• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
Driving is weird.

There's so much to think about.

It is but you'll eventually get the hang of it and it'll be just like a riding a bike. I passed my test back in 2006 (in manual) but have been driving an automatic car until 1 month ago when I got a new car. At first I was slowly remembering all the little things like the handbrake and changing down gears but now I just do it without thinking.

Driving is weird.

I knew there would be a lot to think about, but my god.

It becomes second nature to you after a while. You develop muscle memory for things like change gears and being easy on the clutch and all that. Once you get that down, it's a tonne of fun.

Lirlond

CHEEZMO™;37957571 said:
No. It is the funniest single episode of television ever recorded.

81332_o.gif

Driving is weird.

Freaked me out at first too. I remember panicking before the first lesson, thinking the instructor would expect me to know everything for some reason. Spent most of the lesson looking at the different parts of the car, cockpit drill, mirrors, blind spot etc, then at the end, he drove with his dual controls, and I just steered down an empty road.

You get used to everything though, like anything it is practice. Saying that, I managed to fail my first two practical tests.

Jezbollah

Hi fellow UK-Gaffers.

Got a random question for you - do any of you know a really good canvas art site with a nice range of music and movie related prints for sale?

I've been in my place for about five years now - havent thought about hanging anything up until now.

Cheers :)

Hi fellow UK-Gaffers.

Got a random question for you - do any of you know a really good canvas art site with a nice range of music and movie related prints for sale?

I've been in my place for about five years now - havent thought about hanging anything up until now.

Not online, but most shopping malls have something fitting this description in these days. There's a pretty good one in Westfield Stratford, it's usually the same old pictures from films and stuff, but they're normally not badly priced. I got a few Star Wars pics a couple of months back.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Hi fellow UK-Gaffers.

There was an awesome, tiny shop in the centre of town that sold canvas art. Music and movie stuff, in a kind of pop art-y style. You could even have things made for you.

I shut a couple of years ago :(

Hi fellow UK-Gaffers.

I bought from http://www.hellocanvas.co.uk/home before. I don't think you can buy designs from them, but I'd bet they'd print anything you send them onto a canvas.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Sitting in weatherspoons nursing a Guinness, I got the burger on its way and a bad Boy spliffy in the cars glove compartment. I'm getting by life with ease ATM!

CHEEZMO™;37959725 said:
What's the BritGAF view on Harvester? Know nothing about it but noticed there was one in Manchester last night.

Oh man I love Harvester. There's one a minute walk from my house and we pop up there if we can't be bothered to cook and fancy a treat. It's a really decent price, the food is good, and as much free salad as you want. What's not to love?

It takes two hands to make an incredibly sharp turn. If your hand is on the gear stick, you're increasing the time between you seeing a danger and you turning the car.

Sharp turns? Pff. If you're not getting from your starting point to the destination in one continuous drift, you're not really driving.

As undoubtedly the best driver in this topic, it's my duty to inform you that left hand resting on the gear stick / right hand on the wheel is the only way to do it. This PSA is over.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
The only real way to drive is from the passenger seat with one hand on the steering wheel 'cause your dad is trying to clean his glasses.

I do wear pretty snazzy shoes.
I honestly can't tell if I'm being mocked

Oh, I was referring to learning to drive in my 20s or whatever. Once I'm done with uni (and employed) I'm gonna get on top of that, seeing as it'll probably be a useless skill at that point.

Driving is weird.

It's easy once you know how. I passed my test in 2007 and my motorcycle test in 2009. I currently own and drive both. I think everybody who drives a car should be forced to take motorcycle lessons (not really). They're quite the eye opener and give people an incite as to what it's like to be on a bike, certainly makes you a better more careful car driver.

SKINNER!

Banned
What's the deal with motorcyclists zipping down the middle white lines in between two cars during a traffic jam on a main highway? get in line like the rest of us!

Posted this in another thread:

Anyone here live in Westminster, Ken & Chels or Fulham?

My local NHS told me that they offer mail-in Chlamydia tests, and apparently you still get £10 HMV vouchers. Head on over here.

Did this twice in two years a few years ago and got my vouchers. Just about made it in the age requirement now (between 16-24).

Completely forgot I did this a few years back, but its awesome that they still run it. Kinda a waste of tax-payer money, but if they're offering it I might as well take advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom