• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
My housemate's sister was selling 2 tickets to Blink 182 at the Metro Radio Arena for next month, snapped 'em up. Already had a mate going so I can just go with him and my housemate now, can't fucking wait.

Salvadora

New gypsy thread YAY I love discussing this with people on GAF so much they have such amazing insights like black people were once discriminated against en masse and therefore all problems with gypsies are the fault of the english.

It is a difficult situation to try to explain.

New gypsy thread YAY I love discussing this with people on GAF so much they have such amazing insights like black people were once discriminated against en masse and therefore all problems with gypsies are the fault of the english.

Yeah I saw J Tourettes warn about this on the facebook group, I'm staying away from this one. Hope we don't lose any more Uk Gaffers.

Yeah I saw J Tourettes warn about this on the facebook group, I'm staying away from this one. Hope we don't lose any more Uk Gaffers.

It's pretty much died down. I've only been on GAF a year and a half or so and lurker for a bit more, this one seemed quite tame to others I've seen/heard of.

Actually while I'm on I was wondering if its normal for people in the UK to have casual chats with strangers on the train.

I was coming back from Twickenham on Saturday after the Heineken final on the slow train out to Luton and had a brilliant chat with one lad about rugby and British beers and so on. Now I've had that before in other countries, not Ireland as that kinda thing is an absolute rarity here, but during our conversation other people were chiming in too who had no association with either of us. And none of these guys gave the impression that they were pissed or anything either.

That and some young lad, probably 18 or so, joined in on the conversation when the guy I was talking to mentioned he worked for a brewery and tried to pitch him a new beer.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Actually while I'm on I was wondering if its normal for people in the UK to have casual chats with strangers on the train.

I was coming back from Twickenham on Saturday after the Heineken final on the slow train out to Luton and had a brilliant chat with one lad about rugby and British beers and so on. Now I've had that before in other countries, not Ireland as that kinda thing is an absolute rarity here, but during our conversation other people were chiming in too who had no association with either of us. And none of these guys gave the impression that they were pissed or anything either.

That and some young lad, probably 18 or so, joined in on the conversation when the guy I was talking to mentioned he worked for a brewery and tried to pitch him a new beer.

I wouldn't say it's normal, but if two strangers do start talking, then it's highly likely that others will join in too. Sometimes it's as if everyone was waiting for someone to break the ice.

I wear headphones though, fuck conversations! :p

Mr. Sam

There are people I talk to on the train to Charlton of a Saturday.

I've struggled to approach women on the train since seeing Shame. Now I just follow them home.

Suairyu

Banned
We have a Facebook group?

And yeah, UK trains are this magical place where all strangers will talk with each other. Except the sweaty, smelly metal heads you listen to 'Down With The Sickness' on loop on leaky earphones for the whole journey.

Xun

A lot of the time when I go on buses/trains I won't bother with listening to music.

I've had many interesting conversations with people.

Mr. Sam

Except the sweaty, smelly metal heads you listen to 'Down With The Sickness' on loop on leaky earphones for the whole journey.

I was mocked - or disbelieved - in another thread when I said there was such a thing as not-shit earphones which don't let everyone around you listen to what you're listening to. I was right, wasn't I?

I wouldn't say it's normal, but if two strangers do start talking, then it's highly likely that others will join in too. Sometimes it's as if everyone was waiting for someone to break the ice.

I wear headphones though, fuck conversations! :p

Yeah that's a good point. It was just an interesting kind of experience, never really had that happen before. I mean sure, if you think of other sporting occasions and you might talk to another fan of the team on the train/bus who was at it also sure but not that way. I think a lot of them were in London watching the Champions League. That and there were two very dejected Blackpool fans who didn't join in lol

Was pretty cool actually, some really nice people on that train. Would do it again :p

I was mocked - or disbelieved - in another thread when I said there was such a thing as not-shit earphones which don't let everyone around you listen to what you're listening to. I was right, wasn't I?

Yeah I'm pretty sure they do exist. That said I don't crank up the volume crazy on public transport anyway.

Suairyu

Banned
Of course there are - the ones that sit into the ear canal rather than the common type that gets bundled with the mp3 players. They give much better bass, noise cancellation and sound quality in general, too.

People who don't use them are just selfish.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

They certainly do exist, they're just not normally white.

I have a pair of Seinheisser CX300s and the sound leakage is minimal, especially if you're not abusing the volume. They give a good sound on low volume too, so when I wear them I'm more often disturbed by other people's headphones than anyone is by mine.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah that's a good point. It was just an interesting kind of experience, never really had that happen before. I mean sure, if you think of other sporting occasions and you might talk to another fan of the team on the train/bus who was at it also sure but not that way. I think a lot of them were in London watching the Champions League. That and there were two very dejected Blackpool fans who didn't join in lol

Was pretty cool actually, some really nice people on that train. Would do it again :p

I'm not into sport so I'm shit outta luck there, but I have chatted to people on the train home from gigs in the past, where there are other sweaty young people too. I guess a common interest will easily bond people. I should talk to people about iPhone games on the train.

They certainly do exist, they're just not normally white.

I have a pair of Seinheisser CX300s and the sound leakage is minimal, especially if you're not abusing the volume. They give a good sound on low volume too, so when I wear them I'm more often disturbed by other people's headphones than anyone is by mine.

I was going to say Seinheissers. So comfortable, no noise leakage even at high volume, great sound.

I've never understood why apple, who produce great quality phones/mp3s, insist on including the shittest earphones ever conceived. They should strike up some sort of deal with Seinheisser.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Let's all move to Swansea and smoke crack( well il be smoking free base coke sprinkled over a joint of weed) lets do it people! My hate for Wales is now over!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I was going to say Seinheissers. So comfortable, no noise leakage even at high volume, great sound.

I've never understood why apple, who produce great quality phones/mp3s, insist on including the shittest earphones ever conceived. They should strike up some sort of deal with Seinheisser.

They'd probably end up going with Monster or Beats or something overpriced and wanky like that.

Kentpaul

Music at high volume ftl, doesn't that fuck up the little fibers in the inside of your ear? Unreparable damage for the loss. I keep my Music headphone volume to a sensible level and only use my headphones 2,3 nights a week (no longer than 2 hours).

Mr. Sam

I have Sennheiser CX400-IIs. I thought the volume control was a little excessive but it can actually be quite handy. Yay Sennheiser.

Edit: I also have Sennheiser headphones. For the big stuff.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
They'd probably end up going with Monster or Beats or something overpriced and wanky like that.

I was talking to this little work experience kiddie the other day and he recommended Beats headphones to me and I nearly laughed in his face. I said fuck that, my mum doesn't buy this shit for me any more, I'll take the much more affordable and awesome sounding Senns, thanksverymuch. I think I may have crushed his tiny soul...

Let's all move to Swansea and smoke crack( well il be smoking free base coke sprinkled over a joint of weed) lets do it people! My hate for Wales is now over!

I don't know about moving, but a stoned holiday with KentPaul sounds like my idea of fun!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Music at high volume ftl, doesn't that fuck up the little fibers in the inside of your ear? Unreparable damage for the loss. I keep my Music headphone volume to a sensible level and only use my headphones 2,3 nights a week (no longer than 2 hours).

True dat! It distorts as well, I don't know why people do it. OH IT NEEDS TO BE LOUD OK ENJOY THE TINNITUS

I have a pair of headphones from the 2 euro shop where if I can hold the wire in the right place, I get sound in the right ear.

I'm such a cheap bastard that I save my dead headphones when one ear goes and use them as emergency headphones. I get a headphone splitter and then listen to the working earbud from two pairs. It's often monophonic, but it's better than talking to old people on the bus...

I'm such a cheap bastard that I save my dead headphones when one ear goes and use them as emergency headphones. I get a headphone splitter and then listen to the working earbud from two pairs. It's often monophonic, but it's better than talking to old people on the bus...

You just blew my mind! I never thought of doing that before.

SKINNER!

Banned

scVow.gif

Remarkable.

Heading to London in June with my gf, any opinions which musical is better out of The Lion King or Les Mis?

Went to see the Lion King in London almost a year ago and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Heard good things about Les Mis too. You'll get a blowjob either way so it's a win win regardless of which one you go to.

kharma45

Went to see the Lion King in London almost a year ago and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Heard good things about Les Mis too. You'll get a blowjob either way so it's a win win regardless of which one you go to.

May go with the Lion King then. She really wants to see it and it's a bit more but the view they show on the website still looks good.

i3DWMiuhPxRj.png

Kentpaul

I have a pair of sennhiasers (sp lol) hd25 or something they cost around 60 quid and they sound amazing, the bass ain't over powering so you hear every little ping and ting on the track. Il post pictures Of my headphones sitting with beer cans later. (earning a living ATM)

Heading to London in June with my gf, any opinions which musical is better out of The Lion King or Les Mis?

I've seen both and I loved both, but my fave is Les Mis purely for the music.

It all depends on personal taste really, but I'd say if you've not seen either, or any/many musicals at all, then probably best to go for The Lion King, it's visually better and you'll know the songs.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member

86G5O.gif

I need to buy new headphones badly. First, 1 of the cans on the gaming headset snapped off then a set of Sennheiser buds crapped out after 1 month (FFFFFFFFFF). Everything sounds distorted as fuck unless the planets align while you hold it just so, feels bad man. Currently using an old pair of Apple buds which suuuuuuuck.

Might just say fuck it and get the Bowers & Wilkins c5's. Sick of stuff breaking, if those don't do the business I'm gonna roll like this:

Co2n9.jpg

Chinner

Banned
i wore chinos because i thought id join the rest of the nobheads and a white shirt. in retrospect, i call it the nathan drake look.

Kentpaul

i like my barbers, got free beer woo.

How did you drink it with your hands under the cover ?

Girls bringing me a big fat bad boy spliffy skunky ass cannabis joint and a can of hopping hoppery barley beerin Stella for after work.

Sitting In the car summer cruising home like a boss folks. Another hour till I clock out this bitch though.

Kentpaul

250679_lg.jpg

These are the best things ever invented and I suggest you all get one. Feel so cool right now.

Il drag one out a closet when I get home cheers for the suggestion bro ;)

Words just in my girlfriend has forgot to lift my Stella! Im going to get such a droof smoking this joint on the way home now. :( mehhhhh

Suairyu

Banned
Saturday Night Fever is a great.

So many films I never watched because as a spotty 14 year old I considered them "for girls".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom