• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

f0rk

CHEEZMO™;38677835 said:
Did someone say soggy biscuit?

orNQ1.gif

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I think my head phones have finally burned in.

Music is sounding incredible.

edit goodnight folks, i'm going to be hitting the bars tomorrow from 11am. This is the only way to roll.

Suairyu

Banned
Hotel beds are always too soft. Does my back in. Waking up next to someone is the best, though. I'm very happy ducky right now.

SmokyDave

Hey y'all. Trust you're all keeping well :)

dave is MISSING IN ACTION
Had a week off work so I banned the Internet so me and the lady could spend some quality time together.

Came back and the booth-babe topic is full of hand-wringing and pontificating rather than pictures of tits :(

I'm off to buy a copy of the Daily Sport.

(Suairyu, one is never too old to fuck teens, only too old to feel good about it)

Suairyu

Banned
Just had breakfast at the Bristol Boston tea party. I am so ready to take on the day now. Where's a gorilla? I'm going to punch it in the face.

And Dave, you font of manhood, your wisdom continues to shame my own.

Kentpaul

Just got a letter in folks, Mad mega bills will be stacked.

Getting £1120 refunded to me because i paid to much tax.

FUCKING MEGA SKY HIGH STACKS OF FUCKING CASH. ROLLING IN IT NOW YO.

Mr. Sam

I'm going to Amsterdam tomorrow. One of my friends hasn't got his passport on time (Christ on a bike!) so we'll be having a spare plane seat and a spare bed. No idea how it works, but can anybody be at Stansted at five o'clock tomorrow morning?

Suairyu

Banned
I just met runlikehell. He has a deep-ish voice and is very tall. He tried to flog me pay-for reward cards and ice cream. He invited me to his birthday party next week but I can't go because I'm not local to Wales.

Overall, I would rate my first GAF meetup 7.5/10

Now for Prometheus.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Wait, wasn't the next UK Gaf meetup planned for June or am I remembering it wrong?

Gah, i get fed up observing meetings being organised somewhere nowhere near close to me.

Open house at my shop if any of you get this way. Have mugs. Have coffee. Can find out from younger colleagues guides to local nightlife if necessary (which is basically not too hard since the shop is slap bang in the middle of nightclub-zone, hence the early closing).

Hell, I don't even require that you buy anything, just be polite to anyone who is.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Shop looks beautiful, phisheep.

It's getting there. Got two more shipments on the way to fill it up properly. Big ships, long journeys, takes ages.

But it is nice for now. Had a load of good customers already, but most of them are established heavyweight jewellery-making fanatics. which is a bit of a bugger as we have a huge range of tools in stock that nobody buys because they have them already. Need somehow to attract people new to this stuff. Will work on it.

Still doesn't feel like home yet. Feels like I am invading somebody else's shop!

Kentpaul

20 deck of cigs, hope to buy a 50 quid a quarter of weed when I'm back home. Got the cash for coke and x but I respect my girlfriend when I can and she don't like me on that shit

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'd easy go to a meet-up but the part where I'm sure I'm the youngest person in this thread is, er, disconcerting.
There were people who were just 18 at the last one so age really isn't a problem until they go to clubs.

CHEEZMO™;38708003 said:
We need a NorthernGAF meetup.
But I want to carry on living.

Also he left a hidden message in that post if you quote it.

I'm sure I am even if I don't post that much :/ 17 yesterday haha.

Well that could be a problem even if you try to play the "can be 14 and drink if it is with a meal" card.

it was average.

im not that much older than you greenscar jesus you are a babby at heart.

You nailed it ;_;

Yeah, it probably wouldn't be an issue. I always forget, most of the people I hung around with for the last year are a year or two older than me. anyway.

I just met runlikehell. He has a deep-ish voice and is very tall. He tried to flog me pay-for reward cards and ice cream. He invited me to his birthday party next week but I can't go because I'm not local to Wales.

Overall, I would rate my first GAF meetup 7.5/10

Now for Prometheus.
I have to ask these things, ha. Presuming you enjoyed the film? :p

Lirlond

I don't want to go into the thread, so Prometheus spoilers :

anyone else think its just alien again? Story is very similar. Also jockey wasn't in his chair

f0rk

I don't want to go into the thread, so Prometheus spoilers :

anyone else think its just alien again? Story is very similar. Also jockey wasn't in his chair

No not really. It was definitely worse. Alien was a tense Sci-Fi horror film and a classic of the genre. This was just Sci-Fi with an attempt at grand ideas using very nice visuals but the plot is a confusing mess, the script is poor and the characters motivations rarely make much sense. There were also way too many people on the ship that didn't do anything and took time away that could have been used giving more character to the others.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Was wondering where Dave had got to.

Maaan I got back in the HUD today so I was drinking with some of my mates from back home tonight. Already feeling rough.

Hopefully getting a PS3 tomorrow, any UKGAF on PS3?

Cookie18

Where do you live: Technically Preston but it's actually a small hamlet near Lancaster.
Where are you from: Born in Blackpool.
University: Huddersfield
Sports team of choice: I don't follow football anymore but it has always been Manchester United. More of a Blackpool supporter now.
Current political party of choice: Conservative
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Sausage and Egg barm.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Doctor Who when it is on. Currently Silk.
Oasis or Blur: Oasis.

Cookie18

Nope, applied too late so I had to slum it at Snow Island, behind the uni. :lol (Nah it's alright really, good enough to spend another year at until placement year anyway)

I know a bunch of people at Snow Island. We're moving into a flat near the train station this year. Storthes is fine for meeting people but I wouldn't want to live there again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom