• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

arena08

Been snowing for an hour or two here in Nottingham, glad I've got nowhere to go! It's sticking and coming down heavy now. Looks like we might end up for a few inches.

Zoibie

A bit of snow in Cumbria but it's been raining so none of it is setting. I really should get a decent camera sometime, where I live looks amazing when it's been snowing.

Meadows

Banned
Nout here in N Wales. Just went on a walk around some mountains in the Conwy valley, was a bit nippy (2C) but only a little bit of snow on the mountains, nout on the ground.

Mastadon

Banned
Just started coming down in Leicester, looks to be setting pretty fast. I have next week off work though, so bring it on.

Noaloha

Well that was bloody odd. I went to bed real late last night, had several beers, played Soulcalibur V 'til I passed out pretty much. Woke up at midday-ish today, left all the curtains closed and whatnot in order to maintain a level of acceptable hangovering; played many more hours of SCV.

Half an hour ago I do a quick spot of housework and go to take some binbags outside.

Before I'd even fully opened the front door my brain told me something was amiss in the larger world. All the ambient street noise had a carpetty muffle to it. Lo and behold, I swing the door open to a fever-dream whitewash of snow an inch+ thick, covering everything, practically untouched. The sort of scene you expect at six in the a.m. but never really encounter at six in the p.m. It took a few moments for my brain to register what in buggeration was afoot. It was dark outside, but all the street/domesticlight was giddily bouncing off everything, giving the whole scene a deep unfamiliarity that my brain recoiled from.

I really gotta get into the habit of opening curtains during the day.

I chucked a snowball then ran back inside and slammed the door shut.

Nottingham-GAF high five.

Missed the bastard 6.26 from KX had to wait 30 mins for the 6.56. Fuck that shit. Was fucking freezing my bollocks off in the train station. Bastarding DLR and tube was late. Bastards.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
That new blonde is annoying as fuck, and that Because still does my fucking head in.

I love this show.

If only. My missus is making me watch the twilight films. I just don't get it, they couldn't find one fucking person who could act to appear in the films?

Big shame. I feel for you. I have a few bottles of Kopparberg which I plan to drink and I have pizza left over from yesterday. A few mates are coming over later and I expect lots of PES will be played. :D

Meadows

Banned
Big shame. I feel for you. I have a few bottles of Kopparberg which I plan to drink and I have pizza left over from yesterday. A few mates are coming over later and I expect lots of PES will be played. :D

PES?

Pikey Enfield (is) Shit?

Manchestaaaaaa!

Ashes2049

Neo Member
Snow's finally stopped here, looks to be about a good 4-6 inches in the less travelled places (like my back garden) Will be lots of fun when it all turns to ice >.<

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
It's snewed around Hull too, just had a wander in it :)

58fd8381.jpg

ef7b8ba3.jpg

31d391a9.jpg

4d0db416.jpg

Meadows

Banned
Random thought:

NHK World HD on Sky is really good, I'd say the production values and HD are the best on Sky, even if they do chat on about random bollocks about a Japanese nut and bolt factory for an hour.

FreeMufasa

Random thought:

NHK World HD on Sky is really good, I'd say the production values and HD are the best on Sky, even if they do chat on about random bollocks about a Japanese nut and bolt factory for an hour.

Yep. Saw a show on earlier today with a Japanese dude in China. Interesting.

Also is anyone going to watch the Super Bowl tonight? Coming on BBC around 11pm I think. For the past few years, a few of us usually meet up at someones house and make a night of it.

Meadows

Banned
Anyone elses internet been dodgy recently on certain sites?

Whenever I go on the BBC and sometimes Facebook it takes fucking ages to load, or doesn't load at all unless I refresh a few times. GAF is fine and I'm running at a respectable 14.1Mbps, 35ms and 1.1mbps upload.

Anyone else? I'm in N Yorkshire, using Google Chrome and am on o2, it was the same at my parents and they're on Virgin (but only get about 5Mbps).

kharma45

Anyone elses internet been dodgy recently on certain sites?

Whenever I go on the BBC and sometimes Facebook it takes fucking ages to load, or doesn't load at all unless I refresh a few times. GAF is fine and I'm running at a respectable 14.1Mbps, 35ms and 1.1mbps upload.

Anyone else? I'm in N Yorkshire, using Google Chrome and am on o2, it was the same at my parents and they're on Virgin (but only get about 5Mbps).

Facebook has been doing it to me now you mention it, both at home and up at uni.

I'm watching the Superbowl and have no idea what is going on. Should probably go to bed.
I know what's going on... but half the time it's still about as interesting as watching paint dry. Still, could be baseball, which is as interesting as watching paint dry 100% of the time.

FreeMufasa

I know what's going on... but half the time it's still about as interesting as watching paint dry. Still, could be baseball, which is as interesting as watching paint dry 100% of the time.

I used to play American Football and it suffers from the same thing many American sports do. Fun to play, boring to watch. Unless you're with friends and pissing about.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
So who managed the whole hog? As always made a big night of the superbowl. 9am lecture can go fuck itself, it's 3:38 and I'm finishing off my beer and listening to The Smiths to chill out before I go to sleep.

May be a rugby league fan at heart but I love me some NFL action.

Suairyu

Banned
Watched the whole thing; enjoyed it as always. Such a wonderfully tactical game compared to footie, which relies more on fluid, moment-to-moment thinking.

Half time Madonna show was a visual feast and at least two hundred times better than the black eyed peas last year. Not even on the same footing as The Who and The Boss from the years prior, though.

The ending was some tense stuff.

Bet the first bout of oral next time I meet the current lady on the giants winning. Sweet, sweet victory head-ing my way.

Number45

I actually really like watching baseball (although since I'm never up that late any more I haven't watched it for years), and I don't really know why.

mxgt

Banned
as a big NFL fan I enjoyed the Super Bowl as usual. Always get a good laugh out of the half time antics.

I watched. I enjoy the NFL but i can only really get into the big games. It's too tedious for me to really enjoy throughout the whole season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom