• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
how about a white-tshirt that has "spiderman" written on it. then if people ask me what my costume is i can point to my shirt and be like "im spider man"

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
My mother has made the long trip from Galashiels to Taipei to see me in hospital. It's good to see her again, but even better is that she's brought some Wagon Wheels, Breakaways and Yorkies. :)

Qasiel

Well you could say you're dressing up as Pappa Lazarou.

If my friend Dave can do it, why not?

206936_9978315423_690200423_305857_4804_n.jpg

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I can report back that the new American Pie is actually kinda good.

Also, every fucking pub everywhere is fucking closed so we had to come straight home.

Chinner

Banned
im a little bit drunk, and im treating this thread as a live journal so im sorry, but im thinking about ending a friendship because its just not blatantly worth the effort.

y/n?

im a little bit drunk, and im treating this thread as a live journal so im sorry, but im thinking about ending a friendship because its just not blatantly worth the effort.

y/n?

Just dial it back. I was in a similar situation with a friend- now I've made it so all we discuss is games and TV and uni work and shit. Go to pub occasionally when we're both home. I just got fed up of hearing about his women troubles and other, more personal stuff and I eventually figured out I had to stop that crap.

Maybe try figure out what this guy is doing what's causing you bother, and see if you can nip it in the bud. Hell, figure out why you're friends with him in the first place.

y/n?

What, if anything, do you get out of the friendship? If the answer is nothing, end that shit now. If the friend uses you, takes you for granted etc, end that shit now. If you have to put a little effort in, but enjoy parts of the friendship, just make sure you keep it balanced, never put more in that you get out.

SKINNER!

Banned
Just slowly distance yourself from your friend, keep things neutral and find other people (who obviously care about what you say/think) to hang out with. Things would just get awkward if you just went ahead and said "yeah, don't wanna be friends anymore" and immediately ignored the texts/emails etc.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
4.30 am post, and only a little bit drunk? Yeeeeaaaahhhh... :p

I've cut friends out before. Just stop calling. If they want you to come out, politely decline. They get the hint eventually.

SKINNER!

Banned
Good luck Xun. You're in for a treat :)

speaking of treats, its some dude's birthday at the office so they're dishing out cake and various sweets. Got me some empire biscuits (favourite), chocolate Mint Slices, some custurd filled biscuit thing and a slice of honey cake. Will probably throw it all up after 10 mins.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Good luck Xun. You're in for a treat :)

speaking of treats, its some dude's birthday at the office so they're dishing out cake and various sweets. Got me some empire biscuits (favourite), chocolate Mint Slices, some custurd filled biscuit thing and a slice of honey cake. Will probably throw it all up after 10 mins.

Pshh that's nothing! I just started work at somewhere super posh and in the past few weeks my mind has been blown consistently. A lovely little old lady buys me biscuits every week, we get delicious free hot lunches every day (with puddings!) and the other day we had champaigne for someone's birthday. I was used to the whole cake thing, but the bubbly is a new one on me.

I now know how the other half live. And I love it!

4.30 am post, and only a little bit drunk? Yeeeeaaaahhhh... :p

I've cut friends out before. Just stop calling. If they want you to come out, politely decline. They get the hint eventually.

Actually I personally think it's better to tell someone exactly why you don't want to hang out with them. In a nice way of course. But they may be completely unaware of the reasons you have, and it's fair to let them know. Just ignoring them until they go away is quite cowardly.

I think someone may be doing this to me at the moment, I've sent them two separate messages on facebook and had nothing in response, even though I can see they have been on there and posted since. I may be being paranoid, but this person has a history of cutting people out for no good reason. I have no idea what I may have done to annoy them, last time I saw them things were fine, we've always got on really well and have a lot in common. I have heard from other sources though that there has been some bitching behind my back with this person and a few others. I would much rather they just be honest with me and tell me what I have done, but knowing how they've behaved with other people in the past I doubt this will happen. They're the sort of people who'll slag you off one day and be your best friend the next. I'm probably better off without friends like that, right?

Chinner

Banned
better off without.

also Facebook has just added a feature to chat which shows you that they'd read your message and at what time. useful but abit much.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Actually I personally think it's better to tell someone exactly why you don't want to hang out with them. In a nice way of course. But they may be completely unaware of the reasons you have, and it's fair to let them know. Just ignoring them until they go away is quite cowardly.

I think someone may be doing this to me at the moment, I've sent them two separate messages on facebook and had nothing in response, even though I can see they have been on there and posted since. I may be being paranoid, but this person has a history of cutting people out for no good reason. I have no idea what I may have done to annoy them, last time I saw them things were fine, we've always got on really well and have a lot in common. I have heard from other sources though that there has been some bitching behind my back with this person and a few others. I would much rather they just be honest with me and tell me what I have done, but knowing how they've behaved with other people in the past I doubt this will happen. They're the sort of people who'll slag you off one day and be your best friend the next. I'm probably better off without friends like that, right?

Yeah, why would you even want to be friends with that kind of person? Sounds like you're best off out of it entirely. The way I see it, friendship is a fluid state. I have times when I barely see my best mates, and times when I see them all the time. And it's been natural for some friendships to wither and die through negligence, either accidental or purposeful. It's just the way it goes. I think straight up telling someone "you're not my friend any more" is a bit harsh and also leaves you with no wiggleroom if you're somehow forced into a social situation with them.

Suairyu

Banned
Chinner, you have journalistic trainings. Would you mind doing a bit of New Games Journalism and telling us about some of your most interesting experiences inside DayZ? I won't be playing it for ages but I really love hearing about this kind of emergent stuff.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Chinner, you have journalistic trainings. Would you mind doing a bit of New Games Journalism and telling us about some of your most interesting experiences inside DayZ? I won't be playing it for ages but I really love hearing about this kind of emergent stuff.

Oh yeah, but make sure you have different sections for the graphics, sound and Gameplay!

I love games reviews!

Suairyu

Banned
Oh yeah, but make sure you have different sections for the graphics, sound and Gameplay!

I love games reviews!
New Games Journalism, bro. Research it! It's the practice of creating a narrative about your experiences, rather than trying to do a product review. Theoretically, even someone who has never played a videogame in their life should be able to follow the article and be really interested in it.

Good examples of the stuff is often found on RockPaperShotgun, which isn't a surprise since the phenomenon as a crystallised concept was kind of birthed by that lot. A bit. They'll deny it if you try to accuse them.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
RPS Are my main source for PC Games info, mainly because they cover a lot of stuff you don't really hear about anywhere else. Also got PC Gamer on my RSS feed and then Eurogamer and GiantBomb for general games news.

Suairyu

Banned
RockPaperShotgun, Eurogamer (but not so much since their awful redesign) and GAF are the only videogame sites I visit these days. Back before the UGO thing, 1UP was my primary site.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Games journalism isn't even real journalism. Call me when IGN is accused of hacking Reggie's phone.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Games journalism isn't even real journalism. Call me when GameTrailers takes photos of Iwata coming out of a nightclub with a mystery lady.

GJS

If someone purposely cuts off contact with you they aren't a friend.

Don't even bother worrying about any reason behind it, because it's probably not even worth calling it a reason. I've seen far too many people worrying about things like this and getting stressed, it is just not worth it and starts to drag people down.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I have been watching weeds. I'm on season 2 right now fuck yes I love when I start digging a new show. Had a damn 6am - 2pm shift today it sucks so much hobo ass waking up at half 5 in the morning. Smh cant wait to get back on the trusty awesome backshift (2pm - 10pm) also wanting t in the parks tickets (400 quid for 2) fuck mah life that's the better part of 2 weeks wages. Life's tough in the first world.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
New Games Journalism, bro. Research it! It's the practice of creating a narrative about your experiences, rather than trying to do a product review. Theoretically, even someone who has never played a videogame in their life should be able to follow the article and be really interested in it.

Good examples of the stuff is often found on RockPaperShotgun, which isn't a surprise since the phenomenon as a crystallised concept was kind of birthed by that lot. A bit. They'll deny it if you try to accuse them.

Aye fella, I'm a Keiron Gillen fan (Phonogram ftw!) so I know about his ill advised NGJ piece :p I just like taking the piss out of games journos, party because they are talentless hacks but mostly out of jealousy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom