• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
We were all about Goldeneye multiplayer, then I was lucky enough to get a Playstation too so it became a lot of Crash Team Racing from there on too.

Everyone had both a PS1 and a N64.

Playing multiplayer games like the orignal MOH on the PS1 was just never the same as a 4 player Mario kart/goldeneye session on a warm summers day.

Id take takken over smash bros any day though, Sorry nintendo fans but smash bros is such a bottom basher it makes me sick.

I'm not a Smashboards nutjob by any means but those who play that game with purpose will always succeed other those who just go about it willy-nilly. Also Tekken has been a disappointing experience for years now. :(

SmokyDave

I loved SSBM. Put more than 1000 hours into it (ah, blessed unemployment). Never 'clicked' with Brawl though. Just played the Subspace Emissary mode and then shelved it.

Real men roll there trolley to the self checkouts :p

Having to deal with store clerks is a thing of the past, Though i do like the small talk with the dudes who work in corner stores.

I normally do, but a full weeks shopping would take the piss!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Everyone had both a PS1 and a N64.

Playing multiplayer games like the orignal MOH on the PS1 was just never the same as a 4 player Mario kart/goldeneye session on a warm summers day.

Id take takken over smash bros any day though, Sorry nintendo fans but smash bros is such a bottom basher it makes me sick.

I had neither. Back in that era I was a staunch PC gamer. Quake 2, Quake 3, Half Life, Unreal, Anachronox... shit was the bomb. IMO, the last great era of PC gaming, and the last era where a layman could actually play with the mod tools.

Kentpaul

I had neither. Back in that era I was a staunch PC gamer. Quake 2, Quake 3, Half Life, Unreal, Anachronox... shit was the bomb. IMO, the last great era of PC gaming, and the last era where a layman could actually play with the mod tools.

I'd like to note i had UT99 on my PC back then with no internet connection lol.

BOTS.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'd like to note i had UT99 on my PC back then with no internet connection lol.

BOTS.

Psh, get outta here with your UT bots. Reaper bot for Quake reprazent! And the amazing Gladiator bot for Q2, that was the shit. There was a period about 5 years ago where I got back into Q2 Gladiator botmatches using one of the Q2 source mods. It's an almost perfect deathmatch game for me.

I was both disturbed and gladdened to find that there are levels on the internet that I made foir Quake 2 back in the day. I'm sure they're terrible.

SKINNER!

Banned
PC gaming in the 90s was so ahead of its time compared to the consoles. Better looking games that sounded incredible and the fact that the games came on a shiny CD was mind blowing. Although I was quite jelly at my friends always talking about their SNES, Megadrive, PS1 and N64, I - later - appreciated the fact that I grew up playing Duke Nukem, DN II and 3D, Jazz Jackrabbit I & II, Raptor: Call of Shadows, Age of Empires, Theme Hospital, Terminator Future Shock, Road Rash, MS 3D Movie Maker, Sim City 3000, Warcraft II, Red Alert, Wing Commander, Blue Force, various awesome point-click games (like Discworld and this other one that was based in space) and PS1 titles that were already on PC like the Tomb Raider series.

Also, considering that wikipedia didn't exist back then, I thought this was truly amazing and I won a lot of playground bets proving to people that Roger Moore wasn't the first Bond.

UrLZ7.jpg
Y6SPv.jpg

Suairyu

Banned
There is nothing more tedious yet more satisfying than collating all your notes into a form that can be given to someone else to work from.

I don't even think I'll get much properly achieved today or tomorrow, but at least there will be no confusion come Thursday when I handover to someone else so I can go off and be hospitalised.

Got so stressed today I wanted to vomit. Went for a power walk in the woods and felt better.

Just LBP2 and Uncahrted for now, got a long long list of titles + PSN games to catch up on though.

First time with Uncharted? If so, wait until you play 2. It's so much better I couldn't believe it.

Just done Microeconomics. Went meh could have been so much worse. Think I've only got a 2:1 overall though :(

My uni fucked up last night too- I booked a guest room on campus last month, and the silly bint on the phone put the wrong dates down, so I had to spend £75 on a Premier Inn room. Can't believe I never checked the dates were correct. I'm going to fucking rage in the accommodation office tomorrow though.

Kentpaul

1. Russia@ 11/8
2. Czech Republic@ 11/8
3. Universidad de C...@ 4/11
4. Mexico@ 1/2
5. USA@ 11/20

Stake 10:Returns178.83:(including stake)

Tempted..

Sup Gaf, just got back from an awesome 4 days at Fort William, met some fab people, watched our boys Danny and Gee come in 2nd and 3rd in the Downhill World Cup, had 2 days of glorious sunshine, and didn't get bitten by a single midge. A successful weekend indeed.

Kentpaul

Sup Gaf, just got back from an awesome 4 days at Fort William, met some fab people, watched our boys Danny and Gee come in 2nd and 3rd in the Downhill World Cup, had 2 days of glorious sunshine, and didn't get bitten by a single midge. A successful weekend indeed.

Did you meet Lewis Ferguson ?

Doing some online betting guys, on the Roullete table right now. Already put the tenner I used to win this 20 quid back into my bank so no matter were my night takes me on the tables il cut even. The buzz im getting from this is incredible

Dropped a 25 quid bet (of pure winnings) on black to try and win some decent cash lol and lost it, felt my heart race. Slowly worming my way up again

Edit cut even nothing gained nor lost! I should have took it easy when I was 25 up

f0rk

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Stay away from the sequels like the plague, some of the worst writing I've ever read.

Yeah stop after the first, the writing gets worse but the main problem is it is painfully clear it wasn't planned to be a trilogy and the plot gets ridiculous.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
First time with Uncharted? If so, wait until you play 2. It's so much better I couldn't believe it.

Just done Microeconomics. Went meh could have been so much worse. Think I've only got a 2:1 overall though :(

My uni fucked up last night too- I booked a guest room on campus last month, and the silly bint on the phone put the wrong dates down, so I had to spend £75 on a Premier Inn room. Can't believe I never checked the dates were correct. I'm going to fucking rage in the accommodation office tomorrow though.

I saw my housemate play some Uncharted 2 last year, looked real good and I hear that same impression from everyone so really I'm just sorta powering through the first so I can get to the 2nd.

no talk about the football?

lolol, UKGAF doesn't give a fuck! :p

I care, but I keep it to the euros thread as I know this thread isn't exactly full of fans.

Suairyu

Banned
The first Uncharted is a Gears of War clone (+insta-win 'platforming') with average gameplay and nice production values.

Uncharted 2 is one of the best games of the generation.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Can you just skip to UC2? Doesn't seem to be the type of game you need to know the story for. (HA HA Videogame stories)

Suairyu

Banned
Can you just skip to UC2? Doesn't seem to be the type of game you need to know the story for. (HA HA Videogame stories)
Actually it's exactly the type of game you might want to know the story for, unfortunately.

As far as videogames go, it's smartly written. B-movie Indiana Jones style.

SmokyDave

I wouldn't skip the first one. It's a great game in its own right and it'll give you a little back story and familiarity with the characters.

I believe there's a discount pack with the first two games bundled. I'd look for that.

Nah the first is well worth playing- it's a pretty solid experience which can be played through in ten hours or so anyway. Of course you'll also get to see the full story play out too.

The reason 2 is so much better is because Naughty Dog refined everything- graphics, combat, puzzles, pacing, story telling. Even has a decent multiplayer, all of which you'll appreciate more if you play the first.

Don't see why people have an issue with 3 honestly. The only problem I could see was the now patched aiming issue, and the pacing in the last third of the game.

Edit: happy birthday mr ducky!

SmokyDave

Happy birthday Chinner. :)

The Uncharted series is great but my disappointment with almost every aspect of Uncharted 3 runs deep.

I must be psychic because I played (and fucking loved) Uncharted 1 & 2 but didn't pick up 3 because I just knew it was going to be a big disappointment, even if it was a good game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
How peculiar. Usually it's the second game of a trio that is the worst and the third tends to come out on top.

I must be psychic because I played (and fucking loved) Uncharted 1 & 2 but didn't pick up 3 because I just knew it was going to be a big disappointment, even if it was a good game.

One thing that I can not wrap my head around is the original aiming for U3. U2's aiming was 99% perfect and I don't understand why they didn't just copy and paste it into U3.

Kentpaul

holy shir damn wikid dem skills holy moly you da dog man shittt ur Jesus bang pow MLG no scopes shittt u crazy cracka

Keep in mine chinner i had to press the record key every time i took a snipe shot.. took me a while to get that footage.

SCOTLANS GAF, Whos hitting the wu tang concert next month ?

Old kent will smoke all under the table

Happy birthday Chinner!

So it's my first day at my new job today. Going well so far, no one seems like a cock, have access to not only Gaf but facebook to, seems nothing is blocked! Also not as tired from the weekend as I thought I would be. Result.

Kentpaul

Happy birthday Chinner!

So it's my first day at my new job today. Going well so far, no one seems like a cock, have access to not only Gaf but facebook to, seems nothing is blocked! Also not as tired from the weekend as I thought I would be. Result.

My dream.. I have to hide away from camera's/ other people and do all my browsing on my phone.

I'm back to work today guys after a few days off. Making a strong coffee to get my STIM on.

Suairyu

Banned
I'm at work right now and I just checked Facebook. This is being sent from my work machine. I'm living the dream.

I wish I had better dreams.

SmokyDave

Happy birthday Chinner!

Glad to hear it, especially after the mare at your last place.

Another reason to dread moving on from this current job, the loss of GAF access.
P-p-p-pick up a proxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom