• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, I don't. Sometimes I still do it without thinking and realise "wtf did I do that for? There's no instructor next to me"
I remember there when I was learning there was a corner at the bottom of my street that went on to an uphill road. My instructor loved it as he liked to test if students to see if they could take off in 1st, get the car in 2nd just before the turn and then continue up the hill in one fluid go whilst keeping their hand positions and feeding the wheel. Don't get me wrong, it was easy enough. But how much easier it is to have one hand on the wheel and one on the stick and to change gear whilst you turn. There's no comparison. Feeding the wheel just shits everything up and gives you more to think about and over complicates driving.

Picked up some freshly made chocolate chip cookies, only just realised halfway through the first that they're chocolate chilli cookies. Go fuck yourself, whoever thought of this.

Xun, all I have to say is persevere. I look back to being nervous for my first few lessons and laugh about how much I've progressed since then. Even when you pass, you won't feel 100% like you should be allowed to drive without supervision, and that's where continued practice comes in.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
No 80's compilation is worth my time without 'Beastie Boys - The New Style'.

Oh, and 'Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off'.

Definitely makes it.

CHEEZMO™;37989670 said:
Got Max Payne 3 \o/

Speak nothing of any story elements! Having to wait for the PC version is a fucking farce.

Suairyu

Banned
CHEEZMO™;37989670 said:
Got Max Payne 3 \o/
Give us some spoiler-lite (I mean, I'm sure everyone can agree the first hour or so is fair game) impressions, please! Did you play the first two much?

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Give us some spoiler-lite (I mean, I'm sure everyone can agree the first hour or so is fair game) impressions, please! Did you play the first two much?

Played 1 a loooong time ago. Played 2 on PC probably too much :lol Finished that thing at least 5 times.

Really enjoying it so far - only on chapter 3 or whatever because it's HARD! I'm playing on medium too. I'm just too used to playing shooters with health regen, so it's gonna take a little while to get into the rhythm.

But it looks very promising so far.

Considering ordering takeaway. Despite it being as easy (and much cheaper) to head to the shops. One of those evenings. Any suggestions for what to get?

Just watched the new episodes of Community and - holy shit! - were they amazing.

tBeOF.gif

I hope Karen Gillen turns up on it.

Suairyu

Banned
O god you guys I just hooked up my Dreamcast via VGA for the first time ever. It looks better than my fucking Wii over component.

Shenmue is still a looker, all these years on. It astounds me.

SKINNER!

Banned
O god you guys I just hooked up my Dreamcast via VGA for the first time ever. It looks better than my fucking Wii over component.

Shenmue is still a looker, all these years on. It astounds me.

Shenmue 1 and 2 HD Collection followed by Shenmue 3. BELIEVE!

still need to pick up Shenmue 2 for the DC actually.

I hope Karen Gillen turns up on it.

Gillian Jacobs + Alison Brie + Karen Gillen on the same screen =
qGjju.gif

daviyoung

Banned
Did you stop gaming in 2002? Because unless you love shmups or 2D fighters everything on the Dreamcast is going to seem incredibly dated. Even MSR.

Ok folks, so this is me after the spray tan

a4cac521.jpg

and of course the obligatory facebook duck-face pose, just to keep it real

ed458793.jpg

then I realised I didn't take any before pics, and because I don't really look that tanned because you can't see how pale I was before, I thought I'd provide evidence by way of tan line

5299cdae.jpg

Suairyu

Banned
Did you stop gaming in 2002? Because unless you love shmups or 2D fighters everything on the Dreamcast is going to seem incredibly dated. Even MSR.
shenmue. Shenmue 2.Power stone. Power stone 2. Soul calibur. Skies of Arcadia. Rayman 2. Jet set radio. Crazy taxi. Space channel 5. Ecco. Wacky Racers. Toy Commander. Trickstyle. Metropolis street racer. Sega bass fishing. Typing of the dead. Hydro thunder. Street fighter 3. Street fighter alpha 3. Marvel vs capcom 2. Chu Chu rocket (seriously, best puzzle attack game ever)

Off the top of by head, all those still stand up today. I'm sure there's more. Dreamcast had an amazingly taut library.

I'm disagreeing with you over msr. Graphics and online play are the only thing it lacks, and even the graphics still look good enough thanks to the dreamcasts insane texture ability and bizarre creations' great design skill.

daviyoung

Banned
Dated in gameplay or graphics, because if it is the latter that is of no concern.

Well, both. Graphics can be over looked but I can't go back to them controls. Especially for 3D games. Game design has also changed a lot too. A lot of the ones Suairyu mentioned have been ported to other systems, or have sequels on other systems.

Then again, you have played Shenmue right?

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
CHEEZMO™;38016398 said:
Burger King, yum yum!

Mac deeze is better bro. Im going to pick up a few plain double cheeseburgers after work (got a macs just at the end of the road from work lol im going to be about 13 stone by the time I hit retirement.

I was wrong about the fake tan.. It looks pretty fucking nice :).

In regard to macdonalds in also going to try there new supreme? Burger. I love trying new burgers but I'l also grab a few plain doubles to revheat up through the night when I get home.

Suairyu

Banned
Worth it for Chu Chu Rocket alone, aka "why didn't SEGA ever put it on xbla, psn and steam and make more money than they've ever made before"?

Also Shenmue is magical.

Suairyu

Banned
Am at Plymouth barbican. Olympic torch passing through soon. Then for a night of entertainment on the hoe with some very attractive friends. Life is good, UK-GAF.

What's the attitude/feeling around with torch stuff? Positive energy? Despite olympic apathy I'm starting to warm to the torch stuff. PUN INTENDED, LOLLE.

Oh, and in the Paralympics, wheelchair rugby looks amazing. Will watch that.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
What's the attitude/feeling around with torch stuff? Positive energy? Despite olympic apathy I'm starting to warm to the torch stuff. PUN INTENDED, LOLLE.

Oh, and in the Paralympics, wheelchair rugby looks amazing. Will watch that.

I mentioned a couple of pages back but next month it's coming past the end of my road back in Huddersfield. Providing the weather's good we're gonna stand about and see it pass then get some beers down and have a BBQ.

I mentioned a couple of pages back but next month it's coming past the end of my road back in Huddersfield. Providing the weather's good we're gonna stand about and see it pass then get some beers down and have a BBQ.

They already had the fake one come to campus back in... March? I'm gonna say March. That was uneventful. :lol

Suairyu

Banned
Oh god I ended up sharing an earth-shattering kiss with one of my friends. Seriously, my entire perspective on life itself has just changed.

It's not often you have a kiss like that. This complicates matters.

f0rk

Oh god I ended up sharing an earth-shattering kiss with one of my friends. Seriously, my entire perspective on life itself has just changed.

It's not often you have a kiss like that. This complicates matters.

Should have stayed in and played Diablo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom