• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
Criterion at EA press conference. All the player names were named after royals and at the end the guy went "God save the Queen!"

I might serve you if I'm working. When are you going to see it? :p
Either 1500 (more likely) or 1800 - I don't know what time she booked. I'll be the good looking one who is also a duck.

Suairyu

Banned
Bought some new boxer shorts and vest t-shirts today.

Few things better in life than brand new all-cotton underwear. Feels amazing.

Lirlond

All this talk of stalking Cheezmo got me intrigued. Keep finding this American cunt called Steve Martin. I doubt thats him.

I think I signed up to this forum pretty much this time last year to criticise all the Nintendo babies during E3 (my opinion, pretty much, is that if you still prefer Nintendo games to those on Xbox / PS3 as an adult, then you haven't fully matured). Particularly, their idea that the infinite number of Call of Duties, Ghost Recons, Battlefields, etc. is somehow less acceptable than having pretty much 10 properties, for which you release new games every few years (Smash Bros, Mario Party, Mario Kart, Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, etc.)

Someone's response to this criticism which stuck with me particularly was "but they added drifting in one of the Mario Karts, and then having two character per cart", as if this was better than adding, say, a Spec Ops or Nazi Zombie mode. Hilarious. Now, I give even less of a shit about gaming (although the Splinter Cell trailer yesterday pissed me off royally), so at least the OT side is here!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I think I signed up to this forum pretty much this time last year to criticise all the Nintendo babies during E3 (my opinion, pretty much, is that if you still prefer Nintendo games to those on Xbox / PS3 as an adult, then you haven't fully matured). Particularly, their idea that the infinite number of Call of Duties, Ghost Recons, Battlefields, etc. is somehow less acceptable than having pretty much 10 properties, for which you release new games every few years (Smash Bros, Mario Party, Mario Kart, Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, etc.)

Someone's response to this criticism which stuck with me particularly was "but they added drifting in one of the Mario Karts, and then having two character per cart", as if this was better than adding, say, a Spec Ops or Nazi Zombie mode. Hilarious. Now, I give even less of a shit about gaming (although the Splinter Cell trailer yesterday pissed me off royally), so at least the OT side is here!

No one is forcing you to play casual games bro.

Play Hard reset. The game will kick your sweet ass.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Joke post right.

Joke post right.

Well, to a certain extent yes, but primarily no. We'll leave aside the comment about maturity, because that's obviously just my opinion and I can't claim it to be fact, but I'd really love to hear a justification for why there being 9 Mario Parties, 7 Mario Karts, 12 Zeldas (just this century), etc. is any different to the multiple Call of Duties. I know it's popular to hate on COD (and for the record, I haven't owned a console for a few years and I'm certainly not a COD fanboy), but really the only difference is Activision churn one out each year, Nintendo churn one out every few years. Okay, it's less of a 'churn' with Zelda games, I'm assuming, but the less involved, more cartoony games are really no different, and yet the Nintendo fans lap it up.

hes joking, he clearly ain't played a PC game if he thinks xbox/ps3 games are mature.

Go have a sesh on DAYZ, enjoy biting your nails down to the skin with tenseness.

My statement was that if you prefer Nintendo games you are probably - on average - less mature. I did not say that liking PS3 / Xbox games makes you fully mature (we've all heard enough 14 year old COD player stories to know that's not the case). I've played DayZ and I love it, but my computer doesn't run it too well.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Because those seven Mario Karts are spread across seven different system, Mario Party across five (it did get rather bad during the GCN era which had four of them) and Zelda across seven (I'm assuming you are also referring to re-releases like aLttP GBA and OoT 3DS) whereas COD is seen an an annual affair with around six of them for the 360 alone. It's also the fact that the media laps them up every time while ignoring all the other fresh content out on the market. Criticism of the COD series doesn't just come from the Nintendo fans.

I'm not going to even touch that maturity argument.

Kentpaul

its always hot mature girls who owned a WII and acne covered 13 year olds who owned a 360.

and cool stoner hardcore gamers who owned a gaming rig.

facts, i only speak in them.

Call of Duty was part of a wholly separate argument - that both it and many Nintendo games release countless iterations with frankly minor differences. I'm not claiming Call of Duty to be the pinnacle of mature gaming.

Xun

Has anyone ever gone traveling?

I should've done it when I was at Uni, but since I'm still young I don't think it would be too late.

Kentpaul

Well I'll accept Mario games don't have the same mature, intelligent socio-political commentary that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 has.

I don't play call of duty games.

Super Mario world was the last Mario game i enjoyed. I'm not debating this further because my favourite mario game is SUPER MARIO BROS 3 and yours is Galaxy 2.. we are different gen Nintendo lovers.

Lets not forget Nintendo censored fuck out of MK/DOOM back in the day, There kiddy consoles bro and i ain't arguing about this on neogaf. I don't want to get banned.

Yen

I was only using COD as an example because it is the ultimate dudebro game and it's clear every "mature" game coming out has been influenced by it, as evidenced by Microsoft's E3 conference yesterday. As for the games you had mentioned, Battlefield was, and I'd assume Ghost Recon has been dudebro'd too.

Kentpaul

we would all be banned if we had this discussion in a gaming side thread for sure. I don't even think the mods travel this far out.

we are in the deepest realms of gaf, closest mod hangs around in the hip hop thread

To be honest, it's a sorry state of affairs if this discussion could get you banned. We've all been civil, and I don't think my stance is particularly offensive, just causes a lot of disagreement.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Calling it a day is the best way to win an argument.

Protip: Games for everyone != just for kids.

Kentpaul

its all blahblah's fault. I hope he gets the longest ban for this.

Il be gutted if i get a 6 month ban. I beg mods go easy on me i fell for his bate.

IM A VICTIM HERE

Incidentally, my dreadful username can be blamed on thinking I would only join to make my argument and then leave. Got addicted, and in hindsight should have chosen a less...shit...username.

Kentpaul

Incidentally, my dreadful username can be blamed on thinking I would only join to make my argument and then leave. Got addicted, and in hindsight should have chosen a less...shit...username.

Ask a mod for a new username and a cool tag. Makes all the difference when posting. Now you mention it you do come across as a hit and run drive by poster.

Yen

Starbucks Ireland ‏@StarbucksIE
Happy hour is on! Show us what makes you proud to be British for a chance to win. Don't forget to tag #MyFrappuccino

KuGsj.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ask a mod for a new username and a cool tag. Makes all the difference when posting. Now you mention it you do come across as a hit and run drive by poster.

Tags don't work that way and if you do they might give you the boring "Formally known as..." tag.

Suairyu

Banned
Has anyone ever gone traveling?

I should've done it when I was at Uni, but since I'm still young I don't think it would be too late.
Bro, get that "still young" "too late" mentality out of here before you make Smokydave cry. It's never too late for anything except sex with teenagers - you have to do that the first time around and then your chance is gone.

Suairyu

Banned
Ugh the police tape I'm transcribing right now is about a serial killer talking about how he restrained raped and kill this one girl, talking about her screaming and shaking and stuff. This is a really hard show to work on sometimes.

Suairyu

Banned
But then I can't get a reputation as the office weird guy!

No seriously I think I need a hug now this tape has been so rough.

Suairyu

Banned
After the Nintendo conference I was actually eager to get back to the serial rape and murder interviews.

This is the worst E3 in my memory.

Suairyu

Banned
I just looked at my bank account and agreed.

Mind you, wasn't games. I forgot my lunch one too many times and ended up spending little amounts here and there and it all added up. Oh well. First month lesson. Stricter wallet control from here on out.

... and I'm travelling to Bristol this weekend for a booty call, before hopping to Cardiff for Prometheus. I wonder how frugal I can get this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom