• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did the double bill consist of?

When will I learn not to make plans which are (mostly) reliant on nice weather... Have a caravan and car booked this week just half hour outside of Porthcawl and the Met Office says "RAIN, RAIN" oh and "RAIN!"

Guess it'll be wellies and a mac to hit the beaches then!

Suairyu

Banned
Queenie's on a boat.

We're just about to tuck into some freshly baked scones with jam and clotted cream and glasses of bubbly.

What did the double bill consist of?
I say double bill, it was more I stayed for both films the art cinema was showing. First was 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel for the Elderly and Beautiful', which was kind of a who's who of British cinema, feel-good and a bit over-sweet. Second was Aardman's 'Pirates in an Adventure with Scientists', which was a kind of who's who of British cinema, feel-good and a bit over-long.

It was a good evening. Felt more relaxed than I have done in aaaages.

Suairyu

Banned
Scones are eaten, so no more reason to watch boats. Back to Castlevania.

Also, visit this thread to see a bunch of low-income people eagerly telling a rich guy how to tax-dodge in London. It makes my stomach turn.

Chinner

Banned
okay lets role-play. im max payne, kentpaul is an orthodox jew, suairyu is president obama, cheezmo is the yellow power ranger, green scar is token black guy, smokey dave is gabe newell and bgbw is amy whinehouse.

Suairyu

Banned
My fellow Americorns. Let me promise you that I will promise a promising list of promises that I have little intention of keeping.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Shalom! Worse part about the hangover is having to work in a dream like mind set. This sucks so much mehhhhhhh :( I'm not drinking for the rest of the week.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Never have and never plan on doing so. The idea of putting stuff between my teeth just makes me shiver. It's bad enough when something gets in there accidentally, like a bit of crisp or something.

Blegh.

God damn the Yellow Ranger was always a pussy, like when you go to the theater and there's a damn spooky thing on the screen and you get all spooked 'n' shit

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
God damn the Yellow Ranger was always a pussy, like when you go to the theater and there's a damn spooky thing on the screen and you get all spooked 'n' shit

At least I'm not shouting at the screen all the time, Token Black Guy. THE CHARACTERS CAN'T HEAR YOU!

Suairyu

Banned
Reading that flossing thread, does anyone here floss? Never have, don't know anyone who has.
You know, a few weeks ago no-one imagined that we would have accomplished what we did on NeoGAF. No-one could have imagined it. For most of our childhoods, we were far behind. We always knew our climb would be steep. But in record numbers, you came out and you spoke out for flossing. And with your teeth and your gum, you made it clear that, at this moment, in this habit, there is something happening in Britain.

There is something happening when men and women come out in the sun of June, to wait in lines for Boots that stretch block after block because they believe in what this country's dental hygiene can be. There is something happening.

There is something happening when Britons who are young in age and in spirit, who've never participated in flossing before, turn out in numbers we have never seen because they know in their hearts that their teeth and gums must be looked after.

There's something happening when people floss not just for dentists they belong to, but for the hopes that they hold in common. Whether we are rich or poor, black or white, polish or asian, or we hail from Devon or Cornwall, Lancashire or Yorkshire, we are ready to take this country in a fundamentally new direction.

That's what's happening in Britain right now. Flossing is happening in Britain!

daviyoung

Banned
You know, a few weeks ago no-one imagined that we would have accomplished what we did on NeoGAF. No-one could have imagined it. For most of our childhoods, we were far behind. We always knew our climb would be steep. But in record numbers, you came out and you spoke out for flossing. And with your teeth and your gum, you made it clear that, at this moment, in this habit, there is something happening in Britain.

There is something happening when men and women come out in the sun of June, to wait in lines for Boots that stretch block after block because they believe in what this country's dental hygiene can be. There is something happening.

There is something happening when Britons who are young in age and in spirit, who've never participated in flossing before, turn out in numbers we have never seen because they know in their hearts that their teeth and gums must be looked after.

There's something happening when people floss not just for dentists they belong to, but for the hopes that they hold in common. Whether we are rich or poor, black or white, polish or asian, or we hail from Devon or Cornwall, Lancashire or Yorkshire, we are ready to take this country in a fundamentally new direction.

That's what's happening in Britain right now. Flossing is happening in Britain!

I read that in David Mitchell's voice for some reason.

Yen

My dentist has never told me to floss. I brush twice a day, but think I need to start using whitener, though.

Suairyu

Banned
My dentist has never told me to floss.
[oot]Despite it being recommended by the British dental associations and stuff, they never do. Funny thing, if you ask them about it, they'll go, "Oh, you should do it daily." They never bother to tell you of their own volition, though.

I do it every couple of days or if I have something stuck between my teeth.

f0rk

Didn't win £75 in the apprentice final but I think the best guy won.

What is UKGAF looking for out of E3? I'm looking for an excuse to buy a vita and the buzz seems pretty positive

Kentpaul

Didn't win £75 in the apprentice final but I think the best guy won.

What is UKGAF looking for out of E3? I'm looking for an excuse to buy a vita and the buzz seems pretty positive

I don't Really follow gaming at all but ain't the vita Doa?. Seems like a real Waste of hard earned buck. Then again the thought of gaming on any platform barr a pc makes me sick. I ain't no fanboy I just love using my pc for every single part of my home entertainment.

Kentpaul

How was the trip, Kentpaul?

Camping ? Il post a few pictures later

Shit was amazing the fire was huge and I was drinking John smith beer. Going to rearrange it again next week and hopefully every Saturday for the rest of summer. It's fucking great trekking out of our little camping area to find firewood having a great conversations each time. Missing my friends already.

SteveWD40

I don't Really follow gaming at all but ain't the vita Doa?. Seems like a real Waste of hard earned buck. Then again the thought of gaming on any platform barr a pc makes me sick. I ain't no fanboy I just love using my pc for every single part of my home entertainment.

I think E3 will be a good indication of the vita's lifespan, people were saying the 3DS was dota for a while as well, now it's selling very well.

Titles that will "make" the Vita that may be at E3:

Monster Hunter (owns Japan)
COD with decent MP
A solid AC (already detailed)
FF7 remake

It just needs the "system seller" franchises done half decently and it can be a relative success.

Kentpaul

Day one of giving up tobacco. I was never a smoker of cigerettes when sober because tobacco ain't addictive. But I do mix tobacco with weed and I'm stopping that today. Il get high by sprinkling pollin into a yogart tonight.

Give up tobacco with me guys. It's so easy.

Kentpaul

I think E3 will be a good indication of the vita's lifespan, people were saying the 3DS was dota for a while as well, now it's selling very well.

Titles that will "make" the Vita that may be at E3:

Monster Hunter (owns Japan)
COD with decent MP
A solid AC (already detailed)
FF7 remake

It just needs the "system seller" franchises done half decently and it can be a relative success.

I think gaming on smartphones has pretty much fucked the portable console market. There will always be dedicated fans who will buy the systems none the less. I would think kids will beg there parents for the latest smartphone this Christmas than ask or a vita/3ds.

Suairyu

Banned
You listened to Synthetica yet, Su? I dunno what to think of it. Starts off seeming like it could be Old World Underground tier and then just sorta isn't. Wanderlust and Speed The Collapse are probably my favourites.
I just listened to it and thought it was bloody good. Perhaps not as instantly catchy as Fantasies, but it's got some real nice sounds in it. I think it's more of an atmospheric/background album.

Kentpaul

I find it shocking that the forum owner just gives us OT'ers the shit end of the stick this week.

Here is the fire i built with my own hands FTW.

IMG_1355.jpg

I made the basic rock circle round the fire but my friends girlfriend made it more awesome by adding more smaller rocks next to my bigger rocks. The tyre pile in the background was my seat lol

IMG_1348.jpg

Me dressed like a casual party goer. (Looking hot as fuck i must add, if i was gay or a girl I'd fuck my self)

IMG_1341.jpg

Car A,B,C (I was in car C) looking for a good spot to camp

IMG_1342.jpg

The camping spot its self more or less, place was like the moon with craters everywhere

167476_10150895799483439_2038158379_n.jpg

A few of the tents, set up away from the fire.

we also had a great soundsystem for our Ipods to plug into, and an endless supply of sour diesel

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I try to floss since losing my teeth is one of my biggest fear. Have great difficulty with the back teeth though.

Oh and you're surprised a gaming forum gives the gaming side preference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom