• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually really like watching baseball (although since I'm never up that late any more I haven't watched it for years), and I don't really know why.
Yeah, I'm just not seeing it. I can get watching it in a stadium, but ugh god, so boring on TV. It's one of the few things I can watch which will literally send me to sleep.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Watched the whole thing; enjoyed it as always. Such a wonderfully tactical game compared to footie, which relies more on fluid, moment-to-moment thinking.

Half time Madonna show was a visual feast and at least two hundred times better than the black eyed peas last year. Not even on the same footing as The Who and The Boss from the years prior, though.

The ending was some tense stuff.

Bet the first bout of oral next time I meet the current lady on the giants winning. Sweet, sweet victory head-ing my way.

That's not saying much, since rubbing tramp piss into your eye holes is also better than watching BEP perform

/obligatory daily BEP hate.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Gazzzo.jpg

I Love free money, 12.50 down, i'l get that back and more tonight!

my first ever BET also, so wish me luck guys.. going to take my girl out to a real fancy place today and hopefully the winnings from the bet will pay me back tonight!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
my first ever BET also, so wish me luck guys.. going to take my girl out to a real fancy place today and hopefully the winnings from the bet will pay me back tonight!

Are they still doing 2 meals for £5.99 in Wetherspoons?

Seanbob11

Land & Sea? I suppose it did win fish and chip shop of the year 2005-06, that could count as fancy. Maybe.

SmokyDave

Oi, you bunch of fuckers, leave 'im alone.

We're well behaved with excellent manners in here, remember?

(It'll be Frankie & Benny's).

(I think my usage of the collective noun 'Fuckers' might have made me a hypocrite).

(Well, more of a hypocrite, anyway).

(Parentheses and comma's all up in here).

Meadows

Banned
Ok GAF is there some kind of mass cyber attack going on against the UK or something?

BBC and Facebook (but especially BBC) have been loading slow as fuck for the last few days. It's been the same on 4 different networks in 2 different cities using 2 different browsers, and other people I've talked to are getting it too. What gives? It's taking like 30 seconds to load the BBC News page?! I've got a 15mbs connection..

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Ok GAF is there some kind of mass cyber attack going on against the UK or something?

BBC and Facebook (but especially BBC) have been loading slow as fuck for the last few days. It's been the same on 4 different networks in 2 different cities using 2 different browsers, and other people I've talked to are getting it too. What gives? It's taking like 30 seconds to load the BBC News page?! I've got a 15mbs connection..

Both fine for me and my connection's shitty.

Tambini

Both are fine to me

Though I have quite fast internet, I haven't heard of anyone else having problems

Meadows

Banned
BREAKING NEWS:

NewsManc

BBC want nothing from you but pictures of snow

NewsManc said:
As snow begins to fall in Manchester the BBC have announced that they will be suspending all regular broadcasting activity in order to focus on obtaining as many of your snow photographs as possible.

“This all started in 2004 when I was appointed”, said BBC Director General Mark Thompson. “I realised that at least a third of every news-related item, regardless of whether it was on television, radio or digital platforms, could be padded out with pointless and benign photographs sent in by the proletariat. It’s a cheap, easy way of providing content.”

“And nothing captures the imagination of the lower social classes as much as people’s pictures of snow. Snowmen, snow on cars, snow on pavements, snowball fights, snowy roofs. Anything really. They go especially fucking mental for pictures of stuff stuck in the snow”, Thompson added. “You know, buses and stuff. Fucking mental. So we decided that when we got our first snow of 2012 we’d focus on nothing but your snow photographs.”

Internet users who visit any of the BBC’s websites today will see simple “SEND US YOUR FUCKING SNOW PHOTOGRAPHS” messages in place of any usual content.

Regular programming on the network’s television channels have been replaced with a static photograph of BBC Breakfast’s resident fuckwit and emasculated disgrace of a ‘man’ Bill Turnbull holding up a sign pleading and begging for your snow pictures. It is understood that from 4pm this afternoon there will be a 24-hour Turnbullathon where Bill will aim to show over 200,000 of your snow photographs whilst providing comments such as “ooh, look at this cat with snow on his nose, isn’t that cute?”. The programme will be co-hosted by Susanna Reid who will continually look at Bill with a mix of contempt, pity and emptiness.

The BBC has promised that if they receive over 5 million snow pictures from the public over the next 12 hours they will screen a special live TV programme later in the year with Chris Moyles and Michael McIntyre attempting to fight off grizzly bears with just their bare hands.

Regular readers will remember that as part of its new complex at MediaCityUK the BBC controversially built a special underground bunker the size of six football pitches to hold one of the largest and most secure servers in the world purely dedicated to hosting photographs of snow. Many people questioned the investment at the time but Thompson now feels that the decision has been vindicated. “That decision has clearly been fucking vindicated”, he said this morning. “Look at the fucking snow.”

Reports coming in to News Manc from members of the public in and around BBC offices at MediaCityUk in Salford, West Manchester, suggest that all BBC employees at the site have now donned Bill Turnbull masks and are currently engaged in some form of mass outdoor snow ritual involving chanting, dancing and human sacrifice.

bbc.jpg

Xun

With the rise of other GAF meetups a London-GAF meetup is LONG overdue.

Who the hell is up for it?

Xun

I can always get the ball rolling, but I'd like to know if enough people are interested in such a thing first.

I'm also not entirely sure where we'd go, but as long as alcohol is involved shit would be fine.

I can always get the ball rolling, but I'd like to know if enough people are interested in such a thing first.

I'm also not entirely sure where we'd go, but as long as alcohol is involved shit would be fine.

I second the alcohol, will be too weird without it.

Qasiel

I'd be up for this. I know a couple of varied places up the West End we could end up at, too.

SteveWD40

NotLondon GAF would say Birmingham makes more sense, but then that place is a shithole so London makes sense ;)

I am game, with a decent amount of notice cos trains and hotel etc...

Xun

NotLondon GAF would say Birmingham makes more sense, but then that place is a shithole so London makes sense ;)

I am game, with a decent amount of notice cos trains and hotel etc...
Awesome.

If more are down for it just give a shout out in the thread.

How about a Friday or Saturday night in March?

Bleepey

If we did a London meet up. I'd probably keep my username to myself just to see if people can tell who i am by the way i act in forums and real life.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If we did a London meet up. I'd probably keep my username to myself just to see if people can tell who i am by the way i act in forums and real life.

It's always a bit odd to introduce yourself with your username, maybe I should wear a badge with my avatar on it and just say me my real name is. I act very differently offline so for me saying who I am on GAF is no problem for me.

FreeMufasa

not being funny or owt but I reckon I'd get along proper well with Smoky

Not trying to be funny but it's always seemed to me UKGaf is more.........'normal' than other gaf. By that I mean social awkwardness and stuff. That's just based on the posts i've seen though. I think a meet would go down well.

Meadows

Banned
Not trying to be funny but it's always seemed to me UKGaf is more.........'normal' than other gaf. By that I mean social awkwardness and stuff. That's just based on the posts i've seen though. I think a meet would go down well.

yeah I reckon.

I've met Industrian before, it was well funny. We were both in New Taipei City at the same time and decided to meet up at this Japanese place. This waitress kept harassing us in Chinese and we had no fucking idea what she was on about until we handed her some money and she fucked off. Proper funny.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm well up for a meet somewhere in London. Count me in. Looking forward to getting out and seeing a bit more of the city as I've not been here long. I'm sure London-GAF make for good company!

Meadows

Banned
to be honest I can't really be arsed trekking to london.

furthest I'd be interested in would probs be Manchester or Leeds

to be honest I can't really be arsed trekking to london.

furthest I'd be interested in would probs be Manchester or Leeds
Always the same problem with these things really, not a massive surprise that a massive population center like London would hold more gaffers on average. I see exactly the same things with a lot of the Eurogamer meet ups.

I reckon someone should find the absolute middle of the UK and have it there. :D

Number45

Always the same problem with these things really, not a massive surprise that a massive population center like London would hold more gaffers on average. I see exactly the same things with a lot of the Eurogamer meet ups.

I reckon someone should find the absolute middle of the UK and have it there. :D

If you count all of the UK you'd be looking around Leeds I think, as always it'd be a lot closer to some than others. Probably best to start canvassing for people seriously interested and their locations and work on a location that's roughly fair for all.

I did something similar before, we ended up in Harrogate which is miles away from me but we also had people down from Scotland so it worked out fair for all in the end.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
If I were at home I could totally do Leeds, being from Huddersfield. In which case make in sometime between March 16 and April 16.

Also I would echo that UK Gaf seems a tad more "normal" than regular GAF, not to imply it's a board full of weirdos but I get what you mean.

EDIT: Just realised this was post 1000, cheers UK Gaf. I raise this beer to you gents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom