• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
All is good, got my dad to read out the code on the phone. First he gave me the WoW one, my face when it redeemed was all :S
Now downloading.
Hahahaha. Love it. Not like you'd have the time to play it now, either.

I suggested this would happen in the OT and they were all like 'NAH IT WILL BE FINE YO'
Of course it was going to happen. Happens with MMOs, too, and for those you're paying for time. I still don't mind the always-online thing. I get their reasoning. Ideally, I would like a separate offline-only mode as a matter of principle, but I don't think I'd use it.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Played for a few hours this aft, can't get back on now so I guess I'll try again after the town game's been on.

HUUUUUUUDEEEEEEEERSFIEEEEELLLD.

Suairyu

Banned
Drowning my Diablo III login woes in vodka ginger beer.

At least they included a full colour (!!!!) manual so I have some to read on the loo while I take an anger poo.

f0rk

What characters are you guys starting with?
Download nearly done, going to go get some KFC. Not really expecting to play in the next hour.

Mr. Sam

Played for a few hours this aft, can't get back on now so I guess I'll try again after the town game's been on.

HUUUUUUUDEEEEEEEERSFIEEEEELLLD.

Your boys are 2-0 up, aren't they? I watched the first game but the manic last day of the Premiership wiped by brain. I apologise unreservedly on behalf of my fellow Charlton fans for telling you to stick your record up your arse. Well, maybe not unreservedly...

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Goddamn I wish I had time to install & play Dayz.

Try like setting your alarm for like 3 in the morning and playing this till 5 then catching a few hours power nap before your up for work.

Pretty much creating a gaming slot into your day.

I'm not gonna pretend I don't play videogames, but I really managed to miss this whole Diablo thing. What the fuck is so great about it? (I get it's an RPG, but outside of Skyrim I haven't really played many - more of a BF/GTA/FIFA type type)

Suairyu

Banned
I'm not gonna pretend I don't play videogames, but I really managed to miss this whole Diablo thing. What the fuck is so great about it? (I get it's an RPG, but outside of Skyrim I haven't really played many - more of a BF/GTA/FIFA type type)
satisfying mechanics, addictive design, fantastic atmosphere, interesting lore and gorgeous art.

CHEEZMO™;37901723 said:
Never played Diablo. Don't even know what the gameplay looks like. Same with Final Fantasy.

Yeah you're chatting shit on both counts. You don't get to GAF without seeing at least a picture of both.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
CHEEZMO™;37901918 said:
I've seen one or two screenshots from some FF games, but I don't know how they play.
In Final Fatasy, gameplay typically involves anime dudes running up and hitting monsters with enormous swords then running back again. Everyone is so cordial, it's a gentleman's sport.

Diablo has no running back and more death. Also less anime but more secret (spoilers)
pony levels, I presume

Lirlond

In diablo you buy 5 mice and hope they last you through the game.

In FF you press x every couple of minutes and hope something progresses.

Cindres

Your boys are 2-0 up, aren't they? I watched the first game but the manic last day of the Premiership wiped by brain. I apologise unreservedly on behalf of my fellow Charlton fans for telling you to stick your record up your arse. Well, maybe not unreservedly...

We were indeed. Now 3-1 up.

We'll be seeing you next season ;)

Cindres

Right well, Town game's over, safe for a couple of weeks.

Time to click the night away.

I was only Facebook earlier, and I looked up a load of people from high school/sixth form. Some friends, some I couldn't stand, some I never talked to. What make me laugh though is that the majority of the people considered 'cool' (you know the people, the ones who rule the year to some degree, usually dickheads/gobby ones) look awful, the girls especially. Most of them have got pretty fat and ugly very quick. It's like they've aged more rapidly than is possible, probably from all the drinking they've done, drugs, kids they've had etc. Ones that you even thought were very 'pretty' -like them or not- you wouldn't even look at twice now.

At least my average looks have stayed average!

Also FUCK YODEL. Ordered a new camera, promised next day delivery by Jessops. Instead, my camera has went on a wild goose chase from Northampton to London, then to Scotland, and the last update at 1pm said 'in transit with possible delays'. Sort out your distribution. First time I've ever 'used' them and they're already living up to their (terrible) reputation.

Suairyu

Banned
Which one of you has the battletag with [gnome] in it? I'm trying to line GAFer up to tag here.

Also, bugs aside (can't earn achievements as a Demon Hunter right now), Diablo III is incredible.

Which one of you has the battletag with [gnome] in it? I'm trying to line GAFer up to tag here.

Also, bugs aside (can't earn achievements as a Demon Hunter right now), Diablo III is incredible.

I watched the Giant Bomb livestream. It looks really satisfying. The Monk does anyway, that's all I saw.

Cindres

My exams start in exactly 2 weeks, why oh why did I get Diablo?

Fuck me I'm tired.

May just stay away from here until everyone is all Diablo'd out.

Little Old Man, I feel your pain, had an awful experiance with Yodel. Whenever I order something now I check who they deliver with, and if it's Yodel I ask them to use someone else or I'll go somewhere else. They normally comply.

It is actually really sunny outside, happy Wednesday Gaffers!

SmokyDave

My friends are telling me that I have to buy Diablo 3 but I get barely any PC time at the moment. Even if I did, I think I'd be more inclined to play Dayz. The idea of sitting in a queue to play my game just ain't groovy with me. I'd fire up 'Eden' while I waited and then end up playing that instead.

daviyoung

Banned
From what I played of Diablo III, I found it boring and flat and lifeless and dull. Bog-standard CRPG really. It's also a Blizzard game so the chances of it dropping in price any time this decade are slim, and DRM queues are ultra bollocks. I've been flying around Arkham City instead.

My friends are telling me that I have to buy Diablo 3 but I get barely any PC time at the moment. Even if I did, I think I'd be more inclined to play Dayz. The idea of sitting in a queue to play my game just ain't groovy with me. I'd fire up 'Eden' while I waited and then end up playing that instead.

And Dayz...

Is it Arma 2 which you need to run it, or the sort of expansion thing, can't remember the name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom