• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Been kicking it back bigtime in the sun up in Newcastle. Luvin lyf 2k12.

And bad new Suariyu, it's surprisingly shitty when a pet's taken from you, didn't quite understand it until we had to have our cat put down.

Good morning GAF!

It's another beautiful day outside, we're nearly half way to the weekend, and then I'll only have another week in this shithole! Yay!

So, what's going on with the rest of UK Gaf today? Anything exciting happening?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Good morning GAF!

It's another beautiful day outside, we're nearly half way to the weekend, and then I'll only have another week in this shithole! Yay!

So, what's going on with the rest of UK Gaf today? Anything exciting happening?

I'm sitting in ball soup in my office today. Yay summer! :mad: Been super busy already, so I'm looking forward to the day calming down now... yeah, as if!

Super hyped for this weekend though, I've earned it. Get my first big paycheck through this weekend, so it will be fun to spunk it on a new suit and getting my heating fixed (radiators come on when I put the hot water on. Not good in summer at all!)

Xun

Feeding the wheel, in my opinion, is a nightmare and feels completely unnatural. I'd say the vast majority of people never do it after they pass their test. I palm steer all the time and it's just 100% easier and more comfortable. Obviously instructors will tell you it's unsafe but I can't ever recall getting in to trouble steering this way. Also, it's easy and fast to stick an extra hand on the wheel if need be.

It will all come to you eventually.

Good luck.

oh yeah, very normal. Unless your dad like had an airfield and he allowed you to drive his Bugatti during your childhood then you are suppose to find your first couple of lessons a little daunting. Trust me, you'll look back at that question after a month and laugh :)

Xun, all I have to say is persevere. I look back to being nervous for my first few lessons and laugh about how much I've progressed since then. Even when you pass, you won't feel 100% like you should be allowed to drive without supervision, and that's where continued practice comes in.
Well I have my second lesson later on today, so hopefully I'll feel like I'm making some progress.

I can't wait to come to terms with certain things in a car, I just hope my instructor doesn't tell me to do anything too crazy for a while.

Edit: Sorry to hear about your dog Suairyu. :(

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I had an awesome BBQ in the wild with a few friends yesterday. Near the end of the night we were cooking meat over the fire, The things us men do to eat.

I'm going to buy a decent BBQ for the next outing, they porable ones just don't cut it for aparty +5

I have to go to a lunch with the head of my department, its going to be super awkward.

Won't be to bad if there's social lubricants at the table.

Few more hours free time before i head into the warehouse to tidy shit up for 8 hours.

SKINNER!

Banned
I just hope my instructor doesn't tell me to do anything too crazy for a while. :(

YEu9H.jpg

Happy belated birthday SmokyDave!

Sorry about your dog Suairyu!
Another lovely day but I must carry on with uni work sadly. Just tried to do student finance, and their awful service is down. I see nothing ever changes with them.

@Xun- trust me you'll be fine. You'll be missing the lessons once you've passed your test. There is a lot to learn at first, but once you've covered it all you can step back and see how it all fits together.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Another lovely day but I must carry on with uni work sadly. Just tried to do student finance, and their awful service is down. I see nothing ever changes with them.

I have to get in contact with them as well since they don't seem to be taking any money off of me. Might just have to gather a lump sum and throw it their way in order to keep the interest down.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Work has been giving 7 free rooms at the Premier Inn this Friday as part of their preview week. Have no idea whether to take advantage of this.

I think you've got the right idea there Kent, it certainly is BBQ weather! Might have to sort the balcony out, probably do one on Sunday.

So, I don't wanna get too excited or anything, but check out who isn't a junior anymore!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I saw someone wearing a duffel coat yesterday. Poor guy really got caught off guard by the weather.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
SNES bitches, that's how it was spelt. I'm English not Irish, the letters are a guide to pronounciation, not something to ignored willy nilly.

Kentpaul

I think you've got the right idea there Kent, it certainly is BBQ weather! Might have to sort the balcony out, probably do one on Sunday.

So, I don't wanna get too excited or anything, but check out who isn't a junior anymore!

Get a few friends and drive to a great Beauty spot for it, we choose a local fishing spot one the the guys in our travel part knew about. The Campfire is the highlight to any outings to nature. Nice awesome big river bend with a huge grassy banking tucked away from the civilised world.

Qasiel

Eeeesh, just came out of a meeting with everyone who works shift about redundancies. The next week is going to be tense until we find out who's up for the chop.

Oh, and it's totally Snezz.

Nezz > Snezz > En Sixty Four.

Eeeesh, just came out of a meeting with everyone who works shift about redundancies. The next week is going to be tense until we find out who's up for the chop.

Oh, and it's totally Snezz.

Nezz > Snezz > En Sixty Four.

Surely you in all your team leadery goodness won't be at risk though? There are plenty of plebs there they can get rid of, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Kentpaul

CHEEZMO™;38132675 said:
HOLY SHIT THIS FUCKING WEATHER I'VE BEEN OUT ALL DAY AND ONLY JUST GOT IN OH LAWD

/dies

Try sweeping floors and emptying bins in a warehouse for hours

/backbreaking work. Wish I was outdoors with a can of Strongbow(yes iv only got into Strongbow ) and a bad boy spliffy!

Nezz-snez-en sixty four- pee es one - pee es two

Xun

The 2nd driving lesson was fine.

Had a lot more fun than the previous one, and my instructor said I was a natural at it.

Suairyu

Banned
New gypsy thread YAY I love discussing this with people on GAF so much they have such amazing insights like black people were once discriminated against en masse and therefore all problems with gypsies are the fault of the english.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom