• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
lets hope you don't wake up in a bath full of ice and a few organs missing!

That's some weird Justified shit right there son. I'll keep it cool and try to avoid the "I am new here!" image so no bad things could happen :p

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
That's some weird Justified shit right there son. I'll keep it cool and try to avoid the "I am new here!" image so no bad things could happen :p

Don't walk around with a 3 grand camera dangling from your neck wearing shorts.

Now she wanna lick my plum in the evening
And fit that ton-tongue d-deep in
I guess that cunt getting eaten [x5]

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Don't walk around with a 3 grand camera dangling from your neck wearing shorts.

Now she wanna lick my plum in the evening
And fit that ton-tongue d-deep in
I guess that cunt getting eaten [x5]

I won't be. I am just going to have my Windows phone to take pictures with (and my IPAD but that's during the day and will be in a slime secured sling back pack) and a money wallet and keys when out at the night; white tee-shirt blue jean with shoes combo. I love my jeans and soft colours too much <3

Will get a nice shirt and trousers though when going to one of the opera nights and see that live like a boss.

Kentpaul

I won't be. I am just going to have my Windows phone to take pictures with (and my IPAD but that's during the day and will be in a slime secured sling back pack) and a money wallet and keys when out at the night; white tee-shirt blue jean with shoes combo. I love my jeans and soft colours too much <3

Will get a nice shirt and trousers though when going to one of the opera nights and see that live like a boss.

Don't forget to change before hitting they clubs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7MCbis75wk&feature=related

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Hey I just watched this trailer, has anyone else seen it? It's the first I've heard of it, but it looks really interesting

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/indiegame/

Yeah, I'm slavering to watch it. Phil Fish, Jon Blow, the meat boy guys... reads like a list of my favourite games!

Well there was a bit of controversy with the Fez guy belittling Japanese developers when he gave a talk about that film. That's really all I know about it.

That's because the Japanese games industry hasn't done anything decent for about 10 years. Yeah, I went there. Butthurt Japanophiles can sit and spin.

Fantasies is in my top 5 albums ever, I think.

YES. Metric were one of those bands that I liked in theory more than in practice. Fantasies is just an amazing record though. Gimme Sympathy is one of my favourite songs ever.

Just got back from Snow White and the Hunstman.

Okay film with absolutely gorgeous visuals. Worth seeing once on the big screen for those, but I won't be watching it ever again.
Gorgeous visuals - YES. I loved the scenery that was stuffed into the film. I was so bored all the way through it though. A shame, because the premise wasn't too bad. Disappointed :(

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
play more games

actually, I'll cut to the chase: play nintendo games and platinum games

and TWEWY

No :p

Actually have played most of these but really the Japanese industry is a shadow of its former self. Outside of Nintendo there is very little innovation IMO. Phil Fish definitely has a point.

Suairyu

Banned
Fuck me. My note-taking system was good until today just dumped a whole new load of work on me. I need a better way to keep track of this all. How good are tablet computers/iPads for this sort of shit? Might be something to save up for in the future.

No :p

Actually have played most of these but really the Japanese industry is a shadow of its former self. Outside of Nintendo there is very little innovation IMO. Phil Fish definitely has a point.
I see these comments a lot. To be honest, unless you actually play the majority of Japanese games, you can't really make sure a statement.

Especially when so much of the J-output has been on PSP and NDS, and those titles have been immensely creative.

Even a lot of my favourite big budget titles this gen have been Japanese. The difference, I think, is that they don't make headline news so much in the West anymore. They aren't promoted and they don't get a lot written about them. They're not in your mindspace.

I mean, I could very easily categorise the Western market as a bunch of derivative shooters and janky open world RPGs. But that would be unfair, which I know because I've explored a lot of what the Western games industry has to offer.

CHEEZMO™;38366895 said:
Anyone got plans for the Jubilee?

Tomorrow I'm doing the Macerana with 58 six year olds in front of 300 people while dressed as a 90's grunger, complete with make-up.

Weird day ahead. Especially when I'm meant to be eating a Jubilee lunch with their parents.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
CHEEZMO™;38366895 said:

Being out of the country to share the joy with the Prague folk on her Majestys behalf :p

Qasiel

CHEEZMO™;38366895 said:

Recovering from night shift on Monday, seeing Tenacious D on Tuesday.

In the meantime I'm packing stuff up and heading for a camping trip to Scotland (not for Kentpaul's... gathering).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That's because the Japanese games industry hasn't done anything decent for about 10 years. Yeah, I went there. Butthurt Japanophiles can sit and spin.
I'm not even going to bother with this since it just leads to pointless back and forth arguments. All I'll say is that I don't agree on one man saying a whole country's industry sucks.

CHEEZMO™;38366895 said:
In Sweden for a relative's birthday. This was booked a while back and earlier in the week my parents got sent tickets to the Jubilee concert. Missed a chance to see Shirley Bassey. :(

CHEEZMO™;38366895 said:

Fh3ro.gif

Over-used I know, tell someone who gives a fuck

Morning Gaffers! It's a beautiful sunny Friday with a 4 day weekend ahead, good times!

CHEEZMO™;38366895 said:

Actually immensely busy! Going to a friend's wedding tomorrow, heading down to watch the boat pageant thing on the Thames on Sunday, then off to a mate's BBQ after. Monday meeting up with another friend at a 50's Rockabilly themed day at one of our favourite pubs Big Red, then meeting the bloke and some others at the cinema to watch Prometheus. Tuesday will be mostly digging through our storage cupboard to find the rest of our camping gear and packing for our trip to Scotland with Qasiel and others.

I love these kind of weekends.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
CHEEZMO™;38366895 said:

Revising, though I might be off out tonight, at least going to the pub after today's exam.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Morning Gaffers! It's a beautiful sunny Friday with a 4 day weekend ahead, good times!

Actually immensely busy! Going to a friend's wedding tomorrow, heading down to watch the boat pageant thing on the Thames on Sunday, then off to a mate's BBQ after. Monday meeting up with another friend at a 50's Rockabilly themed day at one of our favourite pubs Big Red, then meeting the bloke and some others at the cinema to watch Prometheus. Tuesday will be mostly digging through our storage cupboard to find the rest of our camping gear and packing for our trip to Scotland with Qasiel and others.

I love these kind of weekends.

Scotland? y'all meeting up with KentPaul when you're up there too?

Aw man I wish I didn't put myself down for a 12hr overnight overtime shift this weekend. I've never done shift work before, but the money is just too good to resist. Plus I got a week off next week too. Meh.

Anyhoo, I'm gonna be bored as fuck from 7pm Sat night to 7am Sunday morning. Got a session in Barry Town Sunday night though due to a mates birthday, so it's all good in the end.

Kentpaul

Aw man I wish I didn't put myself down for a 12hr overnight overtime shift this weekend. I've never done shift work before, but the money is just too good to resist. Plus I got a week off next week too. Meh.

Anyhoo, I'm gonna be bored as fuck from 7pm Sat night to 7am Sunday morning. Got a session in Barry Town Sunday night though due to a mates birthday, so it's all good in the end.

What kind of work are you doing ? Just browse neogaf on your phone and spam caffeine into your system.

Shift work is the way forward. For me anyway, every week has random shifts so i'm never sucked into a life dulling same old same old.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I was going to do the same but then I checked the weather. 2 weeks record temperatures and beautiful sunshine, on the boat pageant day 10 degrees and lots of rain lol.

What better way to celebrate being British!

What kind of work are you doing ? Just browse neogaf on your phone and spam caffeine into your system.

Shift work is the way forward. For me anyway, every week has random shifts so i'm never sucked into a life dulling same old same old.

Does it not make planning other commitments difficult / impossible?

Wintel engineer. But apparently during the night, *touch wood* nothing goes wrong apart from maybe a few backup failures.

I'll be bringing in my laptop from home so I'll probably watch a few movies. It's the keeping awake bit I'm worried about!

Kentpaul

Wintel engineer. But apparently during the night, *touch wood* nothing goes wrong apart from maybe a few backup failures.

I'll be bringing in my laptop from home so I'll probably watch a few movies. It's the keeping awake bit I'm worried about!

I got a little sad when 1am hit on my nightshift because of how long i had left.. I loved clocking out and seeing all the 6am starts looking more tired than i was. This was only 8 hours though.. 12 hours fuck that.

No.

You could tell I was being sarcastic right......

Don't you like me ?

Kentpaul

Getting D3 next pay check. I'm going to dedicate a mug to get coffee stained, i will not wash this mug. This mug will just be used for coffee while i game. Hopefully when i reach max level in D3 the mug will be coffee stained for life.

Its my new goal in life. Lets hit this

dirty+cup.JPG

I wan't a mug like that. I want a gaming mug :)

pain in the ass doing this because the mug seems to clean its self every time i add boiling water over my coffee :(

I have 35 euro to get me through the long weekend. Out of that, I need a packet of cigarettes and a taxi which will leave me with about 15 for shennanigans. Fuck car tax.

Don't you like me ?

Whatever gave you that idea? I was just answering his question. He asked if we were meeting up with you when we went to Scotland, which we're not, so I just answered no. Of course I like you Kent, I think you're one of the cleverest, funniest, best looking people on this forum.

okay musha you're out of control you need to go for a walk

She really needs a few days off GAF to relax a bit, I think.

Right that's it, I've had enough of you guys, I'm going. BYE!

Bo-Locks

I think I posted before in this thread I was summoned for jury duty. I deferred it and it was rescheduled for 25th June at Manchester Crown Court, the same date that the trial of the killer of the Indian student Anuj Bidve starts.

So yeah, there's a big chance that I could be selected as a juror on one of the most high profile cases in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom