• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
Had my bike stolen today. Cleaned that bad boy up yesterday, put some nice new tyres on it this morning and someone nicked it at a CCTV heavy train station. Sadly, I don't have too much faith in our police to actually get it back. I was having such a nice day drinking beer with a mate I haven't seen in ages, too.

Goddammit. Sorry to hear that. Hope the asshole falls off and knocks himself out (assuming he didn't also steal your helmet). and it really is pathetic how we got a million CCTV cameras dotted around yet the majority of them have such crappy picture quality that the courts can't use as evidence to identify anything.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Goddammit. Sorry to hear that. Hope the asshole falls off and knocks himself out (assuming he didn't also steal your helmet). and it really is pathetic how we got a million CCTV cameras dotted around yet the majority of them have such crappy picture quality that the courts can't use as evidence to identify anything.

No. He may have stolen a bike but he doesn't deserve possible death for theft. (I'v had a few bikes stolen from me in the past but wishing death on the thief?

Nah, Life > objects.

f0rk's right that, as good as having a reputation as an efficient workers is, being able to choose what work you accept (i.e. not all of it) is vital. Take on too much and you find yourself in the situation you're in now!

Suairyu

Banned
Yeah but I'm young.

Okay, I'm not, I'm 24, but people in my job should be 21/22ish and young, so they should carry the burden and not sleep much because they can manage it.

I've got to keep up with the young people. I need to beat them and get promoted first and stuff because I'm behind.

I go to bed at 10:30 and make sure I get 8 hours of sleep so I stay healthy.

Yen

No. He may have stolen a bike but he doesn't deserve possible death for theft. (I'v had a few bikes stolen from me in the past but wishing death on the thief?

Nah, Life > objects.

At worst, you should hope the thief gets punched in the back of the head at a urinal, right?

f0rk

Yeah but I'm young.

Okay, I'm not, I'm 24, but people in my job should be 21/22ish and young, so they should carry the burden and not sleep much because they can manage it.

I've got to keep up with the young people. I need to beat them and get promoted first and stuff because I'm behind.

I go to bed at 10:30 and make sure I get 8 hours of sleep so I stay healthy.

Well don't burn yourself out. Maybe it's the different industries (TV/Media for you right?) but having to 'beat' your colleagues doesn't make a particularly pleasant work environment in my mind.

Watching The Road on iPlayer, this was a mistake.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

HA HA HA HA! If someone expected me to stay up late when I was 21/22 I would slap them, but luckily for them I wouldn't be able to because I'd be in bed sleeping.

Nothing gets in between me and my favourite hobby.

Yen

Well don't burn yourself out. Maybe it's the different industries (TV/Media for you right?) but having to 'beat' your colleagues doesn't make a particularly pleasant work environment in my mind.

The book is very good. Though, depressing:
"He walked out in the gray light and stood and he saw for a brief moment the absolute truth of the world. The cold relentless circling of the intestate earth. Darkness implacable. The blind dogs of the sun in their running. The crushing black vacuum of the universe. And somewhere two hunted animals trembling like ground-foxes in their cover. Borrowed time and borrowed world and borrowed eyes with which to sorrow it."

Suairyu

Banned
Morning chaps! Now I have the slightly tricky task of returning police property without anyone knowing. The taking is always so much easier.

HA HA HA HA! If someone expected me to stay up late when I was 21/22 I would slap them, but luckily for them I wouldn't be able to because I'd be in bed sleeping.
How is bed by 22:30 late? I get more sleep than most people I know.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
How is bed by 22:30 late? I get more sleep than most people I know.

But I cut that bit out because I wasn't referring to your sleeping habits, which I feel are very good. Even I go to bed later than that. I just remember while I was at uni people would have terrible sleeping habits. I have a friend (23) who still does.

Suairyu

Banned
But I cut that bit out because I wasn't referring to your sleeping habits, which I feel are very good. Even I go to bed later than that. I just remember while I was at uni people would have terrible sleeping habits. I have a friend (23) who still does.
It's only once I hit my mid 23s/24 that I needed a decent sleep pattern. It was like all of a sudden "BOOM, you're old. Sleep properly, motherfucker!" and I ended up feeling ill if I didn't.

Had my bike stolen today. Cleaned that bad boy up yesterday, put some nice new tyres on it this morning and someone nicked it at a CCTV heavy train station. Sadly, I don't have too much faith in our police to actually get it back. I was having such a nice day drinking beer with a mate I haven't seen in ages, too.

This absolutely sucks ass, was a really nice bike too. Really feel for you bro, you don't have the best of luck with bikes do ya? Well I hope the cctv shows something up and they catch the guy, or at the very least it is covered by the house insurance.

This is why I refuse to leave my bike chained up anywhere. The bloke has this massive ridiculously heavy chain which metal cutters would have no chance getting through, and another really long chain that he wraps through and around both tyres. Gotta have the best beefed up security these days.

Is the film any good? I read the book and loved it, been meaning to catch the film for a while now but don't want it to ruin it.

SteveWD40

Is the film any good? I read the book and loved it, been meaning to catch the film for a while now but don't want it to ruin it.

It's really good, I read the book first and I found the film nailed most of the important stuff, Viggo is a boss in anything he does and this is no exception, it's fucking heartbreaking at points.

Kentpaul

At worst, you should hope the thief gets punched in the back of the head at a urinal, right?

Calm down bro, I stopped hitting the man before he died. Falling of a bike can cause some major damage. Still ain't set foot in that bar since in case i get glassed or something.

I'm bored today since the sun is away so i'm downloading the D3 starter pack (friend gave me a code) how many hours of joy will this bring me ?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Calm down bro, I stopped hitting the man before he died. Falling of a bike can cause some major damage. Still ain't set foot in that bar since in case i get glassed or something.

I'm bored today since the sun is away so i'm downloading the D3 starter pack (friend gave me a code) how many hours of joy will this bring me ?

Approximately 2 and a half.
YMMV

Kentpaul

Approximately 2 and a half.
YMMV

Meh.. i was hoping for at least 15 hours.

logged in lets do this

quick review. Loving the ART style and flash game style gameplay but wtf is with the overhead view.. I'l need to get used to this

TCRS

Banned
I'm really liking those new american burgers at McDonalds (I've tried the Chicago Supreme and New York Classic), but they need to bring back the Big Tasty ASAP. Big Tasty > Whopper > EVERYTHING!

dc89

Lunch today in the House of Commons.

AuD-77DCAAEf1tK.jpg

https://twitter.com/michaelsavage/status/207445888270991360/photo/1

Haha!!!

Suairyu

Banned
Never a fan of flaky pastry on the pasties. I prefer a good, hard, stodgy shell for mine. It's miners' food and miners can't be dealing their pastry flakes getting everywhere.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Just throwing out a quick question... On Monday I had a job interview in a town(village?) right by Lincoln and I think it went very well.

What does UK GAF think of Lincoln and the surrounding area? It doesn't seem like a bad looking place at all and the waterfront was impressive. The town was close by bus and closer by train too.

Qasiel

Never a fan of flaky pastry on the pasties. I prefer a good, hard, stodgy shell for mine. It's miners' food and miners can't be dealing their pastry flakes getting everywhere.

Can't be eating those crusts, neither.

Tried seeing if my bike was covered on the home insurance, but it wasn't. I'll give the Transport Police a ring tomorrow to see if they've found anything, but again, I'm not holding out much hope. On the upside, I have a friend who works in a bike shop who said that he'd sort me out a good bike for a great price, so I guess I have a shiny new bike to be looking forward to!

SteveWD40

Just throwing out a quick question... On Monday I had a job interview in a town(village?) right by Lincoln and I think it went very well.

What does UK GAF think of Lincoln and the surrounding area? It doesn't seem like a bad looking place at all and the waterfront was impressive. The town was close by bus and closer by train too.

Good friend of mine is from Lincoln, he always has nice things to day about it, some of it can be a bit backward (his dad is in the BNP...) but overall pleasant for the most part.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Good friend of mine is from Lincoln, he always has nice things to day about it, some of it can be a bit backward (his dad is in the BNP...) but overall pleasant for the most part.

Thanks mate. I'm supposed to hear back about the job at the end of the week.

NHS ended up cancelling tomorrow's interview in Manchester... Only heard a couple of hours ago.

Bo-Locks

Anybody see that the parents of the children killed in the house fire in Derby have been arrested?

I said as soon as I saw their "appeal" that something dodgy was going on. They were unable to look directly into the camera and appeal to the public. Family are always the first suspects anyway. They were a bunch of local celebrity scumbags that wanted a bigger house. I reckon they started the fire so that they could "rescue" the children, enhance their "celebrity status" and get a bigger house, but it all went horribly wrong.

Kentpaul

Anywhere in England is a big no no. It's clearly the worse place in the uk to move to. If you want real beauty move to scotland, ireland (dont move to a Wales also because I seen a documentary with people shooting up smack next to a high street) Wales is the Russia of great Britain. England being the Sibera of great Britan (depressing bleak flat landscapes)

Anybody see that the parents of the children killed in the house fire in Derby have been arrested?

I said as soon as I saw their "appeal" that something dodgy was going on. They were unable to look directly into the camera and appeal to the public. Family are always the first suspects anyway. They were a bunch of local celebrity scumbags that wanted a bigger house. I reckon they started the fire so that they could "rescue" the children, enhance their "celebrity status" and get a bigger house, but it all went horribly wrong.

I live about a mile from them.

And yeah, wouldn't surprise me that.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Anywhere in England is a big no no. It's clearly the worse place in the uk to move to. If you want real beauty move to scotland, ireland (dont move to a Wales also because I seen a documentary with people shooting up smack next to a high street) Wales is the Russia of great Britain. England being the Sibera of great Britan (depressing bleak flat landscapes)

Dude, I'm going wherever the jobs are. I can't afford to pick and choose.

Suairyu

Banned
I just made a potentially ban-worthy post HOWEVER it has decent context and I've never been banned for this before. I'll need you guys to petition for my release should a mod not see the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom