the tools to survive in this world of its a life/death situation.

Xun

I'm on a night shift too, Kent

Xun, good luck mate! Nervous? Had any driving experience before?
I'm definitely nervous, yeah.

And I've had no experience whatsoever, unless you count driving a go-kart a few times when I was younger! :p

Kentpaul

At 22 years of age, I'm finally going to have my first driving lesson on Thursday.

Should be interesting.

Good luck! Im on my 20th or so really need to get my theory booked!

Other gaffers on the nightshift lol I thought all you guys had 9 - 5 office jobs. Guys I really can't wait to get naked and fall alsep in my bed! Shit will be a cash situation. Il rest like never before. Il rest like im laying in a coffin at the end of my life. Il rest like I just smoked a big fat joint, il rest like non caffeine drinker, il rest blahhhg I can't be bothered going on and on

Suairyu

Banned
At 22 years of age, I'm finally going to have my first driving lesson on Thursday.

Should be interesting.
Hey snap. I only just passed this Christmas at peachy age 24. Don't worry about it: after those first couple of sessions, it stops being nerve wracking. Until your first go on a major roundabout, that is, but you'll have your instructor keeping you safe.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
At 24 I haven't even bothered with the theory.

Congestion charge and good bus links haven't really made learning to drive a necessity.

Good luck Xun! Don't worry about it too much, once you get the knack it's plain sailing (or rather, plain driving).

So, happy Tuesday campers! Beautiful day outside! (It's grey and raining).

Now I know I'm leaving this job, I'm finding it more and more difficult to give a toss. But the hard worker in me just has to carry on doing things properly, damn my conscience.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Someone burnt some toast so we had to stand outside in the cold. We even got a visit from the fire crew.

Well that's the excitement of this day over and done with.

Cindres

I failed my first practical test 2 almost 2 years ago, couldn't be arsed doing it again and now my theory's run out too :p

Could never be arsed with driving, my dad and stepmum kept "encouraging" me to get started and all my mates were doing it. Won't be getting a car for a long ass time so I really never saw the point.

Kentpaul

Meh, someone pissed me off on facebook. Its the first time i'v been angry in a long ass time. Time to filter this burning desire to break the dudes face into weight lifting.

i fucking hate the dude so much, he has no fucking job and is a complete wasteman.

brb fella's my dumbell is shouting on me

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Teletext page 888.

It's odd that people say it is hard to denote sarcasm in text form and yet TV subtitles have got along just fine. They denote it with (!) at the end of a sarcastic statement.

Goodbye Virgin Media you bunch of cunts, hello Sky!

Fuck yeah, just cancelled with Virgin and ordered Sky now that they offer Infinity on my street.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Talktalk will apparently offer fibre optic in my area next month. Wonder if we can get a good upgrade deal.

Kentpaul

Goodbye Virgin Media you bunch of cunts, hello Sky!

Fuck yeah, just cancelled with Virgin and ordered Sky now that they offer Infinity on my street.

was pirate bay being blocked that much of an issue you had to go to an ISP that's still unblocking it ?

reheated the other half of tgat pizza guys its now a 8 outta 10. the tastes matured like a fine wine

was pirate bay being blocked that much of an issue you had to go to an ISP that's still unblocking it ?

reheated the other half of tgat pizza guys its now a 8 outta 10. the tastes matured like a fine wine

Sky block it as well, but I don't use piratebay anyway, it was other stuff that irritated me with Virgin. They were charging me extra for Tivo, but it's not very good, the streaming on VM leaves a lot to be desired and the selection is getting worse. The internet is flaky and there is nothing super about that superhub.

SmokyDave

I dig Virgin. The Superhub fucking sucks but my actual internet connection is blazing fast and perfectly stable.

I just discovered the 'Badly looping GIF |OT| of badly looping GIFs' or 'Pop-GAF' as they call it. Seems like the pop music scene hasn't moved on since Smash Hits.

Kentpaul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLwrdp8RV5A

lets get fucked! i love a good piece of music

I find this awesome little village in the middle of the woods

BogDK.jpg

I go for a closer look

6xcEC.jpg

The dead walk this area in numbers it seems.

Going to just avoid this village all together and head further into the woods.

f0rk

Bad news, I accidentally sent Diablo 3 home instead of where I am in leeds :( If I get the code on Skype I can just download it right?

Suairyu

Banned
Goddamn I wish I had time to install & play Dayz.
I know the feeling. But with Diablo III out I couldn't justify purchasing Arma II. I wouldn't get the time to play it.

I really hope that by the time I get around to playing Dayz there's still a community for it. I'm always worried about mods like this having a limited lifespan. People like the novelty of things and stick around for a month before moving onto the next big thing.

Cindres

Bad news, I accidentally sent Diablo 3 home instead of where I am in leeds :( If I get the code on Skype I can just download it right?

Yes, yes you can.

Fuck me, spent £70 on games this week thanks to DayZ and Diablo III.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You know that feeling of schadenfreude when you're indoors and it is really bad weather outside? I'm really feeling that now. Heavy hail out of nowhere.

Suairyu

Banned
Also my DDR mat arrived from Amazon today too. Hah. As if I'm going to be doing any physical activity that isn't wrist-based for the next 12 hours.

edit - ahahahaha apparently the Diablo III servers just went down. Guess DDR it is!

f0rk

All is good, got my dad to read out the code on the phone. First he gave me the WoW one, my face when it redeemed was all :S
Now downloading.

edit - ahahahaha apparently the Diablo III servers just went down. Guess DDR it is!

I suggested this would happen in the OT and they were all like 'NAH IT WILL BE FINE YO'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom